Why was Dunkin Donuts west coast expansion such a big deal in LA? There were people lined up overnight...

Why was Dunkin Donuts west coast expansion such a big deal in LA? There were people lined up overnight. Dunkin Donuts fucking blows. It's like eating pre-packaged pastries from a grocery store.

Other urls found in this thread:

kore.am/the-back-story-behind-cambodian-owned-donut-shops/
story.californiasunday.com/ted-ngoy-california-doughnut-king
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because America, obviously

LA was excited to have a piece of local culture from a real city

it's shitty but it's good shitty: like a fecal transplant.

Those are all hispanic people.
Master race had nothing to do with this.

You're right though. Sweets are fucking terrible tasting and these are literal poison rotundas with a sugar glaze because of FDA regulations.

same reason "popeyes" has lineups down the street at their canadian locations: flyover hicks

idk, in my canadian city no one gave a fuck when some popeyes opened

but Popeyes Chicken is fuckin' awesome.

>master race

are you talking about when it opened in calgary? which is literally flyover country?

bc popeyes has been in toronto for like 15-20 years.

and the church's in midtown TO is a lot nicer than the one up on 8th in manhattan so it's not surprising to find lineups

all of canada is flyover country you braindead cletus mckenzie

fuckouttahere you're projecting that shit all the way from some podunk b-level "city"

>when youre so flyover you arent even on the flyover meme image

I order for Canada to be considered 'flyover', you would need a reason to fly over it.

most transatlantic flights fly over canada because they charge less per mile for traffic control compared to US

Theyre franchises instead of corporate stores for 1, so illegals have a high chance if employment there. Don't think that's a main motivating factor? Go to any DD, anywhere, and there will be Mexicans.

Secondly it's half the price of Starcucks, so...there's that.

You don't know OP? DD has had struggles opening in California for decades.

kore.am/the-back-story-behind-cambodian-owned-donut-shops/

Wrong.
Google 'great circles'
Get back and state the real reason for this.

> Go to any DD, anywhere, and there will be Mexicans.

This is true, though in my experience it is pretty much any flavor immigrant. I have never been to a Dunkin Donuts in NYC that wasn't staffed almost exclusively by non-whites. A lot of hispanics manning the the front and Mooslums running the joint. It's interesting now that you mention it.

More related reading on the California donut wars.

story.californiasunday.com/ted-ngoy-california-doughnut-king

>I have never been to a business in NYC that wasn't staffed almost exclusively by non-whites.

Fixed that for you.

Fair enough.

Marketing works, user.

this. i'd imagine LA laps up anything that the rest of america has to throw at them, being that they don't actually have culture.

I literally thought we had them already until I started hearing people make a big fuss about them moving here. Never had it and never will.

well maybe there is some sort of promotion, like free coffee and doughnut.

These people have nothing better to do, and social media can draw crowds fast.

Mostly Indians in my part of New York, also "non-muslim" Arabs. 2 big families own hundreds of FF franchises gas stations. The Al-Jamal and Nesheiwat, which are the same family, just different names.

LA is basically 50 suburbs that happen to exist side by side in a smog filled valley

Why anyone mistakes that flyover theme park for a city is beyond me

A city is a place where it takes longer to get across town by car than by any other form of transport

normies do that for everything, saw the same scene at the new panera in my town when it opened last week

LA is just an example of failed infrastructure built around businesses that need more employees than can live in the city. Also doesn't help that they voted for freeways over public transportation back then.

I'll take LA over NY any day though. It's so fucking claustrophobic there. There are like 4 ways out of the city, what the fuck happens when something happens and everyone tries to get out?

>There are like 4 ways out of the city
There are 10 connections to the mainland not counting connections to Brooklyn or New Jersey

Pretty sure anything bad enough to need to flee the city, you're dead before you even get to the nearest bridge. Or worst case, you end up in New Jersey and that's a fate worse than death itself

Just in case, I work at Dunkin' Donuts. AMA

its remarkable how much worse dd is than krispy kreme

In what terms? I've never been to krispy

maaaan.. getting a warm batch of some krispy kream donuts are better than sex. Melt in your mouth omg so gud

Jesus Christ how early do you get there?

literally everything. kk blows dd out of the water

Do they serve coffee? I work at Dunkin (((Me)))
And I've seen people order coffee from us after getting donuts from them.

