What's the spiciest pepper you've eaten Veeky Forums?

What's the spiciest pepper you've eaten Veeky Forums?

Ghost.
It wasn't a fun half hour.

Piri-piri

Scorpion pepper. Got through it with a lot of sweating and hiccuping (first time that was ever my reaction to heat, so that was fun). The rest of the day my stomach felt off, but not enough to make me sick. The next day though it felt like I shat out a nest of scorpions, but after that I was fine.

I bit into a serrano once; chewed about half of it in my mouth. That was a huge mistake, and I always thought I could handle spicy foods. Guess not.

are u a grill

When I was 19 I ate a pickled habanero on an empty stomach. I shit acidic fire for three days. I haven't been able to handle heavy spice since. Pretty sure I wrecked my stomach lining.

Whole? Ghost...two. kinda fucked me up for 20 minutes then...gone.
Then ive eaten carolina reapers...in stuff...solo...whatever. hot but not "oh my god" fhe hype around the reaper is turning oit to be mostly bullshit. They are a very unstable hybrid and many arent very hot at all.

I munch on fresh habanero when I use them.

I had dried nogas, not that hot.

bell

Anyone else think that habaneros and jalapenos have the same hotness levels?

I've eaten a ghost pepper. It's hot as hell but really not as bad as they say.

nah. but i find japalenos sting more than havenaros

The ones I didn't expect

Most super hot peppers taste like shit.

Surprisingly the Carolina reaper is the only one that tastes good.

I find jalapenos to have a spicy flavour, when I say this I mean its tastes pungent and more savoury and does tickle your tastebuds, but it doesn't hurt your lip or make you sweat after eating a few. Habaneros on the other hand I find to taste sweet and more pepper-like but will leave a burning feeling on your lip and halve you sweating after eating a few.

Green bell pepper

Someone get these hotheads outta here.

I have a bag of dried carolina reapers. If I wanted to eat one whole should i soak it in boiling water first ?

I put both carolina reapers and ghost pepper's in my chili. Gives great flavor.

Just ordinary habanero
Maybe I've just had shitty jalapeños lately but every one I eat just tastes green and watery, literally no flavor. It's not just lack of heat cause I eat poblanos all the time and they taste great.

I also have a bag of Carolina Reapers. I thought it would be fun to get people to try them, 2 people did but i've still got 10 plus peppers and don't have any idea what to do with them. I like spicy, but after watching 2 people suffer their wrath I am scared of trying one, or even cooking with one.

Naga morich, Trinidad moruga scorpion, Bhut jolokia, Carolina reaper. All of them fresh.
No regrets at all.

I am using dried carolina reapers for tomato soup. Really good. If you like spicy, you should be fine with one whole for pot of four servings.

Well, I'm white, so...

Golden habanero.
Friend was eating them like candy so I thought they couldnt possibly be that hot
Hurt my stomach so bad I had to throw it up, couldnt taste anything for an hour.

I guess the trick is to chew them a lot in your mouth despite the pain before swallowing to avoid the stomach cramps

habaneros toreados

Fuck off, cuck

Whats the psychology behind the desire of wanting to consume something so hot your body tries to sweat it out as fast as possible?

>bait

I'm white as can be, and I can snap into a raw serrano just fine. I love cooking with them, too.

Carolina Reaper out of a grower's garden.

I would not have named them reapers. I think a better name for them would be

>FUCK.

That sums in up.

Still taste good though

On its own? Jalapeno. I don't really go out of my way to eat spicy peppers just because they're spicy.

Bird-eye chili

They're like 4-5 times as hot as habaneros, they're not magic. Just use less of them than you would of other peppers.

I eat Carolina Reaper every day but my stool is bloody.

Bird's eye chili. Bit into one by accident when eating a Thai dish.

my dad grows peppers and gave me a fresh serrano to eat
I popped it whole into my mouth and almost choked because I immediately started hiccoughing and every orifice in my face leaked fluids

Raw orange habanero. Got drunk and wanted to impress people.
Bad move.

Ghost peppers have nothing on raw habaneros, and I fucking love ghosts. I don't know how habaneros got worse than them, but they sure as fuck are ten times hotter.

Carolina Reaper. Most painful shit of my life

Reading this thread makes it seem like even the ones that didn't kill you to eat weren't positive experiences, just neutral ones. So why are you eating them in the first place if they're either unsatisfying or literal pain?

Fucking amazing cooking pepper, great flavor.
I'm sure it's generally considered to be torturous but I think they're delicious.

The hottest pepper I've ever eaten whole was a habanero, and it was damn good.

I have tasted hotter peppers before cooking with them to get an idea of how much to use but it was always just a sample of a small piece rather than the whole pepper.

Feels good man.

Because the burning feels kind of good but also some peppers, like habaneros, taste really fucking good. Nice fruity flavor.

Though it seems like half the people in this thread are just idiots trying to impress their buddies.

Hah cuck!

