Are nettles delicious? I have a bag full of them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vw0tNIPf-80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, just remember to blanch them first if you don't want to fucking die

Nettles make the chest milk flow

Quite delicious i rub them on myself whenever i find them

What are nettles? Im not from America or Europe so sorry for no understand

Yeah dude, just chew on them its good shit.

They make really healthy tea that doesn't taste too bad. I guess also soup? I think if you fold them so the sides of the leaf are inside you can eat them with no stings good look.
Literally delicious=avoiding pain

Did you steal this from eeyore?

They don't have Google in your country?

Nettles are like mint, they have a unique mouthfeel when you chew on them

They need a bit of treatment, but they're good. I don't know if I'd consider them good enough to go through it all, but seeing as you already have them...

They need a blanch or a long soak, ideally with a bit of salt to flavour them (they're a leaf... like a slightly more bitter and sour spinach with more veins) - I've heard 30s will do the trick, but I always go 60-90s. Give them an ice-bath to stop the cooking, and then use them wherever. They're good with a bit of salt.

Steaming would probably not stop the stings, but frying might... I think it's a matter of dissolving the acids and histamines rather than denaturing any proteins.

Thank you

Yes but I'm afraid to be tracked

Sent from my Android

God forbid the NSA finds out you're trying to learn about nettle

I just had some nettle tea with other herbs mixed in. It tasted like chestnut.

You should be. They're an illicit drug. You don't wanna go down as the nettle kingpin of wherever you are.

A friend of mine once injected 4 nettles, he was never the same again

People used to make something like spinach with them after the war. It's pretty good, goes well with cat.

Some user a couple days ago posted a nettle soup he made. It looked delicious. Look it up in the archives. Or just google nettle soup I guess.

They are and they have many good uses.

>be burger
>visit ireland, 10 or 11
>running around with cousins through the lawn and garden
>suddenly, pain

fuck nettles, I spent the rest of the day in the bath.

Good info user, god bless

>mfw when I was young, impressing the other kids at school by plucking nettles with my bare hands because city kids don't know the underside of the leaves doesn't sting.

nettles are basically everywhere in europe, like muslims.

Of course OP, I can't live a day without one. They're like crack.

Some years ago I stumbled upon nettles in a grocery store it was 45€/kg. Seriously, guys, it's a weed...

Any nettles stories lads...?

>be 10 year old me
>cycling during the summer
>crash into a huge bed of nettles
>literally submerged in nettles and had to crawl my way out
>run home crying

Also,I've s nice breakfast recipe for nettles. Wash them,drizzle some olive oil on them then throw them into a pan with melted butter. When they're done cooking,throw them on a plate with a poached egg on top. Healthy and delicious.

the biology teacher at my high school made great pesto out of nettle. too bad I didn't get the recipe

nettle cheese is breddy gud desu. might try nettle tea

>run away from home
>its dark on the road
>decide to sleep in a ditch nearby
>ditch is filled with stinging nettles
>slept in a stinging nettle filled hole for the entire night
on one hand it hurt like hell
on the other it made me pretty resistant to stinging nettle pain

use only the top of the plant, it wont hurt you when touching either. you can make a really nice soup with it. just add some onions, garlic and vegetable stock and you're ready to go

Yes i made soup with them the other day

>Yes but I'm afraid to be tracked

No, they're not delicious, which is one of the reasons that we don't grow them by the acre as salad veg.

They are palatable enough, if somewhat apt to have a laxative effect particularly on those not used to eating them.

Pick only young examples.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vw0tNIPf-80

Mince an onion and a clove of garlic, fry them in a pot. Add washed nettles, cut leek and chervil (or something similar like parsley) and keep frying until the leaves begin to soften. Add a diced potato, fill everything up with vegetable broth and let it simmer for about 30 minutes. Blend the soup, add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste, as well as some cream.
At least that's how I do it. Works great with fish or seafood.

Brandnetels lul

Goes well in soups. I also like to rub nettle leaves on my skin when I have any joint pain. Takes the pain rights away.