"Hangry" people

Can someone please explain "hangry" people to me? Nothing drives me up a wall more. How can you think it's acceptable to act like a grumpy awful shithead if you've gone a couple hours without food? If you have blood sugar issues or something, carry some snacks with you to make sure you don't have to worry.

I had to deal with someone completely throwing a tantrum in our group today because it had been a whopping THREE HOURS since our late breakfast and we weren't all sitting down for lunch. We were doing other shit and our early dinner plans weren't that far away, but you'd think we were on a fucking death march.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycemic_index
youtu.be/nMstHqyBBAo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have never heard of this. Maybe you just hang out with shitty people?

"Hangry" is a millenial term to justify their peter pan syndrome and continue acting like a child and making a funny "meme" about it.

This.

I hear it all the time, at work too. It's basically like the new "don't talk to me until I've had my coffee."

Sometimes people don't realize it's happening until they're told they're acting shitty. I know I sometimes don't but I've started carrying granola bars since it was raised as an issue. I've noticed a general upward trend in happiness since. Some folks just can't see themselves without help.

Low blood sugar, like alcohol intoxication, merely amplifies existing negative personality traits. That person is an asshole with a thin veneer of social grace.

>millenial term
I'll give you the fact that I've only heard millenials use the word. Having said that, the only people who I've seen actually act that way have been boomers, so take that as you will.

they may not have medically diagnosed blood sugar issues but they probably have too much sugar/carbs in their diet and it's causing their blood sugar to go up and down more drastically than it should. a higher-fiber diet would probably help.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycemic_index

also this

You're not the kind of person that bothers me. It's the kind of person that acknowledges that they get "hangry," and refuse to do anything about it, all the while warning people that if they don't get fed, they're going to start acting like an asshole, like there's ever an excuse to act like an asshole.

I'm the opposite of hangry. I'm a fatass so I get hungry all the time, and I also have a temper shorter than my penis, but when it comes to food I'm a saint. I once sat at a Popeye's for 15 minutes just to get my food, and then another 5 when they were scanning my card. Despite being hungry as hell, I never lost my patience until afterwards when I realized they very well could've been stealing my card info(black staff and all). I think I just learned at a young age that you should never, ever be rude to the people who are making your food, regardless of the circumstances.

Some people have a high metabolic process and need to be taking in food energy more consistently to maintain the balance of their digestion and hormone levels.

Some people aren't whiny cunts and can get by on two tins of lager, a packet of crisps, and half a sarnie out the bin.

The word for that is "asshole". An asshole with whom you should minimize contact.

I learned young there are two types of people one should never fuck with: those who control your food and those who control what is jammed in you. Dont fuck with foodservice and don't fuck with nurses

My wife is a millennial who uses this term. It basically means I have to cook her five meals a day which is terrible for my diet since I am accustomed to eating two or at most three meals a day.

Sometimes I'm not able to eat due to certain situations and it makes me irritable. I still try not to be an ass about it though, even if my stomach is screaming.

I know I get pissy if I don't eat but I already barely eat more than one meal a day, people who "need" to eat every couple hours even if they aren't doing anything are annoying

My wife is also a millennial that I have to keep well fed.

But she does yoga and runs around all day so she's got a rockin bod and if I have to put up with the occasional night of bean farts to keep smashing incredible ass that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Her body is good it's mine that suffers from cooking so often.

What are you cooking? Entire sides of beef? Is your girlfriend a T. Rex?

They'll eat it raw you know.

What's it like to fuck a T. Rex?

you don't have to eat every single thing you cook you fatty

OP here, I think this is where my pure hatred for the term "hangry" came from. My girlfriend was 23 or whatever and would be like "woo boy you don't want to see me get hangry!"

...We'd be talking on Facebook at work and she'd be like "yeah had a breakfast sandwich and some fruit for breakfast," then at 10 would be like "snack time, gotta have my cheese and crackers," then at 12, "lunch, sandwich and soup and a soda," then at 2, "snack time! just some healthy fruit and veggies and maybe some chips," then she'd be leaving work at 5 or so and would be like "oh man be ready we HAVE to go to dinner as soon as I get to your house, I am STARVING. You don't want to see me hangry!"

...And I'm like "what the fuck, I've had three cups of black coffee today and could still go without dinner for a few hours."

Of course, part of why I dumped her is because she was packing on the lbs, but whatever.

Jesus, I've never seen anyone self-apply the term, nor have I ever heard it used to explain away bad behavior. I wouldn't put up with that garbage.

Yeah well happily I've developed a few easy dishes she likes that I don't.

They're pretty much straight meat dishes yes. She's like a 100 pound t.rex meanwhile I'm more like a gorilla - mostly herbivorous.

Now I'm imagining svelte-Godzilla fucking King Kong with a strap-on made of donair.

are you sure this is a woman and not a tazmanian devil?

