Bread thread

Is pumpernickel the most underrated bread?

either that or rye

You can pump my nickel if you want

How about that honey wheat berry though

Guess so, because that there is not a pumpernickel bread. Looks like a colored wheat and rye bread to me.

I've never eaten pumpernickel in my life, it looks dry. Baguettes are best though prove me wrong

This

Rye and Pumpernickel are great. Love dark breads.

I'm not aware that it's "underrated", it's rated very highly and it's eaten in aristocratic dishes like pumpernickel/fresh cheese/salmon and pumpernickel/fresh cheese/kaviar

That's not pumpernickel.

it's great but i find rye breads to be way less versatile. they only tend to be good with garlic/creme fraiche/onion/fish combos in my experience, but i'm happy to hear people's suggestions

>2017
>still eating the first meme of mankind known as bread
shiggy wiggy diggy

Tijgerbrood is officially the best bread of all time

Bannock is superior

Marble rye is pretty underrated around these parts too

YES.
Pumpernickel is the best bread. I make it myself, from a 140 yr old recipe. If I had to choose a bread to be the last one I ate in this life, it would be pumpernickel.

Post your recipe pls

whats the best bread to eat with salted butter

Post it fgt

What makes it do that?

Baguettes cut the roof of my mouth. Nonsense meme bread.

>Tiger bread
>Looks like Leopard spots

>Dutch education

How do I make 100% whole wheat bread edible?

rice paste brushed on top before baking. Also there's sesame in the bread for flavour.

in the UK it got renamed giraffe bread cos a kid wrote to the supermarket and said it looked more like a giraffe than a tiger

>giraffe bread
LIES
>rice paste
LIES

It's yeast, sugar, corn/riceflour and water, mixed into a paste. The yeast creates the bubble effect, the sugar caramalises for the colouring, the corn/riceflour is just to make a paste.

Source: I'm a Baker.

oh cool, guess there's more to the recipe than I thought. Thanks for updating me!

You can literally just google tiger bread for the giraffe thing though

Turkey and rye with mustard is fucking amazing.