'Exploding' soup dumpling

bbc.com/news/world-asia-39440174

>Popping soup dumplings is the equivalent of smearing jam all over your plate/table, and eating your toast plain
>You're acting like a bunch of 3 year olds playing with your food
>Watching you waste all that soup is akin to someone geting battered fish and chips and peeling all the batter off, while remarking "love peeling dead skin to reveal the smooth new skin within?"
>Why on Earth would you compare eating Xiao Long Bao to popping zits? Are you deliberately trying to offend half a continent?
>You might as well order a some steamed dumplings skin, a plate of steamed meat, and a bowl of soup. Save the dumpling shifu some effort.
>All my life I tried to live healthy. Never smoked, never drank, always ate natural foods. I grew up abstaining from junk food and greasy fried foods. Always drank purified water, always used suntan lotion when I went out, exercised everyday. Sadly, none of that matters anymore because this video gave me cancer.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Turban_Rebellion
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungan_Revolt_(1862–77)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiping_Rebellion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Pests_Campaign
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I thought maybe there was some new kind of pressurized xiao long bao but no. Turns out it's just white people being white

Yet more proof that whites shouldn't be allowed anywhere near food that isn't untoasted wonder bread with the crusts sliced off with a dull plastic knife, then smeared lazily with something containing a lot of high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated vegetable oil

What a bunch of babies

>muh 1000000000000 years of culture is so fragile it can be destroyed by some people eating their food wrong

That's how it starts, user.

It's about respecting the effort put into making the dumplings. It's actually pretty tricky to make and time it right to get the gelatin in there to become soup after cooking, in order to get the particular taste and texture of biting into a parcel of soup. If you're going to play with your food like that and drain all the soup before eating, you may as well have ordered a basic steamed dumpling with a bowl of soup on the side instead of wasting the chef's time.

Texans will rage hysterically about putting beans in chili and that doesn't even involve not just throwing away food, but throwing away the food the existence of which is the entire reason for the dish

It's approximately as wrong as ordering a pizza, peeling off the cheese, wiping off the sauce with a paper napkin, putting a few pieces of pepperoni back on, and then just eating the crust

They paid for the food, no? They can do whatever they want. How can they be such children about how some people want to enjoy things they paid for?

If they want to protect their fragile culture that can be destroyed by white people eating their food wrong, they should go back to their own countries and do business there.

Is that a bay leaf? Did she order a bay leaf chicken burrito?

>I'm not the fragile one! The other people are the fragile ones! Foreigners white guilt cuck cuck cuck REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Would a westerner get offended at someone eating french fries with chop sticks? Then why the fuck would Asians get pissed off about how you eat your dumplings?

Texans are pretty retarded for that too. People who seriously care about and get offended over things like this have nothing else to be proud of so they lash out over the little things they do have which is not necessarily something they individually even had a part of creating.

That might've been a 2/10 argument if I were actually your target race.

They're also teaching others to eat it wrong, or in such a way that the entire point of the method of preparation is lost.

I'm sure someone would get offended if I asked for my steak to be well done because I want to kill all the germs and get rid of the blood.

Not even close. This is food waste. If someone went to McDonalds to make an instructional video on how to eat McDonalds food in the proper way, and they proceeded to fling fries all over the floor and stomp on them, not as a joke, but as a serious, straight faced attempt at educating an audience, then yes, they'd rightly be derided as fools. And there'd probably be Chinese nationalists raving about how westerners are being triggered snowflakes.

>Would a westerner get offended at someone eating french fries with chop sticks?
as a matter of fact, yes. Internet is raelly defensice when it comes to eating "american" shit.
Just try to start a chili thread. Literal death threats will be sent.

>food waste

Is everyone under the impression that these guys just throw out the soup and not drink it afterward at some point?

It's a stereotype and an user's made-up story example. As a texan, we might not consider chili-w/-beans as "real chili", we might prefer texas chili, but we don't go around throwing it away and riding violators outta town on a rail.

Why do you keep changing the subject? You are defending an "educational video" that teaches wrong information. You might as well be arguing that vaccines cause autism at this point.

