Is it really worth all the extra time involved to make Fries/Chips the way Heston Blumenthol does...

Is it really worth all the extra time involved to make Fries/Chips the way Heston Blumenthol does? I mean I'm sure of course these are way better than what you get at a casual restaurant but come on five cooking steps to make the most common side dish?

>Simmer Potatoes
>Freeze Potatoes
>Fry Potatoes
>Freeze Potatoes (again)
>Fry potatoes

sbs.com.au/food/recipes/heston-blumenthals-triple-cooked-chips

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Cooked_Chips

I'm curious to try them because hell who doesn't love fried potatoes but taking what seems like half a day preparing this sounds well stupid.

Other urls found in this thread:

waitrose.com/home/christmaswithwaitrose/christmas_with_heston.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1Kq8k7yTr8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=j-AUIvRSEBA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

twice frying is the standard method to make french fries and shit. this just adds one step.

i personally microwave my chips before twice frying. it dries out the surface nicely and you can rough them up a bit better without them falling apart.

making chips at home is dumb anyway. in fact any kind of deep frying without a commercial fryer is just a huge ballache

It's only worth it if you're autistic.

I had these today and they tasted like shit so I put them in a ziploc and threw them in the fridge.
Avoid.

This. Make roasted potatoes instead.

>calls something autistic
>actual autist meanders into thread
>shits on him, calls him a retard
>goes away
>5 minutes later he reappears
>he's in another thread
>he's still calling everything in his line of sight autistic
>rinse and repeat
>five days later
>still hasn't learned

It's like you enjoy autistic kids calling you out for being so fucking asinine.

your parents got you that mmr vaccine huh

Every vaccine that existed by 1995 has been put in my arm, shoulder or ass.
Except flu vaccine, I'm autistic not retarded.

You are the property of your parents, you get the tip of your dick chopped off if they say and you get shot up with poison if they say. You aren't going to put up much of a fight before the age of 5 are you?

What is this thread about? Potatoes?

I guarantee the chips from the local bbq place run by turks taste just as nice

>reeeeeeeee stop calling me autistic

Autists should be euthanized at birth, you are not one of us, you are not normal

>doing anything the heston way
the epitome of everything wrong with molecular gastronomy and british chefs/cuisine.

oops, accidental link

>autists
>not one of us
Holy fucking shit, do you have any idea where you are? Veeky Forums is autism fucking central. We have a PONY CONTAINMENT BOARD, for fuck's sake.

I said reappropriate your comments, not stop.
If you only used google to learn a tiny bit and could accurately called this retarded or that autistic, I would be laughing instead of telling you how daft you sound.

Instead you take the easy route and call literally every activity, food, nuance, person, stove, oven, microwave, baking dish, knife, bowl, cup and spoon here autistic.
You sound fucking retarded. Stop taking the easy route. I'm not offended at your use of the word to start, I'm offended that you're attempting to turn it into a catch all phrase for anything you don't like. On every thread. All week.

Do you get it now or am I not speaking fluently enough?
The damage control is real. No one here is under the delusion that you're more intelligent than your average autist.
Call things retarded like a normal human being.

it was founded by misaligned outcasts not autistc people. the popularity that shone on this place is what attracted New age autistic internet users. you fucking stupid cunt

Not even reading this autistic mess

how do i know your only experience with his food is buying his shitty mince pies from waitrose

American here, Googled Blumenthol Waitrose and got this.

waitrose.com/home/christmaswithwaitrose/christmas_with_heston.html

What the fuck is this? Why would he agree to slap his name on stuff that looks absolute terrible?

>Bacon Banana Trifle
Gross. I mean we have The Elvis but that really just uses Bacon as a garnish, it's more of just a Banana and PB Sandwhich.

And are Puddings supposed to look like Giant Meatballs?

>making chips at home is dumb anyway
>someone actually being reasonable on Veeky Forums
>hasn't been lynch mobbed by a bunch of tards
Maybe because the flyovers got scared of "heston blumenthol" [sic] and didn't click the thread?

If you even mention buying salt at the store the babby cooks around here start raving that they learned that seawater contains salt and if you don't boil all your salt from scratch you might as well got to macdonalds

We drank shitty beer, coffee and tea and built the sea of piss you're swimming in.
Am I am exception to the rule, capping off 12 years, or did you come here from Facebook in 2012 like the rest of these inept fucks?

