en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_cuisine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_cuisine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_cuisine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnamese_cuisine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_cuisine
youtube.com/watch?v=oLt5qSm9U80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why so racist?

Is this b8? There's plenty of foods which are more comfortably eaten with chopsticks and vice versa. It all depends on what you eat.

Name 10 foods that are better eaten with a chopstick than a fork.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_cuisine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_cuisine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_cuisine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnamese_cuisine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_cuisine
Pick 10. Help yourself.

>bad at chopsticks
>make a bait thread on Veeky Forums so people can validate me
fat hands

>rice
>better with chopsticks

I dunno about 10, but I can think of several:

dumplings/potstickers
any sort of stir-fry
noodle soup (ramen, somen, udon, etc)
sushi rolls (the big American-style ones which are cut up into slices; hand rolls and nigiri are beast eaten with the fingers)
shumai

I think that people who hate on chopsticks are simply those people who are inept at using them. That same person would probably bitch about forks if they had grown up using chopsticks. It's a lack of manual dexterity and/or practice.

>using chopsticks
It's cultural appropriation unless you are asian. Use a fork whitey.

You're right. If it's not sticky rice, you should use a spoon. Eating rice with a fork is supid.

Not him, but, olives, noodles, Cheetos, sardines, anchovies, sushi, squid, dumplings, sticky rice, ice, bite size candy bars, soft tofu, etc.

That's not real food sorry. If you want to discuss that go to /jp/

Literally all of the foods you named can be eaten with a fork

Just use your hands or a fork.

>Literally all of the foods you named can be eaten with a fork

I agree. The question wasn't whether or not they can be eaten with a fork. It was what foods were BETTER eaten with chopsticks. You might want to work on your reading comprehension.

>That's not real food
What did he mean by this?

Yeah, I'm sure using dollar store sticks is REALLY going to make your food taste better than stainless steel silverware. Shouldn't you be sharing tasty videos on kikebook faggot?

He's right though fag.
By the way space jin is a meme artist stop posting that image on /jp/. You're the r*ddit cancer that's killing the board.

It wouldn't affect the flavor at all. It's about ease of use, being less likely to make a mess and/or damage the food, etc.

All better eaten with a fork

Holy fucking shit. You delusional faggots will say ANYTHING to defend chopsticks.

This the standard Veeky Forums post. The rest are shilling threads.
Leave now.
This board is not worth it.

>cultural appropriation
>bad

Wow sure is retarded in here

Give it up
Op is a fucking idiot

>staple food is a tiny grain
>hmmm two sticks would be great for this

Typical ignoramus.
Chopsticks are infinitely better for eating certain foods, especially if they are foods from asian countries that primary use chopsticks. Those foods are designed to be eaten with chopsticks, and it's not only insulting but also clumsy to eat those foods with a fork. Makes you look like a dunce.
If you want to eat asian food with a fork or spoon, eat food from one of the asian countries that uses them. Thai food, for example, is primarily eaten with spoons, and sometimes forks, and certain things like noodles are eaten with chopsticks.
Stop promoting your own idiocy.

>OP posts absolute shit tier bottom of the barrel bait
>gets tons of replies anyway
This board is fucking retarded sometimes.

White people cannot cook rice.

This board is slow, full of shitposts and shillposts. Not to mention, the Ramsay's wannabes.
Wonder why they haven't closed this board. It's just another low-quality board like Veeky Forums.

>what is risotto?

Chopsticks would be perfect for eating risotto. Those Asians are really on to something here!

>risotto
Disgusting puke.

>Fork
>Literally just stab your food
>Can ruin foods by puncturing them multiple times
>Brutish and works best for dumb people

>Chopsticks
>Must be able to delicately pick up food items
>Preserves the food item when held
>Can still be used to stab food if necessary
>Elegant and skillful

Anyone who says the fork is superior is just cucked cuz he cant use chopsticks properly

Protip: you can pick things up with a fork without stabbing them

Can we all just agree at least we don't use our hands like Pajeets?

learnt how to use chopsticks because I frequented a good takeaway which had no forks/knives

Fuck grab sticks.

Hard bite sized foods are better eaten using chopsticks.

ya'll wrong. picrelated. spatulas is the only proper eating tool.

>can't use chopsticks
lmaoing at your life user

I'm white and living in Japan and I get offended if they hand me a fork to eat a Japanese meal.

