Why didn't sporks catch on?

*holds up spork*

Other urls found in this thread:

georgettes.fr/boutique.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because they take two functional utensils and combine them to make them both non-functional.

Not as good at being a fork as a fork is and not as good at being a spoon as a spoon is.

>Hey, do you want a shitty fork combined with a spoon you'll accidentally stab your mouth with?

It's still good enough to hold meat still to cut it
It's also still good enough to pick up just about anything a fork would
You can still use knife and spork as the "pan and shovel" in the same way that knife and fork are traditionally used

I don't see why it's any worse than a regular fork

How ya gonna eat your spaghetti, you fucking communist?

>I don't see why it's any worse than a regular fork
The tines are shorter. It's harder to securely spear some foods.

This. Fuck sporks.

Serious answer?

Because it's a shit fork and a shit spoon.

That's it. That's why. I can't even see this being a concession even for the most turbo-tarded of "ultra-light-weight" campers because if you want to be frustrated that you can't eat your food you can save < a gram and just not take the damn utensil. Or gain less than

Dude.

I can't eat an inch thick steak with that. It won't skewer the meat deeply enough.

I can't eat spaghetti with it, it won't hold enough pasta between the prongs.

As a fork, it makes an okay spoon.

Multi-functional utensils are generally designed for traveling, not for everyday use.

Sporks didn't catch on because:
>not everyone goes camping
>not everyone joins the military
>airport security doesn't like it when passengers bring sharp objects (although some airports are more lenient)
>the resulting inconvenience from carrying two utensils instead of one is negligible

It's a futon for food
>sucks as a bed
>sucks as a couch

They have caught on, at least in the 'individual portion of salad with included disposable utensil' sector of the market.

>I don't see why it's any worse than a regular fork
Can't use it like a knife to eat with one hand while holding a cigarette/phone in the other.

>Can't use it like a knife to eat with one hand

But you're not supposed to use a fork like that, fucktard. Put your toys and drugs away and use both hands to eat. When you're done eating you can go back to your toys and drugs.

>But you're not supposed to use a fork like that
So why does half of america do it?
Why do TV chefs do it?
Why are you so triggered by the mere implication of bad table manners?

I eat like a normal person with knife and fork, but it's why sporks never caught on.

Yall niggas need a georgette.
georgettes.fr/boutique.html

alright so we've all agreed sporks are for faggots.

Now what about the knork?

the only real answer to the lightweight utensil problem is chopsticks

Opinion on the splayd

Sporks are great for camping, or keeping at work for meals. Nothing else

Katy I will cut your fucking throat with a spork and then sodomize you with the spork end of your spork.

skyrim belongs to the knorks

What a great way to stab yourself in the mouth. This is the most innovative goth device since the arm-shaver.

that ain't the spife

Why should I put away my toys?

My sporks are bullshit. You can't soup with them, and the tines are too stubby and wide to really pierce anything, it kind of cleaves it

>Sucks as a couch

You shut your lying mouth

They're great for semi-solids like pretty much anything that comes in a can.

It's pretty much shit for liquids or solids.

>sucks as a couch

who hurt you, user?

>wanna know how I got these scars?

I want all these just for the novelty of owning way more utensils than necessary. Also I'd want tost for them two have chopsticks for handles because why the duck not?

Oh and throw some can opener/bottle openers just for a further affront to God. Maybe call it a splayttler opener featuring the can destroyer and friends.

lets also make it steam powered so it can play mp3s

Shut yor mouth katy

This guy

Why didn't crevattes take off?

*Holds up crevatte*

*cravat

my futon