God tier foods when sick

>Chicken noodle soup

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110825164933.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Curried lentils with some veggies in it would be good. Make it spicy. Maybe some chicken mixed in.

Green tea

Capsaicin is actually clinically proven to block the neurotransmitter that causes stuffiness so being generous with anything spicy is a good idea in that case.

when I make chicken soup for being sick, it includes a lot of ginger and red pepper

source

For me it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich.

I actually have a green tea recipe that reduces most cold and flu symptoms I get extremely well. Better than most over the counter medicines I've taken.

You need:
>Coveree tea brewer, or just something to cover a mug with
>Loose leaf green tea
>Ginger
>Any citrus fruit of your choosing (I find that lemon/orange work the best)
>Honey

>Chop up some ginger root, doesn't need to be very fine
>Add the chopped ginger and green tea to the brewer, add hot water and cover
>Once the ginger and green tea are brewing, juice the citrus fruit(s). I generally recommend the juice of one whole fruit for about 500mL of tea. Straining it helps to remove pulp, and more importantly, seeds that can make the tea bitter.
>Once you've added the juice to your mug of choice, strain the green tea and ginger brew into it
>Add the honey. This is an important ingredient because not only is honey a natural cough suppressant, but prevents the tea for tasting like fucking bile thanks to the bitterness of the green tea and sourness of the citrus.
>Taste the tea. If it has a pleasant sweet and tangy taste, you've made it right. Drink up and tell your cold to get fucked. For maximum relief, consume while still hot.

ginger ale kicks ass when I'm sick. chicken and rice with a tall glass of ginger ale is my goto

>Posts a soup
>It isn't Italian wedding soup

Egg noodles are the worst, anyhow

cheese pizza, extra cheese

sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110825164933.htm

Your mother's sweet sweet ass

oatmeal
garlic hummus
hot green tea with honey
any type of soft toasted bread

>tfw sick for two weeks with sinusitis
>immediately caught strep throat after

Ginger Ale kicks ass at literally any point in time tho.

Everything mommy makes.

Vernors or get out

semen

apple sauce
sugar free vanilla pudding
peanut butter on toast

>raw garlic
>onion, especially shallot
>anything spicy
>stracciatella soup
>mint or chamomille tisanes
I do the same thing except without green tea. Does green tea actually have any benefits if you're sick? I usually kill 1.25 L of strong black tea every day, but I skip out on it while I'm sick because it dries out your mucous membranes.

I fucking hate you

Why tho

There's lots of polyphenols and other antioxidants and beneficial compounds in it, so I'm inclined to say yes.

>God tier foods when sick
meat (ribs, roast, burgers, etc), if you can keep it down
if not, bread
if not, water
if not, saline drip

But doesn't it dry out your mouth and nose?

yeah for real, why?

Not drinking green tea plain facka youuuuu!!!