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh
>ffffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyfattyfattyfattyfattyfatty?
Notverynnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccceeeeeeeee /thingtosay/
I hopehopehuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh thebest ffffffooooorrrrrrrrrrrYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOU iiiiiiiinnnnnnn thefuture
>SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Captain Martin, what are you doing here?

definitely not invading sicily or anything

Why are so many men so pussy-whipped these days?

estrogen in the drinking water

>Why are so many men so pussy-whipped these days?
>these days

Get a grip, brotha. We been slaves to the snatch since we come out.

Mate

I work with teenagers all the time as a teacher, and I get the "hangry" thing with that age group. They are hungry all the time since they're at the age that they're rapidly growing, and due to hormonal changes the combination of the two can cause a huge influx of emotions that can make it difficult to control. Usually with this age group, you just give them snacks and they learn to control their temperaments, or you just let them snack on the stuff they brought from home in class and they're fine. If they get grumpy, whatever, they're children still, and at that awkward stage in life.

However, if an adult is claiming that they are "hangry" then they can fuck right off. Once you get past the puberty years of your teenage youth you should begin to control your emotions a bit better in relations to your varied bodily discomforts such as hunger. People get uncomfortable when they're hungry, and I can understand if you get pissy if you go multiple days in a row where you had stave off hunger, but if it's a once in a while type of thing, learn to deal with that shit.

A sensible man teaches american children, how do the children still come out of school knowing nothing?
I know it wasn't you, you're a sensible man, who else in your faculty lets the kids go home and still be fucking retarded?
Is this mandated curriculum's fault?

I once told a nurse like I tell all nurses that if they stick a needle in me to let me know because I'm fine with having needles inserted in me, but I need to look away, or else I'm going to react to it and accidentally flop my arm. Only one nurse fucked up and got pissed off when my arm spasmed and tore my vein because she thought I was being a baby.

Like seriously, all I asked for was a heads up so I could turn my head away.

Wow what a weak ass baby bitch.

Actually you continue to develop until your 25 or so which just further proves my theory everyone under 30 should shut the fuck up (and everyone over 50 should fuck off)

I work in a red state with no union support and I never worry about my job because of how well I serve the children. When they exit my classroom, they are ready to be educated citizens, able to serve their community.
Unfortunately, half my colleagues are incompetent, and the worse part is they don't realize they're incompetent. It has nothing to do with curriculum.

I don't disagree, but the difficulty (I won't say lack of as we all go through it) of emotional control at the age I deal with makes the issue more prevalent. Even if you develop until 25, you should have a mastery of taking care of your own needs by that age. Don't make other people deal with that shit.

Fuck off shitheads.

t. 15 year old

Dude, you think that's bad? Try working on a cat farm. They never stop meowing. Sometimes they get so mad that they jump over the fence and scratch me when I'm feeding the chickens.

I've gotten better at controlling it now that I'm older, but when I happen to be in a situation where I'm forced to stay hungry and tired, I become Lord of Assholes. Everything becomes 100x more annoying and my patience for people goes away. If I'm just tired or hungry, I'm fine.

hangry is a real thing for adults with diabetes

I know that I personally get irritable if I've been hungry for a while. Never much more than people who say they haven't had their coffee or haven't had their morning cigarette. I'm also pretty much half-dead until about 30-40 minutes after breakfast. Never used the term "hangry" before.

Yup. Just like PMS.

i almost died laughing at this. wtf is a cat farm?
please tell a story.

We hongry
youtu.be/nMstHqyBBAo

>Can someone please explain "tourette's" people to me? Nothing drives me up a wall more. How can you think it's acceptable to curse like a grumpy awful shithead if you've gone a couple hours without an episode? If you have impulse issues or something, carry a ball gag with you to make sure you don't have to worry.

Maybe they're trying their best? Sorry your feelings got hurt.

I don't think I have any disease, but I know if I go the better part of the day without snacking or eating a decent sized lunch, I will feel like absolute death and it will degenerate into massive headaches in short order. So I have to have three meals and at least two snacks or I can't function.

>inb4 fat
Borderline anorexic. When I didn't snack on something between meals I'd have fainting spells. I became "that guy" who fainted in class at my computer because I skipped breakfast one morning.

>when I get hungry, i relax and wait, knowing I can find an inexpensive meal soon or make something when I get home
>when my family gets hungry my younger brother calls me names and my mother starts screaming about her personal problems, even some blaming them on me, regardless of it I had anything to do with them or not

I want to fucking die when this happens

Your group? Does this group have a name?

your girlfriend sounds fat as fuck

>you should never, ever be rude to the people who are making your food, regardless of the circumstances.
Amen.

Could be real. My wife has had severe hypoglycemia most of her life. When we were first dating, I learned that she had three settings: "Are you getting hungry, I am?"; "I am really hungry; lets eat."; and "I WILL RIP OUT YOUR INTESTINES TO MAKE SAUSAGE IF THERE ISN"T FOOD IN THE NEXT MINUTE!" There was little time between settings as well.

>everyone has hypoglycemia
vs.
>everyone is a rampant attention-whore
which is more likely user

Nurses have no basis to harm your body. That is illegal, immoral and stupid.

Murderers have no basis to harm your body. That is illegal, immoral, and stupid.

>two tins of lager, a packet of crisps, and half a sarnie out the bin.

Blimey.

