Onions

ITT: anything onion, uses, recipes, slicing. I dare any of you to say anything against onions

Other urls found in this thread:

foodwishes.blogspot.com/2016/03/rigatoni-alla-genovese-maybe-best-meat.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Great in savory sauces.

Chef John's pasta alla genovese

foodwishes.blogspot.com/2016/03/rigatoni-alla-genovese-maybe-best-meat.html

One of the best onion-heavy recipes I've made

i fucking cant stand onions how do you people do it
why is garlic so much better

t.faggot

>not using both onions and garlic
Step it up.

what makes you hate onions. they have many different forms of texture and can be used in so many things. I love raw onions because of the texture.

i dislike their crunch and cooked texture
and theyre even found in everything too,i guess the most i can handle is onion powder
do i have autism

>do I have autism
yes, I think ya have it.

Shakshouka is the best. I couldn't wait until my supermarket stocks local tomatoes again. Winter sucks.

t. Shrek

I fucking hate onions
They just taste like shit
Thats just my shitty palate though, because tomatoes physically make me gag

To be fair, modern tomatoes are just nasty watery nothing. They're good for texture and not much else.

Cherry tomatoes are where it's at

I agree. people don't realize that a tomato is actually a fruit, though. it's because of how their grown.

Or you know, just get local ones. They are better. Or grow your own.

I tried canned San Marzanos and the like as recommended by blogs. They are not great. Americans have shit taste.

>Americans have shit taste.
>Because we both think GMO tomatoes are gross
When did you first learn about your learning disability

I get a few bratwursts and eat them with some sauteed onions with garlic. That's my breakfast

I use onions a lot, but I am never sure which onion to use in which circumstance.

I usually use white onions in chili, and red onions in everything else (raw salads, onion rings, chicken soup, beef stew, brisket are things I commonly make)...

When the fuck am I supposed to use yellow onions? Spanish? Vidalia?

I sometimes caramelize onions, cool them in the fridge, and put them on everything bagels with vegetable cream cheese. It's the perfect poverty-price lunch. My most common use for them though is sauteeing them in butter with potatoes for dinner. One of the best side-dishes ever, and so simple.

Sweet onions are good sauteed with squash and zucchini.

I default to shallots lately.
Just taste better.

>dislike texture
>autism

>yerp

bump

Is he /ourguy/