>he want to eat meat in little pieces and never taste a good bite of a big meat

the guy you're replying to is one of those tards who runs around saying nigger nigger gook gook and then whines that people call him a racist just because he's white

>he's not only too dumb to use chopsticks, but apparently doesn't use knives, too

I use this fork for everything I bring it to work

Cheetos.
Everything else is irrelevant.

chinese food somehow taste better when using chopsticks for me

Chopsuey

italian food

me too

>use chopsticks to eat chips
>no longer have to get hands and knuckles stained with grease

if you're good at it it's better than a fork for various things. clearly you just suck at using them

>I get offended if they hand me a fork to eat a Japanese meal.
Don't. They're just trying to be helpful.

Well, I can agree on that. I actually love middle eastern and Indian food, but I can't stand eating with my hands like that. Plus, I'd be stoned to death over there anyway, because I'm left handed.
On the chopstick vs. fork issue, I believe in using whatever utensil is appropriate. I wouldn't eat French or German food with chopsticks, and I don't eat Japanese or Chinese food with forks. And with Thai food, I mainly end up using a spoon, since it's considered the least offensive and is useful for a lot of Thai dishes (but they also use forks and chopsticks for some dishes as well, this also applies to Burmese).

What if your Asian at an American restaurant and they give you chopsticks?

Like scooping it like a spoon? How redundant!

I wouldn't mind it either, provided the person took me for an outsider.

She was having dinner with my snow-white ass at the time. I found it really racist and hilarious.

>chopsticks mimic fingers, pinching things together to move things around
>this is dumb
can you even use chopsticks or are you just butthurt

>Using utensils at all

>not using solid gold utensils

Salad is easier to eat with chop sticks.

>Samefagging in a desperate attempt to make people believe eating cheetos with chopsticks is normal

kek

Nah

Found the faggot that doesn't have the motor skills to use chop-sticks

>Eating cheetos with chopsticks isn't normal
You mean I've been doing it wrong this whole time?

Only objectively correct answers. Otherwise fork is superior.

For salad, it depends on the salad.

I don't mind chopsticks except it makes no sense to eat rice with it. So difficult

>cultural appropriation
Culture is meant to be shared you incompetent limp dicked Neanderthal
you are literally using a website that is based off an originally Japanese idea. Maybe it would be better if we all stopped perpetuating the appropriation of their culture and lived in a box without forks or chopsticks forever

>2015+2
>not using a funnel
kill yourself my famalam.

OPs asshole.

Dumplings fucking maybe, I would just pick one up with my fingers like a dirty savage though.

all these soups. hmmmm really makes you ponder.

Ever try eating a Xiaolong bao with a fork? It just pokes holes and all the soup leaks out.

There is actually a surprising amount of people who do it.
People don't want them cheese fingers.

So black people aren't allowed to use any utensils?

>tfw
youtube.com/watch?v=oLt5qSm9U80

>Ever try eating a Xiaolong bao with a fork?
1. Slide fork underneath
2. Lift food
You don't have to stab everything just cause forks have stabbers

Chopsticks were traditionally used because it was considered barbaric in ancient China to have knives or other sharp objects in a dining setting. Everything served would already be in a small enough piece so that one would have no need to cut anything, and just pick up with a pair of chopsticks.

overcooked rice

>sometimes
If only

You can literally scoop sticky rice up like mashed potatoes using a fork. I can't imagine how you could make it easier using chopsticks.

duh that's why they use their hands in ethiopia

>damage the food
So you think piercing an olive with one small hole is going to damage its texture in any significant way?

An olive? Nope, I don't see an issue there.

A delicate dumpling? That's a different story.

Webb pls go

I like chopsticks because they force you to eat your food one piece at a time, which makes the meal longer and more satisfying.

One Japanese place I go to doesn't even stock forks. They're takeout only though so baka americans can just use their own.

>I like chopsticks because they force you to eat your food one piece at a time, which makes the meal longer and more satisfying.

>He doesn't know how to use chopsticks to eat like a fat fuck

You want one of these, OP ?

when i cook omelettes and similar stuff i use chopsticks instead of a fork to spare the coating of the nonstick pan.

people may think im memeing but i found that they outplay the classic fork by far as they allow to shake the pan and grab food simultaneously. also in general its unfavorable to poke holes in food while cooking.