Ever have a real NYC slice? Nothin' better than this

Ever have a real NYC slice? Nothin' better than this.

>sbarro

>thumbnail

What is it?

You know it!

pls post a color pic

Nice plate...

Traveling business guy here. I've been all over the US and many other English and Spanish speaking nations.

I've of course had pizza pretty much everywhere.

NYC pizza reminds me of the city itself. It's a miserable shared experience between the citizenry. NYC pizza is essentially the same as the jovial "fuck you" they throw to each other while being assholes in traffic. It's not a good thing, but it is a weird form of group identity and camaraderie that works for the people who choose to exist in the hellscape that in NYC.

See, I'd never eat a nyc slice because I can't eat cheese.

Usually I just take the cheese off. Doesn't look like you can do that there.

That pizza looks defeated, withered and tired.

Thick crust >> thin crust. The only reason you go with thin crust is if you can't make a decent crust and have to hide behind the toppings.

Why english and spanish? Who has the best pizza?

NYC-fag here

There are some real good pizza joints you can find, especially when drunk. I found the one right by One World Trade is pretty good.

Also found some awful ones too though.

Also this guy is correct At least those who live in Manhattan

My friend worked at sbarro in time square and was amazed and angered by how many people fly into NYC and then go to a fucking Sbarro for their pizza.

Just like NYC.

I am an English speaker with some Spanish. My "apprentice" for lack of a better term, is fully bilingual. So we get sent for consults in those countries.

So far, the best pizza I've had was a seafood thing in Sydney. It was a crust that I can't quite describe as thin crust, but it was close. Very airy dough. and rolled fairly thin but not crisp. The sauce was a white wine, garlic and butter sauce. Lots of shrimp, scallops, and caramelized red onions.

The best "traditional" pizza I've ever had was a place called Myle's Pizza Pub in Bowling Green, Ohio. Unfortunately, it has since closed because the owner decided to retire. There's a new pizza place in the building, and they try to emulate what Myle's was. They come close, but they can't get the sauce right. It was this rich spicy almost smokey tomato sauce. It's the most "grown up" pizza I've ever had. It just had a depth of flavors that children would not appreciate. They also piled on massive amounts of toppings. A pepperoni pizza was 3 layers of pepperoni and like a solid half inch of cheese. It positively dripped with pepperoni grease. I'm going to miss it when I end up back in that area again. We used to make the drive there any time we were within a few hours of the place.

The one next to Washington market park?

That is my sheeeeet

tfw all the sbarro's are closed now

yeah, NY style pizza is good shit. the best is in new jersey. you gotta problem with that?

>eating nothing but fat and nitrates

the fuck does it matter, asshole? what are you, some prancing faggot from california?

the fuck is your point, dumbshit?

>grown up taste
>suffocating it in pepperoni
Too many toppings are worse than too few.

I wish CA had sbarros all over like the east coast.

>this kills the Italian

>being this pretentious

lel

Why do you have my nuke-map?

>American
>Pizza

americans invented pizza, fucktard. tomatoes aren't native to italy. italian/roman food is basically fish and vegetables.

>We got these metals from Africa, therefore Africans invented computers.

i don't know whose side you're on, because that could really go either way.

but pizza is an american dish. end of story. i don't want to hear any more about it.

>sbarro
>real NYC slice

Sure

>pizza is an american dish. end of story. i don't want to hear any more about it.

Well, you will, because you're objectively wrong. Modern pizza originated in Naples and was brought to America after WWII by US soldiers stationed in Italy, but culinary anthropologists say it first began to appear in early Rome (sans tomatoes, obviously).

Margherita of Savoy thinks you're a scemo and so do I.

blow it out your ass with your faggy 'culinary anthropologists'. they don't know shit. and neither do you. you can't even find pizza in italy outside of fucking tourist traps.

What's the best cheese ratio of what Cheeses for a NYC style pizza?

The dish that inspired moden pizza was from NAples, but the modern concept of pizza is very American, they devlooped the styles that are currently standard, and are the ones that popularized it throughout the world. Its because of Americans that tourists started going to Italy looking for pizza which later lead to it becoming common there

Its crazy how overrated new york pizza is

Fuck off, go anywhere below Panama and you won't find anything that even resembles "american" pizza.

Maybe in the US's pet states like the UK, or Chile or Japan, but not in the rest of the world.

It's crazier how deluded and idiotic new Yorkers and californians are about their states.
Entire threads full of asshats discussing nothing but how great they are.
It's funny here and there but now it's 25% of threads and it's sad.

