Gulasch

My first try at an OC thread so take it easy!
Today im cooking gulasch. To start the sauce you need all the ingeredients i have pictured

Other urls found in this thread:

saveur.com/article/Recipes/Bavarian-Bread-Dumplings
cookpad.com/hu/felhasznalok/6675063
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Start frying off your meat and when it has gotten a nice flavour spice with paprika salt and pepper. Then add onion garlic and carrot.

>whatever is in the green-lid jar, tube and bottle isn't visible to the camera
D R O P P E D

After they have lost most of the water, add mustard and tomato concentrate. Let that cook off and then add your beer and let thr alcohol cook off!

Sorry dude, will keep it in Mind next time.
Now finally add your broth(that was the green jar!) and a can of chopped tomatos.
Now let it cook for around about 3 hours before adding the final touches.

looks like instant boullion and tomato puree

What type of beer? Budweiser Budvar?

Hello,
This is the best Gulasch! You can sooooo good Cooking! :*

It's clearly broth, beer and tomato purée you fucking retard.

>mustard in gulash
I have to say I'm sceptical

No it is hasselröder, but it dosent really matter. I have done it with all sorts, just not any kind of plastic bottle bum beer!

It is only ½ a tea spoon, and you cant really taste it when Everything is done.

Thanks dude!

Recipe looks good.

When is This ready?
I habe Hungry

If the thread somehow survives another 2 hours i will be adding some final touches that make it different to most, but my family/friends love it!

Ingredients:
500g gulasch
Salt, pepper, paprika
1 onion
1 clove of garlic
1 carrot
½ tsp mustard
1 tbsp tomato concentrate
300ml beer
300ml instant broth(vegetable)
1 can of diced tomato
1 glas 'putza salat'(a mix of pickled carrot, pickles and onion)
2 tbsp creme fraiche.

What cut of beef are you using?

Oh i forgot to say that it is pork.have never tried it with beef, but it wouldnt need to cook as long as. I am also not sure as i bought it advertised as gulasch.

>putza salat
That's Greek for penis salad

what's a gulash?

It's a bit like a Google.

This.

Always appreciate some OC. Does your kitchen smell good now OP?

>three cruddy pictures of a pot and still no finished dish

great thread, OP.

First try! And if you would have read the thread you would have read that it takes 2-3 hours and that i will post the next update when i do the final touches(at 5:30)
Smells great, not sure if my neighbours like it but i couldnt care less!

Not like he said it takes 3 hours or anything

Have added the pickeled peppers, carrot onion and pickles.
In 5 mins i will have the finisned dish!

Doing it in real time does not make it any more interesting.

I have also realised that i should have started the thread 2-3 hours in. Next time i will make sure to think it through better.

>pickles

interesting

I had never heard of it before, but i had a gulasch with it at a friends and it is a nice addition.
I then found this recipe and it has become my goto recipe for gulasch.

could you share the recipe you found?

Finished!
Hope the thread wasnt too bad, will be sure to do it better next time!

It's not Gulash. Not even close.

I know its not authentic but i would say it is a different take on the classic recipe.
Whatever it is it tastes good.

What are those balls?

potato dumplings, id guess, its what i usualy make with gulays

Shouldn't you give the meat a heavier sear than that?

Not potato dumplings, semmelknödel, not sure what thr english word is. Probably should have, but it didnt make it bad in any way.

>semmelknödel
ah, bread dumplings

Looks quite good. Might be dinner tonight.
Bavarian bread dumplings: saveur.com/article/Recipes/Bavarian-Bread-Dumplings (?)

I would make it differently, but Jesus Christ learn how to take decent pictures and get a tripod if you cant hold your camera still for a 125th of a second.

>thin and soupy
>no macaroni
>no cheese

This isn't goulash.

Probably can't find these pickled veg in my country (the states) is there anything special about their preparation, or could you just do a quick pickle or alternatively add the veg and/or a touch of vinegar?

Dumb flyover

Try it the czech/hungarian derivative next time, it's amazing.

Thanks, nice to know it wasnt too bad.

Post your recipe and i will do the next thread tomorrow.

Just take equal parts of pickles cut in small sticks, pickeled peppers, and pickeled carrot(also in small sticks). Give them a quick wash and add them within the last 10 mins.
The original recipe didnt have it, but i added it after i had tried it at a friends house.
I can post the original recipe as a link(its german)

I will search for a more authentic recipe tonight and i might do my next thread with it. Good idea!

Interesting. Easy enough. Please do post recipe or link. My German is rusty, but that's why Firefox has a translate plugin.

www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/1113761217428134/Brauhaus-Gulasch.html

In the comments you can see the suggestion with the can of tomato, i have done it both ways and with is deffinatly better.

Let me add, we need more recipes from the sites you all browse in your respective languages. I've found stumbled upon some really great stuff that I wouldn't have if I didn't venture outside English.
Thanks m8

I would say the same, to translate a recipe isnt hard, but to find it within a whole website wouldnt be too easy.
No problemo.

cookpad.com/hu/felhasznalok/6675063

Let me help you get started, came across this from a Hungarian poster, s/he said it's probably like a Hungarian "Allrecipes" -take that however you will-but from what I've browsed through there's some really tasty stuff.

>Post your recipe and i will do the next thread tomorrow.
He's talking about American "Goulash." It's just, like, ground beef with elbow macaroni and tomato. A Midwest staple.

I guess you cant read ironie.

I will take a look! My gf loves gulasch and i allways happy when i cook it.

Forgot to say, the site i posted is the german equivilant of allrecipes. There is alot of shit but some gold nuggets to be found within.

"ironie" doesn't translate well, I'm afraid.