Hence, don't fuck with em.

Does the kitty like to eat Ravioli?

Yeah, and? Doesn't necessarily stop them. Nor does that mean they can't slack the fuck off and deny your needs by lack of presence. As such I learned to treat those who treat you, well. Then it often goes that you stand out as a good patient and they're more willing to work for you. Little grease goes a long way to making a machine move.

Then it's your wife's responsibility to explain in advance that she has a medical issue, and be prepared to feed herself before it affects her negatively, either by breaking off from a group to feed herself, or by bringing some snack bars to keep full.

She doesn't get to throw a tantrum every fucking minute and ruin everyone's day.

That sounds like diabetes user. How's your urination?

t. 22 year old who thinks pretending to be 46 is the funniest shit in the world because it's become le epik millennial injoke to hate millennials

you will continue thinking it's the funniest shit in the world until you actually grow up to be 46. Then you won't.

>I had to deal with someone completely throwing a tantrum in our group today because it had been a whopping THREE HOURS since our late breakfast and we weren't all sitting down for lunch.
>Late breakfast

I feel like you're omitting details to make your case sound more sympathetic.

I mean how late did you have breakfast and did this person eat with you at that time?

>when I realized they very well could've been stealing my card info(black staff and all)
Amen.

i only get grouchy when im fasting for more than a day.

Who gives a shit? Unless they went without eating for an entire day, they can fuck off. Seriously, I'm fat as fuck, and I can always go for a day or two without eating. Doesn't mean I enjoy doing it, but I don't act like a little bitch and make it somebody else's problem

Americans

If I'm at work, and I'm looking forward to my lunch - because I brought something awesome, or because there's some agreement to hit up the Jamaican or Indian joint - and then shit suddenly hits the fan ten minutes before I'd planned on eating, thus negating lunch entirely... I get a bit pissy.

Mind you, I rarely eat breakfast, so that 1-2pm meal is kind of important to me if I'm expected to work like a god damned machine for 16h.

You're not even trying to deny being an entitled teenager who constantly blames all of their problems on everyone else and views themself as a perpetual victim unable to make any mistakes?

My friends are like that. I go to cook fro them and they say relax no hurry wit the cooking, then about !72 hour before they want to eat they start complaining they're hungry and moan because I tell them my dish takes two hours and they'll have to wait until it's ready.

My dad's also like that. He won't let me start cooking until midday and if it isn't ready by two o'clock he complains.

First world problems

because boomers all have fucking type 2 diabetes and saw a word people used on the internet a decade ago and now it's catching on in the mainstream. when their blood sugar gets too low, they have to stuff their faces with food or they get cranky like the senile toddlers they are.

anyway it's just a retarded meme. Ignore it and it will disappear, like quinoa and kale. Prices for those dropped like a fucking rock when everyone stopped hyping them up.

t. hangry autist

I can't stand people who eat like birds. I had an American friend visit my city last year and I swear to god he'd bitch and moan an hour after eating. But when we'd stop for a bite he'd finish half his meal and toss the rest. And eating out here is fucking expensive.

He also had the palate of a 5 year old and would only eat tendies and "sweet tea".

>He also had the palate of a 5 year old and would only eat tendies and "sweet tea"
lmao, did he say anything about "good boy points"?

t.everything is autism guy

My roommate would pull this shit while we were out running errands all the time.

Like we would be two hours into doing normal shit any adult should be able to do and she would start getting this shitty attitude and then blame it on being 'hangry.' She ALWAYS apologized excessively afterwards but fuck man, shit got old.

I told her recently that I was sick of that excuse and she needs to stop being an asshole or else I am going to start being an asshole right back.

Done tolerating womanchild tantrums.

>GOTTA HAVE DAT PUSSY BRO
They need to grow a fucking spine.

I'm the opposite. I HATE eating in general and I never feel impatient about getting food.

They probably eat a fuckton of sugar for breakfast and crash hard in the evening. Eat sugar at night, eat carbs in the the day.

Surprised this thread is still up. It was 10:30 or 10:45 and yes, she ate with us. By 2 pm it is not fucking tantrum time.

Boo hoo. Come prepared with some snacks. Or eat breakfast if this is a frequent problem. I don't eat breakfast either and it isn't a problem for me to act like a normal human being if I have to skip a meal.

I'm still triggered days later.

This is a perfect analogy.

PMS isn't a real thing, and different women attribute it to different parts of their cycles relative to their period, but they're told by society that they're allowed to have a "time of month" that no-one can criticize them for their attitude (and to be fair society gives women way more shit than men for having any kind of attitude the rest of the month), so they do.

they have yet to realize that women are mindless harpy's that just follow herd mentality for self validation and thus are consistently seeking the females approval, when in reality the less you care about them the more they want you.

Deliberately harming you is illegal, but how are you gonna prove passive-aggressive microtorture like "oh oops couldn't find the vein this time, I'll try again"

that's just women

But hangry is an actual thing. I get really irritable (which leads to anger/rage) when I'm hungry. But like 2 multi-hour workouts in a day and haven't eaten since yesterday hungry, not I skipped lunch hungry.