Reminder that beans do not belong in chili

reminder that beans do not belong in chili

it's chili con carne

not chili con beans

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili_con_carne
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder that there's no law against having both meat and beans in chili.

chili without beans is just sloppy joe's

prove me wrong

oh wait.

There's no chili powder in sloppy joes, usually.

Proper chili has no beans?

no chilis in sloppy joe's

Proper chili has meat, at least two types of beans, onions, bell peppers, corn, celery, etc.
Take your sloppy joe mix somewhere else you savage.

Then what would meat with beans be called?
Carne con frijoles?

reminder that onions do not belong in chili

it's chili con carne

not chili con onions

Given than "Chili con carne" translates to "Chili with meat" wouldn't that imply that the beans are there by default and you're adding the meat?

I don't understand how the word "chili" implies anything about beans.

If you can have "X with Y," then you can have "X without Y," meaning that Y is not an essential element of X-ness.

>they had to specify on the can that there is no beans, meaning having beans is the default

checkmate chilibean deniers

Chili without meat is just a pepper.

So if you ordered Chili con Carne, and you were given a bowl filled with shredded beef and chili peppers, with no tomato sauce and no other seasonings, you'd be like "oh, yes, this exactly what I orderded, beef and peppers. This is what chili means."

Finally, an OP that understands

This
Or beer, or stock for that matter. No cumin, no paprika. Just chilis and MEAT, NOTHING ELSE. It's chili con carne, not chili con other shit.

The point was that Chili con Carne is not a separate dish called Chili with meat added to it. The tomatoes and seasonings aren't "there by default" and the beans sure as hell aren't either.

>The tomatoes and seasonings aren't "there by default

So the answer was "yes."
Yes, if I put a bowl of chili peppers and beef in front of you and called it "chili con carne," you would say, "thank you, this is exactly what chili con carne is."

To the rest of us, however, chili is a form of stew. There may be chili con carne, chili sins carne, chili verde, etc, etc.

>order a cheeseburger
>when it comes out, you scream in rage, "what the fuck is this shit?"
>"that's your cheesebur-"
>"not the burger, you ignorant trash! This," picking up the bun and squishing it in your hands, "this! What is this?"
>"a bun, sir"
>"I wanted a burger with cheese! Not a burger with other shit!"

Those are variations of chili con carne. There is no dish called chili, it is shorthand for chili con carne.

So it's sloppy joe + chili powder got it.

The can says it's a texas style chili, no body except the baiting troll who started this thread ever said there can only be one style. So stop feeding the troll.

Can you faggots ever stop being retarded? If you're southern it's just not possible so I understand.

>Chili con carne, commonly known in American English as simply "chili", is a spicy stew containing chili peppers, meat, and often tomatoes and beans. Other seasonings may include garlic, onions, and cumin.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili_con_carne

What in tarnation

You can chili con kiss my ass.

OP is a faggot

Enjoy your oats, tvp, sugar, soy lecithin and sodium tripolyphosphate

'Murrican "food" everybody! Thank the blessed baby jesus I live in the land of corporate freedom! God bless our food corporations and associated military!

this desu senpai

so the "beans" are just soy based vegetable matter and a binding agent. hahaha

I looked at the nutritional info for Wolf and Hormel brand chili and one was practically double to caloric and sodium intake of the other for the same volume. What the hell?

>order spaghetti
>"that's your pasta si-"
>"not the pasta, you ignorant trash! This!" picking up the meatballs and squishing them in your hands, "This! This! What is this?"
>"a meatball, sir"
>"I wanted spaghetti! Not meatballs and none of this other shit!"

Texan here.

Officially, chili can be beans or no beans when used as a main dish, however when used as a topping it must be no beans.

Thems the rules.

Cumin is actually one of the three traditional ingredients of chili, the others being meat and chilis.

I make refried beans and use them to thicken my chili and add more flavor
you can take that little tip home with ya just remember who taught you

Forever yours- G8rH8r

God no, it shouldn't have fucking tomatoes in it.

Well yeah, it's where you get that definitive "chili" scent.

reminder that chilis do not belong in chili

it's chili con carne

not chili con chili

Im from TX and Wolf brand with and without beans is acceptable and if you have something bad to say in front of us, we will shoot you, clean you, skin you, chop you up, and eat you.

It doesn't fucking matter.

>yuro food is different

only mexicans and inbred islanders like beans

>order a pepperoni pizza
>"that's your piz-"
>"not the pizza, you ignorant trash! This," scooping up the cheese and sauce, then squishing it in your hands, "this! What is this?"
>"The cheese, sir"
>"I wanted a pizza with pepperoni! Not a pizza with other shit!"

Alright you fucking tards. The earliest variations of the recipe didn't have beans. Different variations later on did. There are infinite variations that can be made with the dish, same as pizza, sandwiches, etc. There's no right or wrong ingredient, just different variations of chili. Some have beans and some don't.

/thread

The spaghetti and pizza ones were funny, got a chuckle outta me. The cheeseburger one... not so much.

>Corn
Fuck off burger.

The philosophy major is correct.

What? Is this a joke? Only Americans are allowed to make chili, and even then you have to be from Texas to make authentic chili

Are you dense?

>order Phillipino prostitute
>when it comes out scream in rage "what the fuck is this shit"
>"that's your Phillipino prosti-
>"not the Phillipino prostitute you ignorant trash, this! Picking up the penis and squishing it in your hands"this! What is this?
>a penis sir
>I wanted a Phillipino prostitute with cheese not a prostitute with other shit

Sure, but making a stew of chili peppers n whatever spices you find on the trail is harsh shit.
It's essentially an old timey hobo stew sans boot.

I hope you and your family are killed, gutted and bled out very soon. Beans are life.

All jokes aside folks, a good home made or restaurant quality chili with beans is great

But Wolf? Nah, love the stuff, IMO it's the best shitty convenience food you can buy, but you gotta go no beans, for some reason the kind with beans is just way too thick and the beans are gross

>grandma decides to make spaghetti one day
>no sauce
>rummages through pantry
>finds manwich sloppy joe sauce
>there'll be no difference
>bakes it just to make sure the dish it completely suffers
>lays on kraft single cheese slices at the end
>no one ate it
>not even my grandma

No but it doesn't imply literally anything other than spicy peppers and I'm pretty sure you add salt at the very fucking least.

its not chili without beans bitch you making sloppy joes dumbass

So, do you guys make your white bean chili with chicken or tuna?