Times restaurants have 'taken the piss'

Times restaurants have 'taken the piss'.

>milk is for cereal

>put single piece of cereal in bowl
>apply milk
>drink from the bowl

hey yuck

in this case, they offer breakfast (so I assume it's some sort of hotel), and leave a bottle of milk at disposition for the cereals. But people being people, they probably noticed people just went there even if they didn't get the formula with the free breakfast, and just emptied the milk for themselves.

No.

How in the mind of a bong does drinking a glass of milk = "taking the piss"?

Why can't the English speak proper English? He probably wanted to put it in his tea anyways; disgusting.

Selling glasses of milk at a 500% markup. That's a perfectly reasonable example of taking the piss.

>$1.50 for a glass of milk is a 500% mark up

Go to sleep grandpa, you're dead.

Also, have you ever done food costs? 300% is standard for food and 500% is perfectly reasonable for drinks, especially at a fucking hotel restaurant.

>$1.55 for a glass of milk

Nigga I'll just buy my own damn jug, fuck.

>cereal + milk = $0.00
>milk = $1.55
>therefore if you ask for cereal alone you should receive $1.55

Explain this americapitalists

Just because it's standard doesn't mean it isn't bullshit

>"Breakfast is free"
>literally says right there on the sign a glass of milk is $1.55

>300% is standard for food and 500% is perfectly reasonable for drinks, especially at a fucking hotel restaurant.
And that's why this industry deserves to die.

>How to spot a black person

>i buy all my other shit in pieces wholesale directly from the factories in china where it's manufactured and put it together myself
>all intermediary industries that make a profit on the raw materials are bullshit and deserve to die!

It's milk, not IKEA furniture
They buy it
They sell it

In general, yes, the middleman is at best a necessary evil and by its nature is trying to screw you out of money you don't owe him. Willingly defending his existence as a consumer is outright stupid.

>they buy it, they sell it

It's a restaurant, dum dum. If you don't understand what service they provide you should just stay in your basement.

I've actually done this with electronic and mechanical parts for certain robotics projects.

Don't do it, absolute pain in the ass.

No, it's a hotel breakfast bar, but whatever, indulge me
What part of providing me with 20 cents worth of milk merits charging 155 cents for it?

Milk is for the stupid weak WHITE man

no user, he just isn't a cuck

That's a dollar less than a shitty place like Denny's would charge. Complaining about it and getting worked up is pretty petty.

>t. Gook

>denny's
>comparable to a "Free breakfast" in a hotel lobby

Um, yeah, pretty much.

More like 25-30%MAX should be your food cost

Refer to

>arguing about cost
>FREE doesn't change the context in any way

How the fuck do you even function in society?

That's your food cost. When you price out a dish you raise the food cost to 100% to cover the rest of your costs/profits. Hence a 30% food cost = a 300% markup.

And that's why restaurants have to charge you $1.55 for a glass of milk if they want to make a profit.

What are you guys even arguing about? Of course places have the right to charge whatever they like, plenty of places (I would even say most) don't do the bullshit in OPs pic and many are reasonably priced. You just eat at those ones. There's nothing superior about not caring that you're getting gypped. And likewise, let losers who want to blow money on milk at breakfast waste their shit.

>implying I don't live frugally and make most of the stuff I need myself
And yeah, I got my computer directly from the factory.

Just be balls out about it, put the cereal piece in a glass.

>hotel breakfast bar
>has to charge $1.55 to make a profit

There's a reason most people just grab a handful of muffins at those things and hit the road

I don't understand this meme, black people eat tons of dairy and drinks tons of milk, why do you think they go though puberty so early? 12 year old black girls with huge tits/asses...most americans consume lots of milk regardless of skin color.

lactose intolerance is much more prevalent among those of African descent.

the breakfast is free if you paid for a night that isn't free.

