Need something to spread on crackers

>need something to spread on crackers
>Look through cheese isle for some pub style cheese spreads
>Notice this chunky soft orange cheese called "Pimento Cheese" in a plastic cup with red peppers dashed throughout
>Think it's some sort of south west style soft cheese made into a spread.
>Get home and start eating it with crackers
>It's a little rich at first but I start to enjoy it
>decide to read the ingredients
>It's literally just shredded cheddar cheese mixed with mayonnaise and cherry peppers
>cheese mixed with mayonnaise
>Considered "caviar of the south"

What the fuck southerners that's disgusting.

But you liked it.

>What the fuck southerners that's disgusting.

What the fuck did you expect from a cheese product that came in a jar and wasn't refrigerated?

This sounds like you thinking you're something better than you are.
>buy food
>enjoy it
>read ingredients
>"oh wait I'm not supposed to like this fucking gross"

>cheese isle

I did, but now I know it's mayonnaise.

Fine as a sandwich spread, but it's uses in things like certain salads has always disgusted me. This brings up imaged of someone squirting miracle whip into an American single and eating it.

At least the peppers and the fact that the cheese was certified Wisconsin cheddar made it palatable.

I'm southern and pimento cheese is gross.

It's a magical place user. Fresh mozzarella, aged cheddar, and I guess brie if you're into that kinda thing.

Why does Veeky Forums think brie is a woman's cheese?

Lolwhat? Who said it was?

>Not wanting to go to Candy Island instead

Because it's gross?

Veeky Forums

soft cheese > hard cheese

brie is really a medium cheese

I suppose you're right, but I enjoy it heated up.

>Making fun of pimento cheese when the only reason you found out about it was looking for something to spread on crackers
That's like making fun of Southerners for putting peanuts in Coke while still drinking soda.

>It's a little rich at first but I start to enjoy it
>What the fuck southerners that's disgusting.
I don't get it, was it disgusting or not that bad?

>For putting peanuts in coke while still drinking it
Is this sarcasm or is this actually done?
>Looking to spread on crackers
Well the tub/cup did list cracker spread as one of it's many uses, as well as a sandwich condiment and some other stuff. How is it supposed to be consumed?

It wasn't that bad, but state of mind can influence how something tastes. If you're thinking it's some kind of saucey soft cheese like I did it's going to be better on your pallet than thinking about mayo on cheddar.

Technically speaking it would taste good in general since cheese is fat and mayo is fat and the pickled peppers zing out the richness. However if you're grossed out by mayonnaise in certain combinations it's definitely going to make you squeamish by the thought.

Personally speaking I'm not a fan of mayo beyond a small amount on a sandwich, hating most forms of cold mayonnaise based salads(I. E Marconi salad) and so the combination of rich, shitty American singles and mayo grosses me out.

But that's simply disgust by association I guess.

>he doesn't store his Brie outside in the sun
It's the French way user

Are you related to Irish Stew Guy?

I only go on Veeky Forums occasionally for food related posts, not familiar with who this is.

>Is this sarcasm or is this actually done?
Can confirm, am Southern. We actually do what said. Well, some of us. It seems more common in Georgia from what I can tell. Personally I like it, but only with Coca-Cola specifically. Never heard of it being done with any other kind of soda. The flavors compliment each other well.

I'll have to try it again, it's probably one of those things discovered via combination. You'd be eating Georgia peanuts and washing them down with coke, soon discovering the tastes compliment.

I've tried the same with peanut butter and banana sandwiches combined with malt vinegar after noticing that salt and vinegar chips are always served with PBJ and other variations at sandwich shops. I found the tastes to go together.

Food pretentiousness at its best.

Wtf is wrong with people who see food as a hobby always hipster as fuck

>You can't be grossed out by certain food combinations.
>"You're being a snob"

>speech marks within greentext

WHO ARE YOU QUOTING?

Meme arrows, user.

What keeps bugs from eating through the casing?

Wax paper. Also bugs don't eat cheese.

>Bug's don't eat cheese
[skipping intensifies]

>didn't know what it was
>only read ingredients after shoving into face
Retard

I'm not allergic to anything so I've never had to deal with it.

but if you didn't know what it was why not look at whats in it to make sure youre not wasting money on something you wont like?

I hate people like you. It's the ultimate babby move -"Oh this is good! What is it? Ewwww!"
Fucking child.

Why is FILE DELETED?

Is frogposting banned now? Why is OP file deleted?

OP here, wasn't me. I guess I can't frogpost.

If the Jannies want to be that way then fine, the least they could do is insert this image of the cheese I bought into the OP.