Lettuce?

is lettuce a meme?

I like the taste of fresh lettuce, but everytime I buy some lettuce for sandwiches, I never end up eating up all the lettuce before it goes bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giardiniera
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lettuce is pretty lame in general. Might I suggest alfalfa sprouts.

Yeah lettuce is pretty low tier (with iceberg actually being shit tier). Try fresh spinach.

I just eat it in front of the tv right off the head sometimes.

Do you even salad? Chop it up and put some olive oil and sea salt and tiny bit of vinegar and it's delicious all by itself.

Also, eat romaine lettuce, none of this iceburg shite.

I buy this goddamn overpriced fucking bitch and put it on everything because it actually tastes fucking awesome.
They recently reduced the amount in the (now smaller) package, but they kept the price the same.
I wish I could find this shit from another cheaper brand.. or just fresh would be even better.
I tried going back to a reasonably priced brand of mixed greens.. but they all taste like crap compared to this.

does alfalfa and spinach have that "crunch" that fresh lettuce does?

>is lettuce a meme?
memes are a meme.

I just want crunchy fresh veg in my sammich

Lettuce is for homos
Eat more napa cabbage

fresh sliced onions are underrated.
vidalia > red > yellow > white

pickles too

>napa

not everyone lives in califor-ni-a

I love me some onions.

pickles I feel wpuld be too overpowering of the flavors. this is not a burger.

I'm talking about turkey and cheese sandwiches here

Yes and no: spinach has less fibrous a texture and is less rigid, but it makes up for it in flavour and actually having a decent vitamin content to it. Sprouts on the other hand have an excellent crunch, but because they're individual strands you're going to have to work to layer them a little to get the same sort of crunch from a good leaf of lettuce. I'm overcomplicating it, but otherwise yes.

and if crunch is the goal, one can try cabbage.
I get shredded cabbage&carrots (for coleslaw) at my local market and use it in place of lettuce in salads and in an occasional salad. (shredded cabbage&carrots with a vinaigrette with plenty of herbs plus chopped tomato and peppers, yum)

Either dry or pre-dressed and tossed with oil and vinnager or dressing, the shredded veg has a kick on sandwiches. I could buy whole heads but i don't eat That much at once and there would be more wastage.

so what if, I sliced up carrots
and put them in said sandwich in lieu of lettuce

not a coleslaw fan

might be darn good. Personally I would shred them or julienne, thick pieces might be weird.

not all drowned in mayo or something, it's just how this mix is sold local to me. For me it's a little more expensive by volume compared to breaking down a whole head of veg but I don't throw away anything or feel the press to gnaw down a head of cabbage.

I love lettuce but even whenI getthe smallest available package of shredded, there's always like1/4 of the bag that turns white/brown in the fridge even after going through a whole loaf of bread. you can only fit so much on one sandwich.

heads of lettuce, even more gets wasted.

I personally love carrots and would be down with thicc carrots but never thought to try them on a sandwich

in a tangent inspired by carrots, Gardeinara (probably spelled wrong) or other crisp pickled veg. Probably just the thing for some sandwiches. I would assume you would need to chop them up a little, something of a mixed veggie relish.

Not a big fan of the mayo variety of slaw, but the apple cider vinegar slaw is the shit.

Regardless, cabbage is goat tier compared to lettuce. You can keep it in the fridge for a long time before it goes to shit, it's great in stir fry meals, and is awesome saute'd with some bacon, onion, and bell pepper. Not to mention you can turn it into sauerkraut.

Stuff's healthy, too....

according to google that is a flower

I would probably like coleslaw without the retarded sauce

just gimme the veg I'm not a condiment/sauce man

Gardeinara, there we go. italian pickled veg,

a Gardenia is a flower.

can you show me a pic?
google is giving me french websites and pictures of cats

Giarndiniera.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giardiniera

you don't pay me to spell.

kek
I don't pay you anything
but I appreciate your recommendations, thank you

so this "giardiniera" is basically a bunch of pickled peppers?

You might want to consider pickled carrots and daikon. They use it in vietnamese banh mi sandwich. Crunchy and tasty. But I'm not sure how well it goes with other sandwiches.

i mean i put it on sandwiches and stuff and its pretty good for a cheap salad

yeah agreed but I can never seem to finish all the lettuce before it goes bad

A head of iceberg lettuce is like 800 grams, if you don't finish it in 3 days your vegetable intake is hopelessly too low

Or you're eating more vegetables than just lettuce.

This sounds like a good idea actually. I like to eat out of a bag of baby cut carrots whenever I get munchies.