Fresh habaneros are fucking dead to me.
But I only ate a raw one, never cooked with them.
Is cooking an improvement? I love burning the shit out of my digestive system but those things are torture.

the burning gives you a rush of endorphins basically making you kind of high, some people like that
habaneros are great for a stew or sctambled eggs
just don't overdo it
also they're really not suitable for eating casually on a sadwich unless you're already very desensitised to chilli

Depends where and how they are grown. Ghost has more potential to be hotter.

Hottest that ever came out of my garden were black nagas. I was geowing ghost peppers right next to it and they were hot and tasty but they couldnt compare to the black nagas. They were unbelievably spicy and im a spic.

habanero stoned on painkillers for some reason I thought mixing a chopped up raw one in mashed potatoes was a good idea I haven't cooked when I'm on them since

Seeing a lot of raw habaneros mentioned here.
I can conclude from this that they fucking suck but Mexicans have acquired a taste for them.
Americans are starting to enjoy ghost peppers but most of them are massive pussies.
Reapers are generally considered to be shit, but I have yet to taste them.
And finally, jalapeños are poor man's fodder, only enjoyed by those with the worst of taste buds.

Pretty correct.

I diced up a Carolina reaper onto a hot dog, It was quite the experience

I too drink black coffee.

Most of those peppers are good when roasted. Never had roasted reaper or ghost pepper though.

Yeah they're great in cooking. And like the other dude said you don't just go straight from no heat tolerance to a habanero lol, work your way up. Eat jalapeños if you like them, when they lose their spice serranos are good, after that habaneros. Also shit like cow peppers are good, I think they're between jalapeños and serranos in heat, have a good flavor though sorta like a poblano but better.

You see a lot of habaneros mentioned because they are the hottest pepper that is easily available at a typical supermarket.

For the others you either need to find a specialty supplier, a friend that grows them, or mail-order.

habanero, was a lot milder than i expected.

You are accurate.

You eat jalapeños so you are wrong.

You have to realize that I fucking love ghost peppers but raw habaneros are torture.I can not buy hot peppers at all in my town.

In other news someone willing to send me some nasty ass naga seeds please hit me up and we'll talk later on a 10 minute email, but all I have to trade right now is mirabilis or cash.

carolina reapers. they were developed like an hour from where i live, and a mountain man sold me a jar of paste made of reapers, vinegar and a little brown sugar. needless to say, the only thing you can taste is fucking HEAT. i'm telling you, a pinky nail's worth of carolina reaper will ruin you. you can feel it in your stomach for hours afterward.

and i've got like 10oz of this shit just sitting in my fridge.

i put ghost on p much everything though.

>ghost on everything

So there ARE decent people in California.

i actually hail from south (best) carolina

but yes, ghost peppers are dope. they've got the fruitiness of habanero, except they actually have some heat to them.

I love the things. But our work shilling the flavor is in vain, people are fucking terrified of nagas

Are you Joe?
We know each other I think.

I may have some seeds

I bring my homegrown peppers to eat when i go to nice restaraunts to eat. Chocolate ghost pepper and a lamb burger cooked rare are great together

You told me this story at university?

Might have to get me some of them then. Just made some chicken chili with a whole fucking pile of habaneros and there was almost no heat to it.

I've got some super spicy hot sauce I could have added but aside from the heat it just tastes like bitter ass, none of the delicious smoky fruitiness.

Do they? I'm planning on smoking some lamb breast for pulled lamb tacos and looking for some nice spicy salsa or sauce to go with it... Guess I'm gonna have to visit the hipster farm stand and see if I can find any good peppers.

Adjuma and madame jeanette

yeah, it's hard to get people on board w/ghost peppers. they're unfortunately becoming a meme.

i am not joe, sorry. i'm from the upstate though.

i heartily recommend it. ghost peps will lighten your life.

Endorphins.

>he doesn't like fresh jalapeño

I ate a scotch bonnet. I asked myself why I chose to do that for a couple of days afterwards

My peppers had a floral fruitiness to them that mixed in great with rich meat flavors. But be careful they are still very spicy.

ghost on a pizza. Awful. Made it one bite and didn't have any water or milk so I slammed like 4 20z sprites which didn't help

And fyi for thise that get mild habaneros sometimes keep in mind you have faggots that dont like heat . large usa and chinese plantations grow gmo watered down peppers. The mexican ones tend to be spicier and of course the carribean ones. Its all just a matter of what farm supplied your store at the time.
Also on a side note all super hot chiles are especially delicious if seared on a hot pan with a little lard

Naga, two in one go, re-hydrated
Most agonising bowel pain I've ever experienced, and I once at an entire roll of pork belly to myself.

I've had reaper flakes in popping candy but have yet to sample the entire fruit

The Merciless Pepper of Quetzalacatenango

I used to live in Martinique and they had this pepper called Bonda Man Jak which means "Mrs Jacque's Ass" Pretty strong for my taste but definitely full of flavor and not just hot. I think they're regular habaneros though.

Maybe zest a bit of one when you're doing soup?

Controlled risk. Your brain senses that part of you is literally on fire but you cognitively know you aren't so you still get the endorphins and adrenaline rush in some cases along with heat and a great chili flavor.

Selena gomez