Why do so many people hate the taste of this?

Why do so many people hate the taste of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ymoPRWxZl8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Same reason some people hate the taste of anise

Root beer is good, but birch beer is better

You learn to appreciate it. I hated anise at first same with cilantro, hops, coffee. You learn to appreciate the favor over time. Root beer is truly best soda

Stewarts and IBC are okay, A&W is too vanilla-y, Barqs is a bit too spicy for me while being sickly sweet.

Because it's not a meat pie or a plate of halal shit

But that brings up a question. The world of fine dining holds food to a high standard, but also holds food to the same standard across the board. If food could ever definitively be "good" or "bad" instead of being purely subjective or in the eye of the beholder, the chefs of michelin star restaurants would logically dictate it.

You don't hear top chefs say "cilantro tastes like soap" or dislike certain flavor profiles like anise, because it would be difficult for someone like them to get as far in life as they have while simultaneously restricting themselves from widely appreciated flavors.

Therefore, can we just agree that disliking certain flavors like anise or cilantro places the taster in the wrong?

Root Beer is too sweet. I crave something stronger.

>Barqs is a bit too spicy for me while being sickly sweet.
That's always what i liked about it.

To each their own user.

Yeah no it's cool that you don't like it, I was jut saying. I do think cutting the sweetness could help it though.

Yes, personal preferences are a thing of the uneducated

Cilantro tasting like soap is literally genetics though isn't it? Not wrong so much as unable to properly experience.

Because it's not a typical drink anywhere outside of the US. That means most people in the world aren't accustomed to it, and it is a pretty strange taste if you're not expecting it.

>If food could ever definitively be "good" or "bad" instead of being purely subjective or in the eye of the beholder
They can't though. The closest you can get is by looking at things like technique and quality of ingredients.
>Therefore, can we just agree that disliking certain flavors like anise or cilantro places the taster in the wrong?
Nope. You can say that makes the person unusual, but you can't be right or wrong in what food you enjoy.

As for OP, I used to enjoy getting root beer from an A&W joint when I was younger. Root beer does taste strong and sweet, so I can understand why some people wouldn't like it.

tfw can't into cilantro because >soap

I dunno, although i grew up with root beer i've never seen it as an acquired taste, it was never unpleasant to me.
Other people just say it tastes like medicine to them.

This. Both of my parents say it tastes like soap somewhat, but for me the flavour is INTENSE, literally like i'm chewing on a bar of fucking ivory and it's foaming up in my mouth when i taste just a little bit of fresh cilantro in some salsa or something.

I wish i knew what it was actually supposed to taste like, but it just makes me gag and overpowers all the other flavours in anything it's put in for me.

It wasn't this.

>I don't like cilantro because of a genetic mutation, not because I was fed nuggies and choccy milk well through my teens

Personal preference is no the same thing as liking and disliking

For instance, if you dislike IPAs, you have poor taste, but if you didn't prefer IPAs, you're acknowledging it's place in beer but also acknowledging it isn't among your personal favorites.

Too salty. Seriously, this about it next time you're drinking it.

>they can't though

With that rationale you can't apply a definitive form to anything. However, the only reason anything matters at all is because humans apply value to it, therefore humans create value from nothing. You can do the same thing with quality of food. Beer and wine have prestigious associations that declare their respective beverages "good" or "bad" through numerous criteria. If a beer or wine could ever be definitively "good", then they would know, and if that is as close as we could ever be to having a definitively "good" beer or wine, then why not just declare it definitively good? We apply arbitrary value to everything in our lives, why stop at food?

>>Larry King asked Julia Child which foods she hated. She responded: “Cilantro and arugula I don’t like at all. They’re both green herbs, they have kind of a dead taste to me.”

>>“So you would never order it?” Mr. King asked.

>>“Never,” she responded. “I would pick it out if I saw it and throw it on the floor.”

You callin' me a liar, pinhead?
I eat literally anything, and that shit tastes like soap.

I'd know too cause my momma ground soap into my teeth when i talked back at her.

Here's a video by a nerd on cilantro tasting like soap.
youtube.com/watch?v=6ymoPRWxZl8

wow, kinda glad shes dead now

It tastes soap-like to me and I fucking love it and think it compliments a variety of dishes. Now who is wrong?

because it always tastes warm no matter how cold it is

Nobody's wrong except about it being an issue of pickiness.
If you like it precisely because it taste like soap to you, that's just your opinion.

How is it not an issue of pickiness? If everyone else likes cilantro but you, then you're wrong. What is the confusion here?

Everyone else isn't fucked by their genetics to taste a bar of fucking soap in their mouth when they eat it, dumbass.

Do you understand that soap is not food, does not taste good and that you're not supposed to eat it?
Do you not understand that the cilantro does not taste like it's supposed to, that we aren't tasting whatever the fuck you taste when we eat it?

Barq's>A&W>MUG

Soap is just ashes and fat, right?
Why does it taste like poi- oh that's right they add the poison.

If you enjoy the smell of your own farts and everyone else doesn't, then you're wrong

Imagine for a moment that you were born with a rare gene that makes candy taste like dog shit, does that somehow make you wrong when for you and everyone with that gene it objectively, literally tastes like SHIT?

Soap is a mixture of fat and lye (sodium hydroxide), a basic (base, as in bitter, the opposite end of the scale to acid, sour) solution.

>Imagine for a moment that you were born with a rare gene that makes candy taste like dog shit

If such a case existed, you may be valid. However, it doesn't.

It's an example and exactly the same case as cilantro tasting like soap, jesus.

He's just mad his superior palate can't be scientifically proven

Barq's > Mug > A&W

Objectively the best rootbeer.

It apparently reminds them of medicine.

i love A&W rootbeer but my favorite so far is Virgil's, i'll have to try this one i don't like Dr.Pepper because i get a medicine flavor from it

i don't know

japs apparently hate it because it tastes like medicine to them.

Dr.pepper is best girl, you're probably tasting the prune.

there's only one

Because it doesn't exists in my country and my visits to the US have been limited by the people accompanying me.

I completely agree, Dr. Pepper tastes like cough syrup, but I still enjoy it a lot actually. Can't drink too much in a row tho.

I tried it for the first time a little while back and it tasted of cough syrup.

A&W > Barq's > IBC = Stewarts > Mug

The only root beer I've ever hated was this one guy's home brew garbage that was way too fucking bitter, and tasted like he didn't put in anything to sweeten the damn thing.

this is objectively the correct choice

holy shit, i love root beer, but this is so fucking true my god, i usually end up having to literally have 3/4 of the glass full of ice, and it's still not cold enough

im like your soap, cilantro tastes slightly like parents to me

Listen buddy, any list that doesn't have Barq's in dead last is just wrong.

I will agree with you though that A&W is goat

but Barq's has bite though

>if you don't like to eat shit you just need to get used to the taste, here, eat more shit

Again, if everyone loved the taste of shit besides you, you would be in the wrong.

Because it has a taste that isn't just pure sugar like Goga Gola :-DD

What do you guys think of this stuff?
I'm not a big fan of the anise in the regular version but special edition is GOAT

I'd agree with all of those except cilantro.