They are both fucking terrible, people went crazy over KK when it first opened here, and then within 3 months everyone was like OMG that place is nasty. The donuts taste like they're moisturized with antifreeze

dunno, i grew up around dunkin and i don't care for krispy kreme at all. then again, neither chain has a presence where i live. it's all vietnamese/korean families running little kolache and donut places. oh, and shipleys.

it's a shame because it used to be pretty good even 20 years ago, but literally everything there sucks now including the coffee

I just go to McDonalds for coffee now

I live in Texas too :^)

is the face a meme or are you the "lol i report u" guy

in which case please stop stalking me

but yeah texas is a good place for decent donuts

IM
Neither weirdo

Saved for when any calishit starts talking about MUH IN N OUT in every fucking food thread

I'm not sure who to side with. On the one hand, literally all fast food discussion is subhuman

On the other hand, the irrational flyover butthurt about california is also pretty subhuman

Literally feeling inferior to a bunch of suburbs stitched together whose main claim to fame is celebrities getting into drunk car wrecks. This triggers indignant flyover diatribes

I'm gonna have to support in and out burger even though it's probably gross

It's worse than New Yorkers

New Yorkers are assholes, but NYC has a lot of history and very very culinary relevant, in regards to Veeky Forums

California just has a lot of those urbanites and suburbans kids acting high and mighty over something they have nothing to do with. Has nothing to do with inferior, that's something you injected in.

Because coasties are secretly the same as flyovers on the inside but don't want to admit it.

Ok, I'll try to remember that when you post a butthurt screed about "calicucks" invading and diluting your ... what is it that they even dilute? I was going to say "culture" but that's like saying a hole in the side of the international space station is "diluting" space

Best corner of the USA

America is fucking shit and your bland regurgitated culture is so homogenous nobody aside from you giant fat mouthbreathers can even tell the difference between you and the "flyovers" or any other part of your rotten country for that matter.

Thanks, you too

>calicucks
>doing anything other than smoking weed and wasting life
I didn't even mention anything about "invading" but that is absolutely telling, when that's the first thought you have in your head.

Shows how ""proud"" Californians are, that they are running away, what was your word, "diluting", how apt, everywhere else

Lol what are you even defending? Did you try to call someone else butthurt but fail to read your own posts before submitting? God I love this

And there's the butthurt screed, like clockwork

>god i love this

Really? How about you compare the fed dollars contributed for each dollar paid by state. You don't love truth very much.

>inb4 that's because niggers, desu.

Retarded rampant consumerist mindset. OMG new thing I have to try it we're so cool and hip trying new things!

Aka the ajewnda has been quite successful on the west coast.

there a dunkin near my apartment and a krispy kreme near my work top kek

Dunkin has improved. I had a bunch of DD's at las vegas when i was living there, and they had all that dry dry shit being sold in stores. the reason i moved to LA was because there was more than one place to get good donuts. I tried one of the new locations on a whim and was pleasantly surprised on how good it became. it's nothing special, but it BTFO's Yum yum/Winchell's

>the reason i moved to LA was because there was more than one place to get good donuts.

wow, what a believable reason to move to a city

im from philly and all of the dunkin donuts were staffed by pajeets. even up in neshaminy mall lo and behold there were poo in loos staffing the place. i think it's a state-wide conspiracy.

>Why was Dunkin Donuts west coast expansion such a big deal in LA?
Because people have short memories.

Dunkin Donuts left the California market in the late 90's and the last DD on the west coast closed in 2008.
>Not that anyone who lined up was old enough to remember it.
>If you tell people its New or Exciting you are almost guaranteeing success.

The only reason Krispy Kreme was so successful is the free donuts.

Krispy Kreme used to give away one glazed Donut to everyone in line when the "Hot Now" sign was lit up.

I remember trying to get donuts and people would be lined up out the door. Most of them didn't buy anything. They even had to put cones around the parking lot for traffic control.

>After they were caught inflating their revenues it seems like it was the beginning of the end
>They started doing half a donut when the light was on
>Then it was a small piece of a donut on a tooth pick for the light (like 1/8th of a donut)
>Then the sign simply meant "we are making donuts come and buy them"
>The lines got much shorter

>the reason i moved to LA was because there was more than one place to get good donuts

Why am I laughing so hard

>any other form of transport
What cities are there that you can walk across faster than it takes to drive? They would have to be pretty small. Even buses are always going to take longer than driving because they're on the same streets in the same traffic but they have to make stops too - brt combines the right of way requirement of light rail and the higher cost and much lower capacity of buses into a horrible meme transit system that's inferior to both, to get the "bus lanes" argument out of the way.

Needs Chicago

>what is a train
get a load of this capitalist pigdog

Hahhah angry mad gay flyover is mad lol

Because the only people who willingly move to LA are Mexicans and former New Yorkers trying to go Hollywood. And the second those jews thought they could get a taste of their old hometown, of course they went

>mfw calicucks fucked up their state and are now fucking up mine

Trump should be building a wall around California not Mexico

No, lots of dumb kids from the Midwest and South move to LA thinking that it's the place to be.