Waiters that argue with you

I've had two instances of a waiter or cook arguing with me and both times they've conceded.

Once at First Watch when my eggs were steamed and the egg whites were very clearly undercooked and snotty and the chef very clearly covered it with cilantro in the hopes that I wouldn't notice. The waiter said the eggs were fine and he didn't see anything wrong with them but returned later with properly cooked eggs and apologized.

This morning I was at Einstein's bagels and the smear looked and tasted nothing like maple, and one of the people in the back that I talked to said that it was maple and there were chunks of maple in it? After tasting it and looking at their list of smears, it was obviously honey and almond. When he remade it the smear had no "chunks of maple" and was clearly browner than what was originally served and he apologized.

I just don't understand the point of arguing with a customer about their food. What does the server or cook have to gain? Corporate expects not all food to come out perfectly, it's not like it comes out of their pocket. Have any of you had an experience with a waiter that argued with you and tried to tell you your food was fine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?list=PLNQKOavG1aSwMKZitdwIBeEKiKYtrnFFP&v=P4SwzwF3Rxk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

oh boy you sure showed them

I just want what I paid for

And then the train stood up and started clapping, right?

After reading your story, I am not convinced that these people actually argued with you, or were confrontational in any way.

I think you have gigantic ego and weren't loved enough, or were loved too much, as a child - resulting in your need for attention. As well, your father may have done a lot of things for you, which is why you feel the need to "win" at petty bullshit with strangers that no one gives a shit about.

This is the way I bet that bagel thing really went down.

>fag_ops: hey, are there supposed to be chinks of maple in my cream cheese based bagel topping?
>kitchen staff: no, sorry, i'm a retard who has only been able to rise to the position of retarded bagel shmere applicator
>fag_ops: that's right buddy, i'm the better man

how much of a fucking pansy do you have to be to not just power through a slightly runny egg, or enjoy a honey almond bagel? you have to be such a fucking faggot that you have to go on an anonymous image sharing board and brag about how you got them to "concede?"

Concede is what all restaurants will do. the customer is always right.

come back here and tell us when you actually win at life. this is just day to day pettiness that the rest of us deal with in stride. Your cataloging of your pathetic struggle makes it all that more pathetic.

0/10

t. unicorns

Not that I recall.. however

>Work in shitty pizza place as driver in college
>In-store people are all fuck-ups
>They fuck-up some guy's order
>He calls and complains
>Stupid cunt manager is a cunt and argues with him over the phone about it
>Makes him the correct pizza but then tells him that he has to return the other pizza???
>I have to drive over there and deliver the new pizza
>Customer is understandably pissed off and ready to argue with me about it
>"Why the fuck do you need the old pizza? Are you going to resell it or something?"
>Tell him I'm sorry, and that I have no freaking idea why she wants the pizza
>He calms down and realizes I'm just a driver and my manager is retarded
>Tell him the hours to call when the owner will be there so he can complain about her

Low-paying service jobs are often filled with stupid cunts who pull stupid cunt stunts.

you must not deal with people a lot. They get defensive and react emotionally when you criticize them.

Neither of those sound like arguing. Have you ever had an actual argument with someone?

t. this

That was so shitty of your manager from a business perspective, that guy is probably never going to go back there.

To everyone else that thinks I'm a terrible person for wanting to get what I paid for, just because you are cucked into eating raw food doesn't mean that everyone else is. I rarely ever complain about food at restaurants, those two instances were the only two times this year I have sent food back and I eat out a lot. If it's a fast food place or a pizza place I won't really care, but if I'm paying $5 for a bagel and coffee or $12 for eggs and toast of my hard earned money, I'm going to get what I paid for.

Nah dude, I agree with you on getting what you asked for and have food properly cooked (if you work in a restaurant you should know how to not fuck up an egg). However neither of these are noteworthy, interesting moments in your life and it's amazing that you thought bringing them to our attention was supposed to impress us. You didn't argue with these people; these are hardly even spats.

And $12 for eggs and toast is a ripoff and you're an idiot for paying that.

I was hoping other people would post horrifying shit that happened to them in restaurants, my experience served as the context for why I was posing the question.

>being so petty and poor that you complain about food and then us the price as a way to validate how important tho petty shit is to you

You sound like a gigantic loser

if your money is hard earned why are you paying 12 dollars for egg and toast

t. absolutely furious waiter

Way to go faggot nobody gives a shit.

How much of a fucking pansy do you have to be to carry plates for a living?

>Shut up and eat the slimey uncooked egg, faggot.

You obviously wouldn't have a problem gulping down huge amounts of thick viscous liquids but 6,999,999,999 people haven't had a glory hole named after them.

>chinks of maple
That's an offensive name user. What did Chinese Canadians ever do to you?

example of poor customer service

youtube.com/watch?list=PLNQKOavG1aSwMKZitdwIBeEKiKYtrnFFP&v=P4SwzwF3Rxk

American mid tier restaurants needs to get rid of waiters.

Applebees, TGI Fridays, Olive Garden can all fire their useless waiters and replace them with automated ordering.

You only really want your ass kissed at a place like Ruth Cris', House of Prime Rib level place.

Casual restaurant waiters are the most useless of all professions.

Underrated.