Omelette Thread

What are your favourite things to include in an omelette and why? I enjoy cream cheese because it adds more volume, sauteed onion for the texture, smoked ham for the salty taste and a tortilla cooked onto the top so I can fold it in half and eat it like a sandwich.

I like to caramelise a whole onion for around 20 mins then add my egg mix and top with a little sharp cheddar before folding

Chilli is really nice

Little bit of cream in with your eggs makes it puff like souffle.

I don't understand what you mean about tortilla?

Also cook it 50% in the pan, fold it and put it on the oven for other 50% still in pan

rate my spanish omelette.

would have been better with parmesan instead of mild cheddar but I had run out.

Can't believe I've never thought of caramelising the onion first, that sounds far better. But a whole onion? I suppose it would shrink quite a bit though.

Onions come in different sizes.

Just before the omelette sets completely on top, I put a tortilla onto it and allow it to cook into the omelette. I usually then fold it in half and toast the outside of the tortilla.

I like the inclusion of asparagus, any ingredient that you can just pour the eggs over in the frying pan is great.

Why is so bright yellow?

Probably filled with Kraft® singles.

This.
I don't think I've ever seen beaten egg that luminously yellow.
Have these chickens been gorging themselves on turmeric or something?

Fresh eggs my man.

that is an unusual looking chicken

capers and buffalo mozzarella

Cheese, cream, parmesan, bacon...thats it.

It certainly is.

Are you keto?

Anyone ever had sweetcorn in an omelette? Curious to try it.

A kind of omurice with rice, peppers, sweetcorn, tomato sauce and bacon in a simple, thin omelette made with just eggs, seasoning and a bit of strong cheddar.

Spam.
Cut it into little cubes and fry them first. As soon as they're starting to brown dump the eggs over them and let it do it's thing.
Works the same for bacon if you don't like spam.

Camembert.

Camembert omelette is the best omelette you'll ever taste.

Sausage, sirloin steak, boiled potato, and basically any other meaty things I have lying around as leftovers.
Chop and pre-fry everything, adding ham and bacon just before adding the egg mixture.
The eggs have a splash of milk in with them, along with salt, black/white pepper, and a few drops of worcestershire sauce. Pour the eggs over the meaty bits, stir, and divide as soon as it's solidified enough to do so. Flip the halves individually when the bottom is done, serve when the other side is done.
Easy, nutritious, uses up all the leftovers, quick to make, simple to eat, goes well with chips.

I don't usually add cheese; I eat red leicester, and that doesn't fry well. It goes all plasticky and shiny and just does not work very well at all.
It's fucking amazing if melted on it's own, though. Stringy like mozzarella, tasty like cheddar.

a little bit of cream or milk, chopped green onions, corn. After the omelette is finished I put tomato slices and queso fresco in the middle, then I fold it.

yeah, what fucking breed of chicken is that?

That's a fucking duck.

Dude I think your chicken has autism

>douse my cast iron pan in butter
>put that shit on the burner, maximum heat
>wait 5 minutes
>crack two eggs in a bowl, little salt and pepper, whisk
>throw it in the pan
>remove it 15 seconds later

perfect omelette.

Does anyone else not like cheese in their omelette?
I never use it.

My nigga

interesting, i do almost the same thing - whole onion and everything, but with jarlsberg instead of cheddar

i use cubes of chicken or turkey sometimes, works pretty well too

damn, gonna have to make one now aren't i

Western omelet is master race

onion spinach and cheddar.

Looks nothing like a tortilla de patatas. In fact, everything is wrong with it. It looks like a nice omelette though, certainly not Spanish.

No fucking way man. I know my quackers inside and out, and that's no quacker. That's a weird fucking breed of chicken

Potatoes and onions. There the perfect tortilla. Viva espana