You have no idea what we were doing for a decade before you got here.
Save your swill. We never asked for hateful 16 year olds to invade our community but here we are.

> quarter
> put in cold water for a couple mins
> let dry
> marinade appropriately
> 220°C heat from below
> put on lowest tray with one of the flat side to the tray
> flip after 10min
> Enjoy wedges
I found freezing them before changes their consistency too much.

wtf are you even on about? is this was tarding out looks like?

What kind of marinade do you recommend?

This is what it looks like.

Sorry about my moonspeak, I know big words can cause problems in some users whose parents give enough fucks to make sure they're getting sleep before school.

Isn't it about time to get ready?

The classics
> olive oil
> rosemary
> thyme
> garlic
> paprika
I add a large onion for taste too, which usually gets quite black in the oven.
Recently i read you can add the skin of the onion too, for enhanced flavor.

Also, combine with marinaded chicken wings/thighs in large quantity for easy and tasty party food.

he's just marketing himself with the gimmicky bullshit odd combination science man thing. just about everything in the heston from waitrose range is total bullshit, shame really. he does do a 'finishing jus' demi glace type thing that i sometimes use.

>And are Puddings supposed to look like Giant Meatballs?

lol yes, that is actually not his fault, it's a brit thing.

Isn't it always worth the time if you can make it just a little bit better ¿?

lol alrighty then, I'll leave you to your rambling

speaking as someone who has passed gallons of hummus through sieves, jerry rigged a water bath and adjusted the temperature with a kettle every 20 mins or so for 72 hours, made mars bars from scratch in order to make a deep fried mars bar ice cream and all kinds of other sisyphean bullshit

no

not if you're not in the fucking mood

Is it worth all the extra time to make fried potatoes when you can eat them boiled???

Your experiences are shit. You have no voice here faggot.

If you like them crispy, yeah. Minimal effort, doesn't take too long

More important than the method is the variety of potato. Use the wrong potato and you won't get a good chip, no matter what.

R O A S T T H E M

Deep fried food at home is only worth it if you have a big family or you are fat enough to justify eating it that often

Who the fuck is Heston Blumenthal? Also dont Jews only run financial scams? Since when do they cook lol

>I'm curious to try them because hell who doesn't love fried potatoes

I've made them before. They're good, but I didn't see the need for freezing them. My usual method is to parboil, cool to room temp, fry @ 315 F until they barely start to color, cool again, then fry a 2nd time at 375F.

I couldn't tell a difference between freezing versus simply cooling them down to room temp.

The triple cook method is fucking fantastic and delivers a really nice crispy exterior and a tender interior, and it's not much work at all assuming you have the right tools.

Obviously.

I love oven-roasted potatoes, but I generally fry them because it's much faster and it doesn't require the oven being on as long. I live in a hot climate so long oven-roasting is only practical in the winter.

>autisic
>not one of us

normie?

What a fucking pleb. Heston is based and one of the few truly innovative chefs.

Also he detests the term molecular gastronomy.

idk watch this video for "crispy" roast chicken, which ultimately just falls back on injecting liquid into the bird. And who in the ever living fuck wants to eat a "beet and horseradish ice cream pie". It's a terrible combination not only textually but also temperature wise.
youtube.com/watch?v=1Kq8k7yTr8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=j-AUIvRSEBA
>one of the few truly innovative chefs
like fucking what? bacon ice cream? he does fuck all other than pretend to be some kind of scientist/food revolutionary, but all he does is make needlessly complex recipes which produce mediocre results and half the time he never even does any form of test to actually show you it worked. Doesn't even cut into his "crispy" and "juicy" roast chicken but assumes we'll take his word on it or waste two days.

Not to mention the Fat Duck is RETARDEDLY expensive for the portions. You essentially get what most chefs would make as menu samples, then pay an extra £90 for wine.

sure on the surface it seems like a lot of work for not a lot of reward but, if you make homemade fries/chips and don't do it that way they don't ever come out quite right

Not even an autist but I'd shove your dick in a pencil sharpener (it'd fit) just because you're a nasty little shit.