That's what I thought

Hold up. Why not just move the dumpling to a spoon? Thus if it breaks you can still drink the soup. Why the fussing and fighting instead of trying to solve the problem?

>she thinks bay leaves are lettuce

>get served a perfect beef wellington perfected by years of experience
>remove beef from pastry
>throw the beef in the deep fat fryer for a few minutes because it looks a bit red still
>eat pastry with ketchup while waiting
>I bought it I can do what I want with it
Eating french fries with chopsticks doesn't change the texture or taste, and french fries take no effort to prepare.

>I bought it I can do what I want with it
Is there a problem here? Do you hate freedom?

2/10 I responded, but apply yourself next time.

Do you hate my freedom to call you a moron for doing it? Do you hate my freedom to call you an even bigger moron for making an educational video teaching people that this way of eating it is the best?

>Texans have nothing else to be proud about

You've never met a Texan.

>>I bought it I can do what I want with it
As long as you don't mind people laughing at you, it's fine I guess. You enjoy being the butt of jokes, do you? Do you tell yourself "I sure trolled them!"?

>The video published by Time Out London on Facebook

What a surprise, britbongs don't know anything about food

Not at all. I also reserve my freedom to call you out on your shitty culture that can so easily be destroyed by some one video's misinformation.

Because asians are narcissistic retards

Literally only one of the comments ever claimed that "this is destroying culture". The majority of the comments are complaining that they are wasting the soup and wasting the effort put into making the dumplings. Also incredulous that anyone would compare eating the dumpling to popping pimples.

Let him have his straw, he's grasping it tightly and it would be cruel to take that away from him

I'm amused by asian americans getting butthurt over cultural appropriation, Indos sperging out when Ronaldo or whoever it was triggered a spergfest over fried rice, etc.

This shit is a critical fail though, it's wasting food and being disrespectful to the craft.

It's a singaporian chick, let's not act like they represent asia. Especially with the heavy British influence and the totalitarianism in the country today, it's no surprise.

There's a whole imgur album of Twitter screenshots from people bitching at Chipotle for putting leaves in their bowls.

stupid americans dont know what bayleaves are kek

Let me translate this into American
Imagine you made a burger for a bud at a BBQ
Then for a laff they say "watch this" and they squeeze your buger so hard all the insides slip out onto their paper plate
After eating the bun and throwing the rest away, they ask, "how bout another burger bro?"

Soup dumplings do take more effort to prepare properly than burgers.

Do they all look like bay leaves? I'm assuming the issue is the idea that they came off a tree outside.

who gives a shit. im more annoyed that this might be a new white people fad. xiao long bao new meme food 2017

>we don't go around throwing it away and riding violators outta town on a rail.
Time to start, chili with beans is awful.

Yes, they're all bay leaves.

Jesus....

not reading that, but complaining about the way someone eats something is autistic

Literally in the article.

>"There are many ways of eating Xiao Long Bao, so there is really no fixed way to enjoy it. But you shouldn't play with it like that. It is simply not showing respect to the expertise of the chefs who created it."

This. Its not about some vague sense of culture. Its about people being fucking retarded/objectively wrong and then claiming its normal. Its someone who orders a pizza and then scrapes all the toppings off. Or someone who orders sauced wings but then for some reason decides to run them under a faucet. Theres a difference between having certain tastes and eating techniques, and being flat wrong.

It sounds like the problem might be people struggling with chopsticks than it is intentionally popping the dumplings.

>being this triggered

>It sounds like the problem might be people struggling with chopsticks than it is intentionally popping the pimples.

> Indos sperging out when Ronaldo or whoever it was triggered a spergfest over fried rice
I think that was more about their animosity for the Malaysians and Singaporeans,

>Indos sperging out when Ronaldo or whoever it was triggered a spergfest over fried rice

Can someone explain this to me a little further please?

