What is the best potato chip and why is it sour cream and onion?

What is the best potato chip and why is it sour cream and onion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gGEv54rLvgs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that's not how you spell cheddar cheese and sour cream ruffles

That's not Salt and Vinegar

my favorites in no particular order:
>pringles salt and vinegar
>crunchips chakalaka
>any tomato-flavored potato crisps

Sour cream and onion ruffles are GOAT

Salt and vinegar is possibly the strangest chip flavor. It hurts to eat. I thought the reason one ate chips was to eat as many as fucking possible

I used to love sour cream and onion chips as a kid but now I prefer salt and vinegar.

Cheese and Onion is officially the best flavour of crisps of all time

Ruffles are so goddamn expensive, though. Luckily pic related's got a C&SC variety which's pretty good at a decent price and for a while were doing 18oz bags that were even cheaper per pound. Should've bought a fallout shelter's worth when I had the chance.

This.

I eat them because I like the taste. salt and vinegar are nice since you have to take your time eating them so oyu can enjoy them longer
also they're probably one of the more honest crisp flavors, they really do taste of salt and vinegar

Because once you become an adult, you realize flavoured chips are for children

nigga you don't understand,

vinegar.

there used to be one. fucking. brand. that made that flavor in my country and they discontinued them.

also I had someone bring me a bunch of vinegar chips from the UK and there were ones so acidic that you could feel them burn a hole in your mouth. light blue bag. anyone know what I'm talking about?

>tfw can't find any decent ranch-flavored chips
What's the point of it all bros

pringles is my guess, they burn like a motherfucker and you know you love the abuse
once I ate a pack too fast and my mouth was sore for a whole day
youtube.com/watch?v=gGEv54rLvgs

paprika is better

same color as the pringles but in a bag. I've had the pringles as well but these were even more vile. but my memory is utterly fucked so I could be wrong of course.

Say word

Because once you become a foodie , you realize flavoured chips are for children
fixd

thats not salted

Spicy mustard. Nothing even comes close.

best

Lay's Pickle Chips are fantastic

>"flavored food is for children"

Kill yourself

Have you tried Frito's ranch chips?

Anyone remember the Lays Chicken Tikka Masala chips from last(?) year? I loved those, was sad to see them go.

Lay's Salt and Vinegar is the shit. Actually tastes like vinegar and it melts right in your mouth.

Jalapeno Kettle-Cooked chips are a close second but I don't know if we're counting them here.

>it hurts to eat

So does spicy food. You just kind of get used to it, or you like the flavor more than you hate the pain it causes. I love the taste of jalapenos even though they burn.

Best flavour here

My nigga

That's a funny way of spelling Wasabi Ginger.

i want to make homemade chips

I'm so happy this is the first post. This user is correct.

>it hurts to eat

Get a load of this pussy

for me it is zapps, the best potato chip

voodoo flavor best flavor

Lays wasabi chips. They stopped selling them at my grocer. I'm pissed

Don't they have gator flavored chips?

Ms vickeys jalepeno chips are the best

Chip of choice whenever I get drunk.

Ridged, yes, but this brand instead.

Warning: there is no going back

Lays salt n vinegar, doritos ketchup, ruffles sour cream n onion

How are their sweet potato chips? I've always wanted to try some.

It's over

better Doritos then Doritos

These.

For me it is squirrel, Europe's favorite meat

Are those supposed to be feet or fangs? If I recall correctly spick stores sell spicy fang-shaped cheetos.

Anything but pic related and you should kill yourself

stopped eating chips after i read a thread about how they use some ingredient that makes people shart

terrifying

Oleorisin. Only Pringles uses it though.
You'll be fine.

Jimmy Johns JalapeƱo chips are pretty good

Personal favorite with
these in second place

Although everyone I know is disgusted by these

They are feet.

What? These are the first flavor that has ever been able to legitimately compete with cooler ranch. I don't know anyone who dislikes them

I find them disgusting but feasible with a 66% reduction in seasoning.

kill yourself

These are good but I can't find them.

RIP

Impossible to eat without getting everywhere

I want this.

That is all.

No Name brands are great. The powder on these things are thick.

better then cheetos

pick out the bullshit pretzels

Holy shit clean your fucking kitchen and put the liquor away Lahey.

This

Literally everyone else can fuck off

This

I swear to god they used to have more cheese dust flavoring when I was a kid.

Best.

funny, we had one called spicy cheddar over here
I wonder if it's the same flavor but rebrended

is this stuff really good? every chicken flavoured chip in my country (including lays) tastes godawful. like chicken stock cube mixed with sewer waste.

just thinking about potato chip flavors makes me angry. every time I find a good one it ends up being a limited time thing and gone when I go back for more. years ago there was a smoked cheddar and barbecue flavor that was great, but they pulled the whole line it was from. there was a loaded baked potato flavor that they brought back like 3 different times with different names, but they're gone now too. black pepper jack doritos are gone. they were supposed to have brought back blazin bufflo doritos, but I was only able to find them for a couple weeks before they disappeared again. why do they keep doing this to me?

I wouldn't be surprised. They keep adding new flavours to this strong line, and honestly I like them all.

Newest one is sichiuan pepper, also pretty bomb.

>Share pack

We all know you are the whole thing

Their chili and sour cream ones are pretty damn good too

Is that the same as these? Seems they would be close in flavor

>He doesn't fill the bag with mountain dew and eat with a spoon

Pleb

Fuckin eh. I used to live by the place they make then in Belleville. Im out west now but I pick up a bag whenever I can

Haven't seen them in years, but the jalapeno flavour was insanely good.

Salt and Vinegar is objectively the best chip flavor.

This and tomato Lays are the only correct answers.

Aldis had these aged chedder and black pepper waffle chips a while ago as well as a garlic and sea salt variety and good fucking god were they delicious. Haven't seen them since and won't be surprised if I wind up getting a dozen bags next time they pop up, if ever.

Tangential, but I'd give my left nut for a Chex Mix or similar snack bix that cut out all the extra crap and was just flavored chex pieces. Everything else is just a flavor-repellent obstacle that gets in the way of that cheesy, crunchy, airy goodness, ESPECIALLY the bullshit pretzels.

All you need is a mandolin and a cheap low smoke point oil. I recommend cooking them at a lower temp first and then again at a higher temp for kettle style chips.

Those chips are fashionably AND practically dressed for their trip to Flavour Town. 100% money chip.

When my friend came from DC to New Orleans for a visit, he literally bought like 20 of those to bring back home lol.