Beer general

Been awhile since i started one of these. Got some new to me beer to drink tonigh so why not!

Usual drinking, looking for or cellaring anything?

Started out with the second one i had from Mikkellers new San diego location. Better than the first one, very nice mouthfeel. Slight hints of aloe vera almost!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gruit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is a better wheat beer than weihenstephaner?

scored 3 parabolas yesterday

two things I love to hear when beer hunting: "this is our last one" and "how many do you want?"

>general

Slightly older bottle of this one so it might be that but it feels faded and not as flavorful as i expected. Some sort of strange tinge of yogurt on the nose as well. They used oat milk in it i believe so it might be that, strange no matter what.

there isn't one
unless you count dunkelweiss, then schneider

this
german weizens are great. fairly cheap, readily available and consistently good
saved me in many situations where the only other options were either guiness or shitty lagers

Good as Weihenstephaner is i would say Ayingers Urweisse is a tad better!

Go go local grocery store!
>also: yay for cup holders on muh cart

Are you drinking the beer in the store?

No, that's an ale Smith they had on draft

Let me rephrase that: i am not drinking that beer, but yes i am in store. As evidenced by the shopping cart with my beer in it.

Not impressed at all by this one, had alot better oated stouts before!

>oated
I prefer chocolated myself

Bourbon and coffee when done right the best!

>whynothaveboth.jpg

what is this sorcery

Pretty good for what it is, a crusher you pick up a six pack on a summers day to just pound some refreshing beer!

I cant feel my face.

Might happen with a sixpack of that abv level!

Why not guiness?

cause it's the blandest, most watery stout out there
still much better than shitty lagers, but I'd rather have a nice weizen than a mediocre stout

>muh edgy contrarian opinion

lmao what

Had to pour one keg out the drain from this batch of homebrew, nasty chemical taste leads me to believe some cleaning agent must have got stuck in the keg somewhere during cleaning.

This pour is from the half keg that did not turn out a acidic mess. Very nice pale ale!

cheers lads

Another Mikkeller San diego offering, very good pale ale with loads of taste and low bitterness!

Guinness is pretty shit m8.

Cracked one of my English Reds... I'm probably going to lager six of them or so. They're good now, but I think that if I went all Marzen on them and cleaned up the fruitiness and sweetness a bit, they'd probably be amazing.

This thing here.

guinness is watery shit mate

Big beer, bretty thick. Taste reminds me of the milk that was left over after a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, would definitely have again. I've got a bottle of the barrel aged version I'm saving for a rainy day. Not my picture.

Ayy No Rules, my favorite liquid Mounds bar. I need to get back to Michigan soon, the brewing scene there is ridiculous.

Everyone knows Guinness sucks, dude.

Just happened upon a 6 pack of this at the liquor store

this is the best wheat beer I have ever tried

classic

It's not my favourite stout, but it's far from my least favourite.

It's palatable.

Ruination never ceases to impress me.

Has anybody noticed that the Enjoy By IPAs from Stone have declined in quality? I feel like the 4.20.16 was fucking amazing. The tangerine IPA immediately after that even better. Then, the proceeding IPAs after that just didn't do for me what those first two did, and that 2.14.17 enjoy by...yuck.

>It's palatable.
I mean, thats true of almost every stout. Guinness is fine, but its usually the worst stout available. Its basically the Bud Light of stout (though stout is an inherently better style so even the Bud Light of them is fine)

What's everyone's favorite light beer?

I know, I know. Light beer is shit. But when I go out, it's literally the cheapest option for a poorfag like me. I usually get Miller/Coors Light and Shiner Blondes but these are boring after awhile.

Some do to chocolate/black malt what the IPA arms race did to cascade... it only gets so black before it's burned. Charred's ok. If I wanted to taste something burned, I'd have dinner with my parents.

But yeah, the Bud Light comparison is fair. It's basically my Bud Light of the winter.

>unironically pretending that fermented cereal grains actually tastes good
>unironically tricking yourself into enjoying the unpleasant and bitter taste of grassy weeds all because of some neckbeards on beeradvocate

>tfw allergic to hops

I feel like I got fucked over so hard. I love the taste of beer but I can't even drink it.

... and I You'd myself...

This is the You I meant to You. Cheers!

Define light... Low cal? Low alcohol? Light colour? It's really going to narrow down my answer.

I've had spruce, heather, and hemp beers before. No hops... the hemp one was terrible, but there is hope.

I've literally never had a stout that was too "burned"

They're rare... I haven't had one off the shelf, but I've picked up a few at the micros/brewpubs here that must have been a test run of "How black is black?" One was called "The Abyss, Staring Back", comma and all. It must have been 50% black malt.

I think they're still good, maybe not as good as previous releases, but the price on them is absolutely insane. I was in San Diego two weeks ago and a six pack of 4.20.17 was $16. At their Escondido flagship restaurant it was I think $9 for a pint.

I do agree that 4.20.16 was amazing. That one still sticks out in my mind as being one of the top IPA's I've ever had. I also enjoyed the black IPA's and the unfiltered ones, though I can't remember the exact dates.

I guess low calorie/low alcohol since those are the ones that are cheapest at bars and such.

Probably Sleeman Clear

>unironically denying a multi-billion dollar industry built on the simple concept of supply and demand
>unironically shitposting in beer threads, a habit spanning several months at this point
>unironically cultivating a modus operandi, noted primarily for the use of greentext, preceding every line with "unironically" (despite any given statement being "unironic" by default, unless stated otherwise), constant references to Beeradvocate, and overuse of the word "bitter"

Here's your (you)

He moderates the Beeradvocate boards.

had this tonight and actually it was a good pale ale. picked it on a complete whim at the bar I was at.