Fucking Bongs, how do they get things so wrong?
Here on the west coast (best coast), you'd better not eat soup dumplings like that, or you'll embarrass your whole table and everyone will think you're mentally deficient.
>How to Ruin Soup Dumplings 101 - Love, Britain

>peeling off the cheese, wiping off the sauce with a paper napkin, putting a few pieces of pepperoni back on, and then just eating the crustpeeling off the cheese, wiping off the sauce with a paper napkin, putting a few pieces of pepperoni back on, and then just eating the crust

that's precisely how I eat mine, save for wiping off the sauce

>I don't just order it without cheese

Nice try.

well, no. I only do it when the pizza's fresh out of the oven.

I peel the cheese off and eat the crust while the cheese cools.

After the pizza's cooled down enough I eat it like a normal person.

>deflating your dumplings before eating them is dumb
>deflating your dumplings before eating them is GRAVE INSULT-U TO MY ASIAN HERITAGE
You are capable of picking the first one you narcissistic crybabies.

hahaha the mega autist in this thread screeching about the wrong way to eat food

bravo Veeky Forums bravo youbve made my night

wogball player goes to singapore, eats some nasi goreng and tweets something like "nasi goreng, keeping it local in #singapore"
this starts a fire amongst internet dwelling indonesians

The local Dinesty chain actually teaches you how to eat it. You puncture the dumpling once you got it in the spoon and either eat the soup and dumpling toger or just slurp the soup

Wait, are they complaining about that video in OPs link? Because he just poked it to show that there is soup in there. Then, he ate the next one like normal. Why the fuck are people up in arms about that?

>'Asian food lovers'
>'angered foodies'

Nothing to see here, it's just the West slowly collapsing upon itself.

No, that's the BBC's own video.

They're complaining about Timeout's video on Facebook.

https:// (Facebook dotto commu) /TimeOutLondon/videos/10154427935432405/

you eat bay leaves?

Nope, but I wouldn't treat it like I found hair in my food

if you dont have a spoon you can also just bite a hole and suck the soup out

I don't understand it. Asians don't give a fuck about how white people eat their food. It's only white people getting offended for the sake of brown people.

It must be the dopamine rush. Everyone wants to be a WW2 hero fighting le evils of racism.

The only actual confirmed Asians in the article (Singaporeans) disapprove but they aren't screaming about muh culture but rather about respect for the chef and not playing with your food like a child.

self-loathing white people are the worst

Pretty cringey really. It's obvious that most people wouldn't play with the food like that, so it seems like they did it intentionally for the views. I always hated that "buzzfeed" style of video too.

I don't understand. Did they throw away the soup? You can still soak up the soup with the dumpling, even if it breaks, can't you? Wasting food is bad, sure, but it's not like there's gonna be a huge difference in texture or flavor if the juices are on one side of the dough or the other, right?

I can only think the soup gets cold pretty fast outside of the dumpling.

That's okay? A few degrees of temperature difference isn't going to radically change its taste or texture. Not like it turns into gazpacho if you puncture the dumpling.

chink genocide when

Pfft we don't need your help to do that.

So you can't wait to eat the crust? Crust that is too hot is your thing, for a slice or two, and when it cools, you eat it normally.

Was there a lot of lead in your drinking water where you grew up?

That's because Chipotle is being lazy as shit for not taking them out.

Seeing as how you fuckers popped a billion out of nowhere and are still going strong I think you do

In decline by 2050. Turns out when you raise the quality of life people have less children.

not to mention the best weapon of all, western degeneracy

lol this

Jesus, they almost completely block out the video with their giant banner if you don't have a stupid Facebook account.

I once had a dipshit boss of a chef who left them in his soups because "finding one is good luck."

I always took them out when serving it because I didn't want to be embarrassed to work there.

>they aren't screaming about muh culture

cause normal rational adults don't do that when something pisses them off
its become a common reaction to scream at something you don't like in America, fucking pathetic
it used to be that disdainful glances were enough to curb retards' behavior in public, but that doesn't work anymore either
so unless someone is screaming in someone else's face, millennials will keep doing retarded shit

my buddy freaks out cause he thinks that if you eat one its very poisonous and can seriously harm you

Purposely leaving (no pun intended) them in is fucked, happening occasionally because you're scooping the meat out with a scooper happens.

