When was the last time Veeky Forums had a bananasplit?

When was the last time Veeky Forums had a bananasplit?
I cant recall when I had some? Thinking of making me one today.
Any tips or tricks to share?

God damn, it's been a while. I'm not even sure I like them, I just remember when you got them at Dairy Queen they gave you three different sauces and that blew my tiny baby mind.

Never.

Does anyone even make these anymore?

22 years ago is the last time I specifically can recall this

Never? Damn if you were my friend I'd make you one. You should ask a friend to get one with you though, they're pretty nice.

Sounds awesome but I'm not that motivated today. Making vanilla ice cream, chocolate, and strawberry syrup when it's only 40 degrees out won't be fun. I'd crumble some roasted peanuts, and dunk wafers in melted chocolate too.

An actual banana split? Never.
A "I have a banana, ice cream, but nothing to put on top, I guess" split? Last month.

Dairy Queen about four months ago. I find their chocolate sauce too sweet, but I genuinely enjoyed it.

maybe 7 or 9 years... damn
it has been some time

Maybe 10 years ago when Sonic opened their first location here. It wasn't good. They only ever had 1-2 customers at a time and they closed a few years later.

Banana Split was my nickname in elementary, middle, high school and college.

That calls for a story, hmm. Maybe not here.

Last one I had ordered? I dunno, maybe when ice cream trucks were still a thing. Though it's easy enough to makeshift one if I happen to have everything on hand.

Vanilla ice cream
Banana
Caramel sauce
Toasted pecans

Alternatively:
Coconut ice cream
Banana
Shredded coconut
Peanuts or cashews
Sesame brittle

Caramel ice cream
Banana
Pretzels
Chocolate fudge sauce

what

Now I know my next project:
Vanilla ice cream
Banana
Caramel sauce
Toasted pecans... and whipped cream.

I never had one, what are they like?

Hmm. Like banana with some whipped cream sprinkled chocolate or something. Pretty ordinairy.
For kids I guess.

A proper banana split? A long-ass time ago.

A poorly assembled banana split at home? A few months ago.

you forgot the ice cream. It can also have nuts and/or fruits/fruit syrups on it as well, but the ice cream is basically core.

Last time was 13 years ago at the home town buffet, as I recall, the dessert was quite doink.

We still have ice cream trucks here where I live. They drive around playing that awful tune and kids still run to the street side waving their money to buy those messed up looking sonic the hedgehog things and all the other stuff. The thing is, they're the same trucks from years and years ago and never have been repainted or anything so they're all falling apart and you can only read half the stuff because of faded paint and missing paint and things like that. It's actually fairly creepy. You can hear them around a half mile away it seems like while they go up and down each road slowly blaring their song.

>banana split
What? This looks pretty good. You Americans are so weird. You make some disgusting stuff but at the same time, up make stuff like this.