Burger seasoning

What do I use to season the meat before forming patties? Mine come out bland everytime regardless of toppings or technique.

Worcestershire Sauce, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, onions, ketchup and breadcrumbs

Handle the meat as little as possible. Add salt and pepper to the side being cooked right before you put it on, then add salt and pepper to the other side right before you flip. Use ground chuck so the fat gives it flavor.

Nothing.
I just cover a plate in whatever seasoning I want (typically applewood smoke rub), and coat the patties completely in it.
I tried adding shit to the meat, but it never helped and usually fucked them up if anything.

That's a meatloaf, not a burger.

He asked for a burger patty recipe, not meatloaf m8

Salt. The meat itself is tasty if yours isn't its 1 of 2 things.
Low fat
Low heat

Fix those and enjoy tasty burgers.

fags dont know a proper burger
on Veeky Forums
no suprises there

Can I add spices to the outside if I only have a stove to work with or will they burn and fuck it up? I'll have access to a grill in the summer, but unfortunately not here in my apartment.

Salt, pepper, garlic, and a single beaten egg per pound of beef.

Not in Europe it's not.
Though I'd skip on ketchup and breadcrumbs. Maybe add something spicy. Dried chili flakes or some kind of hot sauce.

You have to be a troll, right?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. For the love of all that is holy, DON'T PRESS THE PATTY. I know you want to, but don't do it. That juice that you see is the flavor leaking out of your burger.

you're the same faggot from the "mince" thread.
foreigners have no idea how to make a burger, get the hell out of here

>Europe
Figures. America is called burger-land for a reason user. We know what we're doing.

Add spices AFTER you form the patties or you'll fuck it up.

All you really need is salt and pepper though, just use more than you're used to. There's a reason people like McDs, they salt the shit out of their burgers.

You can and should press down on the party for the first 30 seconds when you put it in the pan. After that, yes don't press down.

1 pound of ground beef
1 packet lipton's onion soup mix
a few tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce

Best burgers you've ever had, guaranteed

how did you know it was me

Ground beef pot roast.

Anyone adding moisture into the meat is wrong.
Moisture causes steam which causes burger bloat.
If you feel you need a binder or your burger is dry buy higher fat content meat.

If you really want a spiced burger the best way to do it would be to add the spices during the grind like you do for sausage.

I mix my ground beef in a mixer with bread crumbs, eggs, some salt, and black pepper. If you want touch more kick, add red pepper as well. The bread crumbs and egg also help hold the patty together nicely.

Nice meatloaf meme

k retards, this isn't a steak, no seasoning is for plebs. Mix some spices whatever it may be into the ground beef as your forming your patty so the outside doesn't over char. Garlic and some spices burn too quick and it you won't get the benefit of adding spices. I usually just cayenne and some pepper and cut up onions and work it in. some lea and pearens worsheirser or however you spell it sauce as its cooking.

Cool meatloaf recipe bro

Is this the new meme

I pan toast the spices and work it into the fine diced onions....

Am I doing burgers wrong, Veeky Forums?

it's a lump of ground beef. Even say, a loaf.
it's just a meatloaf sandwich.

It wasn't intended to be, you clearly say that you mix spices and onions 'into the meat' and like says, moisture added into the meat causes it to steam, which would all be great for meatloaf but not for a fuckin burger.

I think the point is that if you rub it on or sprinkle it on the patty while it's cooking, it's gonna burn. So blooming it beforehand would work, if you then put it in the ground beef afterwards.

>lea and pearens worsheirser

You realize we're only talking about like a tablespoon's worth of Worchester Sauce, right? It's not going to make as big of an impact as you're thinking.

I used to use worcestershire all the time in my burgers. While the flavor was great they never got browned enough for my liking and only when I started using dry spice and no liquids did it make any difference.

Here's how you do the perfect burg:

Form the meat, only handling it enough so it's patty-shaped
Add a scant amount of butter to a hot cast iron skillet, barely enough to grease the bottom of the pan
Right before you add it to the pan, season with your favorite blend, patting it very gently so the spices incorporate into just the surface layer of the meat
While one side is browning, brush the raw side with mustard, then cook to your liking

>animal style burger

I see you're a man of culture

heres how i do it. I cut up mushrooms, some cheese, onions bacon and put it all in the burger. Make sure the burger is tight as a virgins pussy so that the ingredients don't fall out while cooking.

Next step is the seasoning phase. I add cayene, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper, salt, onion powder, some steak seasoning, brown sugar, and some dried basil. Then I marinate the burger in some Worcestershire sauce and texas pete.

Cooking phase:

After that I throw the burger in the microwave on high for 5 min. then set the power to 50% and microwave for another 3 min. Get some whole wheat bread and fold it in half and put the burger in it. put it back in microwave on 55% for another 2 min. After its done, add some ketchup and mustard and a leaf like lettuce or spinach and you're done. Best burger I've ever eaten.

>a single beaten egg per pound of beef
I tried doing this several times, and all it did was turn the mince into a disgusting gloopy mess.

When I make burgers I try to get the leanest mince I can find.
And add salt, lots of pepper, a little finely chopped onion, a couple of teaspoons of mustard (dijon is best but any will work), and a handful of crushed cream crackers.

>a tablespoon's worth of Worchester Sauce

I dunno man, that sounds like quite a lot. And that stuff is p. overpowering.
How much mince is that tblspn going in to?

I love cumin, it tastes so good in burgers. Also pomegranate syrup is amazing added to the meat. I also like coriander leaves thrown into it!

Lmfao