TEN THOUSAND YEARS OF IMPERIAL CULTURE YOU WHITE KEK
OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE MOUNT TAI

>My traditional food is not here just for your next cool trend
Haha that chinaman thinks I care about his opinion. That's rich.

Ten to one it's not even a proper Chinese, just a banana "Chinese-American".

Ten to one white guys who say racism is dead

>its only food for you, but for me (and many others) it is more than that. its culture and history, and for someone like me who is a first gen born to immigrants and constantly divided between two cultural identities, food is an extremely important way (and sometimes the only way) to stay connected to my heritage
Yup, it's just another dumbass British born Chinese who doesn't know shit about what actually being Chinese is like and is latching on to some vague notion that her ancestors' food is some kind of ancient treasure so she can LARP as a persecuted minority.

I'm more concerned about Western-born Chinese not knowing how to speak, read or write any Chinese dialect, not understanding their own history, traditional arts, culture and music or even caring about learning or promoting them, yet somehow acting offended on real Chinese people's behalf all the time, than how white people are somehow disrespecting the entire culture of China (instead of just the particular chef) by playing with their food

>I'm more concerned about Western-born Chinese not knowing how to speak, read or write any Chinese dialect

why do they have to know how to speak Chinese if they live in an English speaking country? Stop encouraging people to not integrate.

The key phrase was
>yet somehow acting offended on real Chinese people's behalf
If you're going to try and militantly defend the integrity of a culture, it would help if you were actually a part of that culture. And knowing the language is one of the basic requirements of being a part of any culture. If you want to integrate into the Englishman's culture, then fine, but then stop pretending like you are still Chinese and can speak on the Chinese's behalf somehow.

Please excuse my poor reading comprehension. I gotcha.

Banana? Is that halfu for chinese?

Banana = "yellow outside, white inside". Refers to overseas-born Chinese who are completely Westernized and out of touch with their parents' culture.

>implying anyone is obliged to eat food they paid for in a certain way

Telling people how they can and cannot eat shows how little your opinions are worth

Shit... so all this razing of villages has been for nought?

>It's only white people getting offended for the sake of brown people.

More like a bunch of white people getting offended at the idea that brown people might potentially dare tell them how to eat a food

>I paid for it how dare you give me these chopsticks can I speak to the manager

Probably in that cringey "white person who can't deal with an accent" baby talk they use, talking loud as fuck and intentionally using bad grammar because they think talking to a foreigner is like talking to a dog

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Turban_Rebellion
>The religion and the politics of the Zhang brothers were based on belief in an apocalyptic change in the order of the world, and they told their followers that in the jiazi year, beginning of the new sexagenary cycle, the sky would become yellow, and that under this new heaven the rule of the Han Dynasty would end and a new era of government begin.

>Rebel deaths numbered in the hundreds of thousands, while many noncombatants had been left homeless or destitute by the wars, and the economy and society over great parts of this most populous region of the empire were left in ruins and without resources
>Death toll said to be from 3–7 million.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungan_Revolt_(1862–77)

>The revolt arose over a pricing dispute involving bamboo poles, when a Han merchant selling to a Hui did not receive the amount demanded for the goods.
>Colonel Bell estimated that the population of the Gansu Province was 15 millions before the revolt, and was reduced to 1 million after, during which 9/10 of Han people and 2/3 of Hui people died.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiping_Rebellion

>The Taiping Rebellion began in the southern province of Guangxi when local officials launched a campaign of persecution against a millenarian sect known as the God Worshipping Society led by Hong Xiuquan, who believed himself to be the younger brother of Jesus Christ.
>The war was the largest in China since the Qing conquest in 1644, and ranks as one of the bloodiest wars in human history, the bloodiest civil war and the largest conflict of the 19th century, with estimates of war dead ranging from 20-70 million to as much as 100 million

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Pests_Campaign
>The systematic extermination of sparrows led to an upset of the ecological balance
>Ecological imbalance is credited with exacerbating the Great Chinese Famine, in which 20–45 million people died of starvation.

>wasting the chef's time

You are wasting his time if you are ordering it so you can make a video of you popping it like a zit and encouraging everybody to do the same.