This is my first time cooking from scratch. Could you guys critique it?

This is my first time cooking from scratch. Could you guys critique it?

It's Pizza Rolls w/ a ketchup sauce and alfredo drizzle sprinkled with dill

Composition
3/10, ranch dressing is a good pairing but cheap marinara would have been better than ketchup. You overcooked your pizza rolls and caused them to burst open. What kind are they, actually?

Presentation
6/10, plated in such a way that actually makes it look quite appetizing. Your ketchup is separated however, so you clearly didn't give it a good shake up before plating. You were also overzealous with the dill. Less is more.

Pretty good... I'd try for a more consistent drizzle with the ketchup, though

Thanks for your advice. I used Totinos Pizza Rolls.

I may do another batch in a little while using your suggestions and post an update :)

You're supposed to squirt the first bit of ketchup onto your palm so the first plated squirts aren't liquidy

Note: not a damn thing on that plate is "from scratch". Is this a joke?

>from scratch
I don't think that means what you think it means...

pepperoni? combination? cheese?

Combination

>Note: not a damn thing on that plate is "from scratch". Is this a joke?

fuck you, this is why people hate ck. It is from scractch because I cooked and plated it you dumb shit

That's not what from scratch means

That is not what "from scratch" means. Make the pizza rolls out of flour and water and cheese and meat. Then you can use that term. However, it's a well plated pre-prepared dish. Good on you

Putting the rolls in the sauce/putting sauce on the rolls -avoid this. The longer it sits, the soggier the rolls can get.
Garnishes, classically, should be ingredients that are in the main dish already. Just something to consider.

OP here.....the replies have been surprisingly constructive and not mean......especially for an obvious troll bait shistpost

what's goign on? Did I switch timeliens?

7/10 i chortled creative shitpost good plating and nice dubs

Looks like an Alien jerked off over some used tampons.

> gross/10 OP

We like food. We like food food. We want you to like good food, too. Teaching is the best way to see good food. There's no altruism here faggot, we just wanna see something good. You're on your way. Keep going

I have to say I was skeptical at first but I just made this and I have to say, delicious. You're a good chef but quite honestly my recommendation is work on the presentation. Perhaps instead of a drizzle around the plate put little dollops of ketchup, ranch and sour cream and instead of dill which is sort of all over the place, just use a leaf to basil right in the middle. Pizza+basil = classic combo and you will actually be reinventing the classic pizza marghetta.

I just popped in to say I am a big fan of this troll thread, no sarcasm.

Good work.

way too much dill

honestly looks better than 90% of the shit posted on here on a daily basis

I do what I can