How do you make iced coffee?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KnL-kmGGLjQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Put coffe
put ice

dont you need to "cold brew" the coffee though

wtf is that

My hotel brews coffee and puts it in a caraffe and puts it in the walk in over night but yeah

Iced coffee is literally day old coffee

No cold brew is a seperate item. Cold brewed coffee is basically coffee treated like tea, it's steeped in cold water for 24 hrs then filtered. My hotel uses a toddy so we don't have to filter out the coffee granules.

You brew extra strength coffee to compensate for the ice that melts when you add the ice to the hot coffee.

no thats something else

I have one of those espresso machines like pic related

Should I just brew it extra strong, wait for it to cool, and then literally add ice to it?

No, you want to cool it down while it's still hot. Letting coffee sit around makes the oils go stale, which is why you want to brew it extra strong and use it immediately: a bunch of the ice is going to melt.

The guy who said iced coffee is day old coffee doesn't know what he's talking about. Just look up ratios to use for making however many cups you want to make.

alright thanks for the advice. I think I'm just gonna do what this guy did and see if it comes out good

youtube.com/watch?v=KnL-kmGGLjQ

cold brew or pour cold or hot coffee over ice

W A L A
A
L
A

related question

can you make instant coffee with cold water?

>brew it extra strong and use it immediately: a bunch of the ice is going to melt.
This, brew it a little bit stronger if you will be icing it down right away.
If you drink it black, you're done.
If you like it creamy, you have to account for it being diluted further, so maybe even stronger brew, or you cool your brew in the fridge.

Cold brew coffee lends itself well to making iced coffee....it's already cold. But, also, a smooth light taste is great, so cold brew is favored.

freeze coffee in an ice cube tray if you're going to be triggered by dilution

this, also if you're worried about it getting too weak, you can freeze coffee in ice cube trays and use that instead of ice cubes.

I just make coffee milk:
>boil a cup or so of water
>add sugar to boiling water (about 2x as much sugar as water)
>add best-tasting instant coffee you can find (can also use strong black coffee but syrup will be thinner)
>if you don't want it super sweet/don't want diabeetus, add even more instant coffee so you don't need as much syrup to get coffee taste
>let cool
>add to cold milk like it's chocolate syrup
>store extra syrup in the fridge

because of the sugar, I'd consider it analogous to chocolate milk - more of an occasional treat than a regular thing. but it's better than those starbucks bottled coffee things and you can tweak it to your liking.

This guys dad must be so fucking proud.

I let left over coffee sit in my frige overnight all the time and drink it the next day. It's fine. It's fucking delicious.

I roast my own beans and I cold brew too. Simple drip machines like Mr. Coffees are not the end of the world. There isn't 1 perfect way to make coffee.

People should try a bunch of different stuff and see what they like.

I think that drinking left over coffee cold the next day with a little extra cream and sugar is better than tossing it out and making fresh the next day. That's just wasteful.

But OP.

COLD BREW. Ice coffee is best made with COLD BREWED coffee. The two things are different. But once you go cold brew you won't don't go back.

just steep some ground in some water 1:8 ratio by weight in the fridge for 24 hours and filter through a coffee strainer placed in a wire mesh strainer... or use a french press. this yeilds a superior cup of cold coffee.

>freeze coffee in an ice cube tray if you're going to be triggered by dilution

YES

I do not believe you can

>But once you go cold brew you won't don't go back.

maybe I'm a pleb but I can't taste the difference between iced coffee made with cold brew, and iced cofee made with fresh hot espresso

I don't. It's a meme drink

>maybe I'm a pleb

I want to just go ahead and say that you are certainly a rubber tongued pleb. - but i also want to give you the benefit of the doubt and suggest that there are lots of variables and perhaps the coffee beans used for the cold brew were not as good as the ones used for an espresso shot. or perhaps the espresso iced coffee was augmented with chocolate.

cold brew often has a deeper and more chocolatey taste and is of course less acidic. if you cut any drink with enough half and half or cream it will lose its acidity though, so there are lots of ways that different places might have served your drinks so that you didn't notice the difference as much.

There is a huge difference though. Some places use crap tier beans for their cold brew because the resulting drink is so much better anyway. I don't do this. I still by single origin beans and roast them myself, then age them for about a week to let them mellow before cold brewing. This makes a cup of coffee that is so much better it is not just noticeable - it is mind blowing.