You shouldn't drink nail polish remover, user.

It didn't have enough of an acetone touch to be one of my brews, I needed a reminder.

>unironically thinking that every post beginning with 'unironically' is me and that there aren't other anti-craft beer shitposters
>unironically engaging in an activity crafted by the ZOG to placate numale liberal twinks

Try old nation m43 when and if you do. Ne ipa's may be the new silly trend but damn it is good

If it is here to placate the numale twinks, are you just the bear this country needs to claim the fuckbois and solidify our march into the next thousand years of dominance?

Crooked Can's Cloud Chaser

It's not at all contrarian, it's completely correct.

Listen, Guinness was one of my gateway beers, and I won't drain pour it or anything. And it is better than macro adjunct nonsense. But it is absolutely bland and watery compared to, like, almost literally any other stout.

It's weird to go back to, because once I liked it, and a decade later now it just tastes like nothing.

That description is basically the same as Bomb! What's the difference?

If I was so poor I could only drink light beer, I'd save my money, and drink better beer half as often.

Been into the whole craft beer shit for awhile now. Finally getting around to trying this tonight for wrestlemania. Going to drink this, smoke a bowl, and maybe move on to old rasputin. Depends on how bad this mania is.
Any #goodbrothers in this thread? What are you guys drinking during this ppv?

that's a great quad. was planning to buy a few bottles and keep them in the cellar for a year or two, see how the flavor develops

I'm more of a fan of tripels, but I figured it's a beer I should really try regardless.

I prefer Belgian wheat beers desu

>unironically thinking wheat beer is good

As a homebrewer, I thought I didn't like wheat beers, too. Then I made a Belgian Wit using coriander and bitter orange peel and it was phenomenal. Very crisp and refreshing. It's a favorite that I do several times in the summer, now.

>unironically implying that I was implying that only one person on this board precedes greentext with "unironically" despite me ironically preceding all of my greentexts with "unironically"
>unironically trying to divert from the fact that your MO is visible in all of your posts

By your logic, craft beer enthusiasts are liberal numale twinks right? Well would you not agree that those working in the craft beer industry are likely to be bigger enthusiasts than pedestrian beer drinkers? Kind of contradictory when you're reminded that working in the beer industry can involve lifting 150 lb. kegs on a regular basis. Can't imagine liberal numale twinks doing that for a living.

>craft beer enthusiasts are liberal numale twinks right?
Pretty much.

Yes, only nu males can enjoy good beer.

>Thinks the pioneers and hardscrabble men who built america with their blood and sweat were drinking macro adjunct pisswater.

Prior to prohibition, every town and many bars brewed their own beer and they were more akin to craft beers than feminine adjunct carbonated water. Not only that, but many of the founding fathers brewed their own beer. So, which beer drinkers are the feminized pussies again? Better go get mammy to feed you your bottle of flavorless pisswater, faggot.

Those guys were Europeans.
Modern American men are safe space, liberal faggots.

>Carl the cuck
Keep /pol/ on /pol/

Seriously, I've never had a bad Mikkeller brew. Every dang one I've tried is awesome

Heh

Anyone doing the untappd thing?

Some guys I trade beer with do it. Personaly i dont see the point of combining drinking with pokemon for useless social wankery but to each his own.

I use it primarily to keep track of the now thousands of brews I've tried, I don't care much about the badges or whatever, but being able to go back and read my own thoughts on a given beer is kinda awesome

What possesses you to exert time and energy to shitposting in a beer thread when you could be in a thread about something you actually enjoy?

You aren't making points, you aren't attempting to persuade anybody, you are simply shitposting.

t.numale liberal twink that likes my ipas to taste like the sweaty armpit of my """""""""partner""""""""

Don't be a cockblock yo

Citrusy and not too overwhelming in the hops department, this brew makes for a refreshing and oh-so-slightly bitter beer that could probably win over even the most critical of beer enthusiasts.

Sorry the pic is sideways

eat my asshole liberal numale twink that enjoys good beer

Go back to /pol/, dickhead. We're talking about beer here

Sounds like a date

ITT

It's weird because in the USA 'craft' beer is associated with faggot, beta leftist hipsters who are trying to be contrarian with muh hoppy ale whilst in the UK it's associated with middle aged tossers with questionable personal hygiene and minimal social skills.
Either way, they're all a bunch of cunts.

>this amount of text
>all it says is "I'm pretentious because I don't enjoy bud light"
??????

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gruit

>middle aged tossers with questionable personal hygiene and minimal social skills.
Oi!

Funny that one of the few redeemable things your shitty little island has retained from the old days of the empire is so easily derided by the poulace. Good luck with your currency you shit.

Oh, and hand pulled ales from cellar casks aren't in every pub? It's just the tossers clamoring for it and it's only on skid row? Have you ever even been to Albion?

Craft beer is normie as shit. Its just random ass 20 and 30 somethings

Why the fuck did the store let you buy so much?

>normie
You mean liberal nu-males

The reason /pol/ is so triggered by liberal nu-males is that we're the mainstream

It's easy to forget on Veeky Forums but screaming cuck at people you disagree with isn't normal

What I am saying is that craft beer isn't one specific niche of 20 somethings, its enjoyed by white men of all political affiliations

Except the alt-right, apparently