Try and explain to me why the best vegetable isn't onion, specifically red onion

Try and explain to me why the best vegetable isn't onion, specifically red onion

Shallots are more delicate and delicatenessbis more cute and cuteness is aesthetic and aesthetic value is the ultimate moral good

Paying 600% increased prices for onions that are just as easy to grow and find? No.
For me it is the white or sweet onion. Red onion are fine but they aren't good in cooking applications, only raw.

>for onions that are just as easy to grow and find?
Then grow and find them instead, idiot

That's not eggplant

>names a fruit
>claming it's a vegetable
user, what did you mean by this?

>Red onion are fine but they aren't good in cooking applications

india would like a word with you user.

onions are literally a meme veggie.

>red onion
Because yellow onions grown in the black dirt region are superior, you plebeian monkey.

potatoes exist.

Thats a fucking fruit nigga, baka

India is too busy making shitty Britbong food and shitting in the street

Onion is by far the best vegetable. Try caramelizing onions some time. Fucking amazing on a burger or a steak.

Plus you pretty much use onions in every savory dish from every culture.

Why red though? I use yellow for everything because it's the cheapest.

Get on my level you fucking animals

these are so fucking good but I'm a poorfag

what is this post

The truth. Fuckin love onions theyre the OP vegetable

Is there an Asian market close by? Their prices tend to dip below retail by a considerable amount.

If not try and locate an IGA affiliated supermarket, their produce across the board is 25-50% cheaper than the competition.

>Plus you pretty much use onions in every savory dish from every culture.
Exactly, so why the fuck did you feel the need to talk about caramelised onion like it was a secrit tip? Probably at most 1 in 100 adults haven't tried caramelised onion on some meat

Too strong of a flavor compared to white onions. I tried substituting red onions for white onions in a bootleg stirfry I like and the red onion flavor didn't blend enough.

Besides raw on a sandwich, why should I ever get any onions that are not vidalia/sweet?

Because these exist.