So why don't you use a pressure cooker?

So why don't you use a pressure cooker?

What makes you think I don't? I have three. Fucking awesome.

What do you use it for? Stews?

Do I look like a terrorist?

Because I don't have a pressure cooker.

Hihg temperature desinfection.

...but I do?

What's the deal, did you just buy one and you now think you're some kind of brave individualist?

I don't like cleaning it. And I got sick of eating soups, stew, lentils, and congee. Got boring really quickly.

No. I actually wanted to make a non-fastfood meme thread and hear what people use their pressure cooker for. I should've known better.

Probably because I dont have one.

Because flyovers are retarded and think they're made by al qaeda to blow up their churches.

They use slow cookers.

I use it for canning, making stock, and plain beans. I prefer to use a dutch oven for stews or beans with meat.

i use my PC every day.

I've been curious about purchasing one for a while. Is there a real learning curve to using them?

Seems to be something more common for the home cook outside of the states. I don't know anyone who has one though that doesn't really mean shit. That, I've never reallybeen comfortable with trying one out, weary of kitchen explosions. May pick one up, but don't see anything it can do -albeit faster- than a Dutch oven

>weary of kitchen explosions
Sounds like you've had an exciting life. Unless you mean wary, that is.

I don't want to explode.

The modern ones have safety features. The Presto one I use with a weighted gauge has a hard rubber plug that will blow long before the lid. If you keep them maintained and don't overfill, there won't be any issues anyway. Replace rubber gaskets when they show signs of wear and keep vents clean.

>Is there a real learning curve to using them?
read manual and you'll be fine. get a presto 01370. oil the water, and brush oil on the metal lip of the pot, so the seal slides on smooth. and don't cook split pea soup in a pc.

Bought one a while back on a whim. Have only used it a few times, mainly for quickly pre-cooking vegetables before I roast them. Not sure what it's best use is. I assume it's great for quickly cooking potatoes though, but I rarely eat those.

Great for stocks and stews, I don't really use it much though since it takes a while to clean.

beans, stews, stocks

that's what I use mine for more often than not

I use mine for stocks and pulses mainly.

I have been using mine for lots of things but whenever I try to make a chicjen Thai green curry it comes out like a soup. I'm not adding water, only a tin of coconut milk, spice paste and maybe 1 potato.

I'm guessing the liquid in the potato and the coconut milk is just too much.

Not him, but I've had a lot of kitchen explosions and fires over the past 20 years of cooking. There have been 2 times when my beard and eyebrows were on fire and mostly burned off.

Don't make complete things in the pc. Quick cook the components that need it, then transfer cooked ingredients to a pot, add other ingredients, like more fragile ones, along with spices, and simmer.

>pressure cooker exploding

How retarded do you have to be to manage that

I have one from 30+ years ago that never did that

I'm certain I' m older than you, and I've never had a kitchen fire, let alone explosion.

For some strange reason, I suspect it had more to do with your beard and the fact you're an incompetent nu-male. I guess my most helpful comment will be, "see you at the craft brew shithole." Oh, shave, too. You look like shit.

I do though,

makes texas chili in 8min
Makes beans without soaking in 1hr
Makes pot roast dinner in 35min
Makes squash, ribs, and cheesecake.

Get the largest one you can afford, the extra room is awesome in my 7liter futura model.

Pic related, homemade chipotle burrito bowl in 1hr, 1 hr of waiting. 2/10 difficulty.

frightens the shit out of me and I wouldn't know how to use it anyway. any other questions?

You should spring for an electric one. Way less fiddly so you'll actually use it regularly. Only thing to keep in mind is they don't usually hold as much pressure as the stovetop ones, so you have to add time to recipes based on those.

that looks disgusting

Not a fan of beans?

Because those dishes would be best made on weekends. Weeknights i'm looking for quick and simple. Stews and chilis for example.

>less fiddly
>have to adjust every single recipe

hmmmmmm...

>Have guard at the clinic the next day
>The School's CEYE is already closed
>Put your instrumental in disinfecting bags
>But bags in a rack
>Add a but of water to the cooker
>Put everything inside
>"Blue turns black when exposed to vapor"
>Close the SlowCooker
A few hours later
>Open
>It's black
>Go to guard
>Never get to use any of the instrumental

Why am I required to bring a sterilized 1*4 to a radiology guard is beyond me

Thai curry is supposed to have a runny consistency

Actually, stews are the one thing I don't use pressure cookers for. It's too hard to judge doneness.

I use them for making stock, pressure canning, beans, and pot roasts.

Anyone have any experience of a low pressure pressure cooker?

I saw an infomercial about one that pressure cooks, steams, slow cooks, and is also a rice cooker. Thing looks dank and it was 90 bucks for the 6 qt. They have various ones on amazon, but fuck those shills, I want shitty co/ck/ opinions.

>stand around stove waiting for pressure cooker to reach pressure, fiddle with burner until it holds at pressure, set the timer, then check it every 10 minutes to make sure that it hasn't started blowing like a bugle or losing pressure
vs.
>Set pressure cooker timer to recipe time + 20% and hit start button.

I suppose if I was incapable of basic math, the second would sound more fiddly, but you should just get a calculator in that case.

I've never used one personally, but I have a few friends who have them. My main complaint is that they're too damn small. My main uses for the pressure cooker are making large batches of stock and for pressure canning, and there simply isn't enough volume inside for those tasks (plus, I'm not sure they even can be used for canning purposes).