It's my birthday Veeky Forums!

It's my birthday Veeky Forums!

And flap meat was on sale for $2.99 a lb.

That means Carnitas!

I marinated the meat for 24 hours in soy sauce, cumin, mexican oregano, paprika, garlic, olive oil, and cilantro.

>$2.99/lb
What the fuck. The cheapest I've ever seen it at around here is $5/lb.

Cooked under the broiler for five minutes per side.

A side note: let the broiler heat up for ten minutes before putting the meat under. This lets the whole oven get hot, not just the elements, and helps to properly distribute the heat.

>flap meat

Happy Birthday faggot. Hope it was tasty.

I know. That's why a grabbed two lbs.

Shhhh
If he's going to ruin a cut with that marinade it might as well be a flap

Done resting, and it's time to slice. It was a tad overdone, but the marinade kept it fork tender and juicy, which flap meat is not apt to be.

Happy birthday, user
I've never heard of carnitas with soy sauce.
Looks closer to carne asada than carnitas, but i'd eat the fuck out of it either way

What did you serve it with?

And in to some warmed tortillas. Yes, I know, corn would have been optimal. I've just been eating a lot of corn tortillas and wanted a change.

I'm drunk, you're right. Carne Asada it is...

I'm getting there.

A little diced white onion, cilantro, and jalapeno...

And a El Polo Loco derived avocado sauce...Man, I love this shit. I can do shots of it...

>Raw white onion
What's with the Mexican fixation on cilantro anyhow? Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thing like the fucking onions but...Why?

To make room on the plate I rolled them up and paired it with the classics, refried fijoles and some rice to which I added a can of Ro- Tel diced tomatoes and green chiles.

It just works, that's all I can say...

What you got against flavor, white boy?

Salsa de aguacate, if anyone is interested
That shit is fucking magic. I could fill pic related with it and grip n' sip

>hurr I need my onions cooked down to caramel always

OP here. Dinners over. I popped three Vicodin and opened a bottle of wine. I'm off tomorrow so I'm going to sleep until noon, and then have me a carne asada omelette.

There's flavor and there's raw onions.
Raw onions have a harsh taste that's really just a poor man's hot pepper with a bit of onion taste to it. I'm still convinced that raw onion and ginger were hot pepper substitutes back when global trade wasn't a thing. They taste awful.

Bruh, that's a beer

Look if you prefer raw onions to onion rings that's your business
Don't pretend it's not just a fad that somehow got foothold

White onion is more subtle compared to a brown onion, and works well as a grilled meat companion.

Stop being a manchild.

Ti's laddie. I drank the beer with the meal, now it's on to the red stuff while my narcotics kick in. Cheers!

>More subtle
>Literally an irritant

>soy sauce, cumin, mexican oregano, paprika, garlic, olive oil, and cilantro.

soy sauce? are you fucking retarded?? it's not carnitas unless you marinate it in fucking citrus you retard. ORANGE JUICE. for christ sake, enjoy your asian barbecue you cunt

My original description has been corrected further down in the thread. My apologies. Have a wonderful evening!

happy birthday you cunt

>tad overdone,
Ya think????

OP here, again. You do have discriminating taste, though. Tomorrows menu includes actual carnitas.

Can I beg your forgiveness and ask for redemption?

Thank you!

This isn't ribeye, and it was marinating for 24 hours. I wanted authentic, not a Veeky Forumsmeme.

That orange/lime/3 sec combo