Okay you fucks, this whole thread is pissing me off.
They are offering free breakfast, it's free.
They KNOW that some chucklehead fuck would try and empty the milk for themselves and leave everyone with dry cereal.
So why is it so bad to put an exuberant price on there to dissuade people from just drinking whole glasses of milk for free?
It probably would of been better for them to just mention that the milk is only for cereal and to ask people nicely not to drink just the milk, but you know people out there aren't gonna listen unless it's actually considered stealing.
Fucking trolls.

I've literally never encountered a hotel on the planet that didn't offer milk with breakfast, as in for drinking. The only reason they have to make such an arbitrary rule to discourage "theft" is because they're doing a stupid and counter-intuitive thing that nobody else does.

>They KNOW that some chucklehead fuck would try and empty the milk for themselves and leave everyone with dry cereal.

There's literally no reason they couldn't do that with a cereal bowl

They offer free breakfast
Milk is widely accepted as breakfast beverage.
I consume milk for breakfast.
Therefore the milk should be free.

>would of
You had a point up to here but now I can't be fucking bothered with the rest. Illiterate mongoloid shit-stain. Go learn Egnrish first and we'll talk after.

It is up to them what they choose to offer. Your opinion of it is irrelevant.

>I'll have a bowl of cereal with milk. Hold the cereal, please.

Bwahaha! Now I do't have to pay, faggot.

i'm a fucking expert at cleaning out hotel breakfast bars. i'll get 20 muffins, a big stack of pancakes, bread, a pile of jelly and peanut butter packets, zipperbags of cereal, tupperwares of eggs and sausage. i'm like genghis khan rampaging through the mariott.

oh yeah? i'll slap their shit in if they have a problem with it.

I never in all my life has understood why people put milk on something like cereal. Its fucking gross. cereal becomes bovine brine breakfast soup. how do people stand it?

I do the same thing but feel bad if there are other people

i know man, i just want to kill myself because THERE'S FUCKING INTESTINES INSIDE ME

glare at them so they feel bad instead of you.

Autismo detected.

you're an idiot. it is 500% marked up. 16 8 oz;'s to a galon of milk, even assuming the cheap hotel is serving milk that is 4 dolars a gallon it's fucking 600% more.

>pour milk in glass
>wave cheerio over the glass
>less than a nanogram of cheerio falls in
>tell that you like your cereal extra strong
>server complains
>tell server that your religion requires homeopathic cereal
easy peasy one two threesie

you mean extra weak? strength of cereal is it's dryness.

You have to pay for breakfast in europe?

What's you're point exactly? That the exact percentage of the markup is slightly different? who cares?

Point is that the price they're asking for a glass of milk is perfectly in line with what other restaurants charge.

If you think the % is horrible then god forbid you look into what McDonald's charges for a soda....

By not sperging out when a restaurant charges a buck fifty for a glass of milk.

>That's a dollar less than a shitty place like Denny's would charge.
you think a glass of milk at dennys is $2.55?
>300-500%
a hotel isn't paying more than a dollar for a gallon of milk unless it's the motel 6 out by the interstate with only 40 rooms.

>exuberant price
fukken lol

15 year old me would take all the milk anyway because i'd also eat all the cereal

this rule is mad dumb

Yes, so the less you add the drier it is.

You may not like it but this is what functional strength looks like.

What is stopping people from just drinking it from a bowl?

Holy shit this thread is stupid.

Most people would rather pay a buck fifty for a glass and not look like an autist.

Sometimes I swear people on this board have never eaten out in their lives.

cereal is for dog

But cereal is for kill doggo!

drinking milk in public is weird. I'll chug a gallon at home and have a glass for every meal but never in public

$1.55 for 1 glass? That's crazy. You can buy a gallon for that.

Is that Fart Rippetoot? The creator of Sharting Strength?

Do adults still eat cereal, let alone drink the dairy jew?

>i'm like genghis khan rampaging through the mariott

I work at a Marriott and because of fucko's like you they're going to be adding the Bistro to more hotels. That is, NO MORE free breakfast. Right now Courtyard is the only brand that has the Bistro, short order paid for breakfast, but they're going to be expanding the program to other brands in order to cut costs.