They're under the delusion that you can move over a state line and suddenly be as awesome as they are, and everything on the other side of the line is terrible.

Idiocracy was a prophetic movie.

>LARPing as a pretentious man child

2/10 bait, I replied.

memes aside sbarro actually isn't bad at all. It's just so unbelievably expensive.
I don't understand how a chain can have higher prices than family owned places

i used to get whole pizzas from them for like 10 bucks, it was fucking great. i worked at the mall, i could take whatever i wanted when closing time came cuz i made friends with the guy.

This is the most American thing I've read all day.

Texans are the fucking worst about that. Bunch of thin skinned fucks

sounds like a texan kicked your ass and took your girl.

so tell me, who do you not mess with?

lmao
facebook cringe:the post

exactly my point hombre

>pizza
Why does NY insist on calling their plastic joke vomit pizza?

From Sbarro.com......."February 15, 2017
Our XL NY Pizza is made with freshly made dough, dough is made from flour, flour is a plant. Pizza is salad."

CT pizza is superior.

This really got the ol' noggin joggin'

I live on the east coast of florida two blocks from the ocean. Am i a flyover?

This perfecly represents hos i feel about this thread

>post not about Texas or even that area of the states
>n-No they're worse!
Lel

why do new york americans call a pizza a pie?

Because it technically meets the definition of one. It's a filling put inside a crust that's baked in the oven. Same reason why Mcdonald's refers to hamburgers as "sandwiches".

>inside a crust

pies have tops.

Actually, there are plenty of things better than that. How about a pizza with actual toppings on it, or that isn't as thin as paper?

have you ever even seen a pecan pie you fucking faggot cuck

>pies have tops.

Some do, some don't.

name a savory topless pie.

>>savory
Adding narrower goalposts, are we?

Anyway, in addition to pizza, quiche is an obvious example of a savory pie with no top. Quiche Lorraine pictured.

a quiche is not a pie. it's a tart.

It was strongly suggested that the best pizza is in NY even though the best pizza is objectively in NJ

It isn't a "filling", "inside" or a "crust". It is a topping on top of bread. Pie crust is made from pastry not containing yeast and which surrounds the entire filling. Pizza is an flatbread with toppings.

Yeah, had this last time I was there.

tomato pie

dunno, I've been to Sicily and the pizza there is like marginally better than pizza in NJ
I mean it's probably just a question of the place i ate pizza at, since it's the same people making it

tarts are a subset of pies

>Sicily
>pizza
Should of gone to Naples.

>Should of
Should've stayed in school

Should of studied regional dialects.

The nice thing about retards from California thinking their state is the best, or even slightly good at all, is that it encourages them to never leave and infest the rest of the country.

> I can't eat cheese

Why even live? I'd have killed myself already.

How many of you talking shit about New York have actually been there?

Well done steak with ketchup is better than this.

I'm good with the neapolitan master down the street in [town you can't afford].

Not that anyone should want to live here. 74% of the county voted for Shillary and they're building projects next to the cemetery.

its the water

>[town you can't afford]
what town, user.
My parents are looking for a rich town full of liberal fags to move in.

>went to new york once 5 years ago
>asshole about it bc he thinks it makes him a cultured traveller

americans

>sees yankee shitpost
>thinks Americans like New York
>thinks anyone likes big cities

londoners

But I want people to not like NYC. It's a terrible place and no one should ever come here. All the bad stories are true. Escape from New York wasn't fiction it was a documentary. Don't ever come here, it really is a terrible place.

The pinnacle of fine italian cuisine?

Pecan Pie

>not eating Detroit style 'za

It is impossible to find good ny style here in KC. So frustrating

Nice cross-board shitposting /tv/

>thinks everyone is a redneck who gets their news from Breitbart

>nothin' better than this
Fuck as much as i fully enjoy pizza even NYC style stuff, I'm going to have to disagree as tacos do it for me imagine it your favorite snack with multiple fresh sauces to kick it up notch over notch
Srry babe tacos do it for my and in my book nothin else even comes close

I live in New York and I prefer tacos over pizza. These days we have some amazing tacos here in New York.

hurr durr its good when ur drunk B^)

Chicago will put both of your shitty pizzas to shame!

>Same thin crust style on bottom, except put crust on side of pan instead of rolling it into a crust an then deep fry it in a pan so it's covered in oil

>1 inch thick in cheese before melting

no thank you.

Pumpkin?

are you even trying?