Alright, Veeky Forums - the so-called "American bullfrog" (Lithobates catesbeianus) is an invasive species in my area...

Alright, Veeky Forums - the so-called "American bullfrog" (Lithobates catesbeianus) is an invasive species in my area. It is dreadfully-overpopulated and is ruining your streams. I caught some with a net, but let them go, since I wasn't ready to prepare/cook them.

But now I am. I need your best bullfrog recipes/cooking tips/etc. I am going to help my state eat our way out of this crisis.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swikee
saveur.com/article/Recipes/Sauteacuteed-Frogs-Legs-Cuisses-de-Grenouille-agrave-la-Provencale
youtube.com/watch?v=Nn6w38-EF-k
youtube.com/watch?v=dFVCVz73x-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=GQwG__kp9yM
realcajuncooking.com/2011/07/cajun-fried-bullfrog-legs.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know, but goddamn wouldn't it be sweet to just have a free food source like that

Why didn't you just kill the fucking thing anyway instead of letting it back out into the wild?

>throwing out good food
user please, a child in africa could have used that frog

It was a dry-run/feasibility study. Those froggies got lucky.

Food not wasted in america doesn't translate into food given in africa

let me know when you catch a rare frog

Garlic marinade I guess? Look up some french recipes. Should work just fine.

yes it does

bread and fry the legs like you are making fried chicken, it's bretty gud

Dude just put your leftovers in a box and sent them to random african villages instead of throwing them out

>eating a son of Kek
Blasphemer!

It's an invasive species. Kill it next time.

Only people in America who actually eat those are Cajuns, so I'd go for a Cajun style seasoning and then either deep fry or grill.

where the fuck do you live

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swikee

>Another type of frog cooking is "pepes kodok", frog cooked in pepes method, where the frog legs and different condiments are wrapped in banana leaves and put in a fire until cooked.

Are you fucking kidding me

holy fuck

It's well known that frogs are cannibals and it's also known there can be no other frogs before Pepe.

The Pepe meme will officially never die.

stir-fried swikee in margarine sauce

Looks like it was just pulled from a LA swamp

>Invasive species

Yes, but all frogs are endangered and the bullfrog is among the most resistant to the deadly fungus that is killing the world amphibian population.

We're a weird bunch.
This one is made of bee larvae.

Don't kill frog.

why leave the spines on? they don't look like there's a lot of meat on them and it looks pretty freaky imo

Oregon. We also have a lot of non-native crayfish that need to be culled. I catch and eat my share.

American bullfrogs are in no way "endangered."

I'm also kind of curious about Chinese recipes, since it seems like they eat a lot of frogs.

>poisonous cane toads overrunning Australia
>"but user-kun, frogs are endangered! Don't squash them!"

Frog meat is a lot like chicken, and any recipe you use for chicken will work for frog legs.

If I had access to a shitload, I'd save up enough to make a stock with the legs, strip the meat off, and then use the stock and meat in a gumbo or an etouffee with some andoille.

augh yeah folks da delicous ditch lopsta

Fry the legs up like chicken. Tasty. Ate plenty of frog when I was homeless for 3 years.

The fungus will deal with them.

Use a thinner breading than with chicken.

saveur.com/article/Recipes/Sauteacuteed-Frogs-Legs-Cuisses-de-Grenouille-agrave-la-Provencale

>tfw you live in a city and can't just eat the overflowing wildlife
Feels so bad

youtube.com/watch?v=Nn6w38-EF-k

here OP, instructional video on how to break them down

After that just lightly dust and fry, season well.

youtube.com/watch?v=dFVCVz73x-Q

Frying recipe/instructions

Looks like the only part you wanna eat is the legs, rest is just guts.

youtube.com/watch?v=GQwG__kp9yM

Cleaning method that lets you keep the body, can be used for stewin

>kodok
I SERVE NONE BUT KORROK

You're drunk, John.

He's going to. That's the entire point of the thread, dipshit.

>then use the stock and meat in a gumbo
Do this, OP. Throw some of those crayfish in there and make yourself a little seafood stew.

Yeah, those is probably what I'd go for too, or hell, I'd slow cook those badboys in some curry sauce. You'll probably end up with a slightly fishy tasting chicken-like stock that's extremely lean.

>American bullfrog

That's an odd name. I'd have called them Chazzwazzers.

>margarine sauce
>kys

Marinade them in Doritos and Mountain Dew to make the ultimate Veeky Forums dish

We should kill humans, they are the most invasive of species.
/Edge off, no really the concept of invasive species and that we have to combat them seems silly.

Adobo

just google any adobo recipe and replace chicken/pork with frog.

Why didn't you just follow the recipe on the website you got that picture from?

realcajuncooking.com/2011/07/cajun-fried-bullfrog-legs.html?m=1

They show up because humans being them here, have no natural predators, and out-compete or kill numerous other native species, fucking up the no one.

Yeah, no, can't think of any reason to care.

Yeah next time. Next time I'll clean the zebra mussels off my boat before heading into a lake.

>that pic
>100 Crayfish 66% of days is allowed
Do they pop out the ground like insects or what? There's no way they're that common.

They are very, very common in many areas. You can start poking around a minor stream with a net and capture dozens within an hour or so at a relaxed pace. They breed prolifically.

>3 pairs of legs per person
That doesn't sound like a lot.