Fuck you explaining to fucking churls why they gotta pay for breakfast and coffee every fucking day is insufferable.

>"restaurant"
>hotel lobby breakfast bar

You are being intentionally thick

THICC
T
H
I
C
C

>go somewhere
>get a soda
>Ask for no ice
>they try to charge double for the soda

I never understood that saying, just makes british people sound kinda dumb

Really? I never had this problem and I always order no ice because I don't enjoy getting 25 cents worth of soda and $1.45 worth of ice.

calm down harambe

>be me
>in college
>ask out track runner qt3.14
>we git sum dinner
>head to upstairs jazz bar second location known for dessert
>survey dessert offerings on display
>return to table
>"we'll have the ultra quadruple choco fucking genocidal fudge cake pls, and two glasses of whole milk"
>a hush falls over the crowd
>a record player scratches as the needle falls out of the fucking groove
>old waiter leans in to set the ol' college boy straight
>"sir, this isn't really a 'milk' sort-of establishment

>mfw

fuck me if i'm ever gonna eat a piece of chocolate fudge cake without a god damn glass of ice cold WHOLE MILK.

I asked the man if they served coffee and allowed people to put milk in their coffee. He said they did. I explained that I cannot eat choco nuclear holocaust cake without milk. He said that he suddenly understood the problem at hand and would see what he could do.

He later arrived with choco fucking end-of-days fudge ripple death on a plate cake and two fucking glasses of milk.

I then proceeded to teach my date how to drive stick shift on the top of a parking lot and got laid in the back of a mustang. Shit was cash.

The sign never says it's free, the guy tweeting it could be wrong.

>$1.55 for a glass of milk
What the actual fuck?

I'd just ask for a refund then since clearly when they advertised free breakfast with the room they failed to mention this arbitrary and honestly pointless restriction.

>I spent 10 minutes total taking your order, refilling a couple drinks, and bothering you about whether the food taste good
>I deserve atleast a 5 buck tip for this

Spot the entitled fucker with no skills

$1.55 per glass? Do I at least get chocolate?

Okay, to the non English speakers:

The joke here is that you can eat ANYTHING for breakfast for FREE, but woe betide you if you decide to drink a glass of milk.

It's not bitching about price, it's the irony of the breakfast costing significantly more than the milk in the first place.

appreciating the irony of this post

>Get some cereal with milk
>Drink the milk
>Don't eat the cereal
Honestly they didn't think this through at all

I went to an Armenian place that offered buffette option, top of the notch place and saw a group of 8 old ladies order the buffette and walk up to the cold food bar bringing their glasses with them and serve cold soup right into the glasses to drink with their meals so they didn't have to order any drinks
I mean they can get unlimited soup since it's part of the thing but there were clearly bowls there for the soup and it was kind of disgusting

I regret this thread.

*drinks cereal*

... It's fucking milk, that they give away for free anyway.

Now listen here Fucktard. This is how a restaurant is supposed to work. A chef assembles the freshest ingredients and he Skillfully combines them into something fucking magical. He doesn't just buy a bottle of milk and pour it into a glass for you, you can't mark up 500% for me having poured it into the glass. If you're going to charge that much for drinks you better have a stunning fucking atmosphere, gorgeously assembled food, and wait staff that cater to every aspect of your dining experience. Not a fucking cereal bar where I get to choose between cornflakes and fucking rice crispies.

Go to sleep, Chilton. Not everyone sleeps in the barn with their cows and goats.

which movie is this from?

Why not just have two separate jugs of milk? One for drinking and one for cereal? And isn't more milk used in cereal than drinking a glass of milk?
This is pretty silly.

Not a native speaker, but that guy doesn't know shit about bovine anatomy.

Whenever I'm done eating a bowl of cereal I always just dump the milk down the sink because I don't like the taste of milk by itself. I can't be the only one who does this.