Useless Kitchen Tools

Let's post pics of worthless kitchen tools.

People fall victim to these gimmicks every day to just throw away their hard earned money.

I'm going to start with the knife block. 90's of those knives will either never be used, or will be used for improper applications.

90% is what I meant to type, my hands got the best of me.

I've got a wooden knife block, but it only has room for maybe 8 knives and a honing steel. There's literally nothing wrong with a knife block.

Just use your hands, it's much easier plus you can feel the grisle and remove it.

If you say so. The block in the OP post is outta control, who needs 8 steak knives plus all those extra knives, whatever they may be.
Chef knife, paring knife, boning or fillet knife plus honing steel is all you really need out of that entire block for food prep. Steak knives are for eating four of them max is all you need.

I guess the people of user fall for this crap since nobody seems to find many kitchen tools useless.

Great dildos actually

This has a (1) use.

Oh lawd. At this one.

I disagree. That wood block probably also has a bread knife, cleaver, kitchen shears, and a turning knife. Which are all useful (maybe not so much the turning knife though).

Honestly, if you have the skills (basic skills really) one only needs one knife.. An 8-10 inch chef knife.

The fuck?

For me, it's the McMuffin

That's like saying the .50 cal is the only bullet you'll ever need, or the semi truck is the only mode of transportation necessary. Pick the right tool for the job. I'd take a chef knife over a musubi though.

Love that those steak knives are facing blade down in the block.

Also, most worthless kitchen gadget? The avocado saver. Who eats just half an avocado? If I've got left over avocado, skip dessert, I'll just eat that.

>Not throwing it in the compost heap where it belongs.

motherfuckin garlic zoom, lads

You can put bugs in there.

Good to know, bud!

Also, herb scissors.

My sister got me one of these.

It's alright, stopped using it after like 3 uses,

Forks are a thing too.

I can't imagine what all those knives do.

But not all blocks are created equal. There are more logical options than the one with 27 knives.

Chef, pairing, bread, boning, shears, cleaver all together ergonomically stored on your top ready for action is not a bad thing.

Oh c'mon.

Herbs are the easiest thing ever to mince.

Why are these bad? I saw one in store for like 20 bucks and I kinda like the idea.

Alton Brown is coming for you. You can't stop it from happening.

Elaborate.

You can't be serious?!?

Alton Brown, a very well known TV cooking personality, is (in)famous for his hatred of single-purpose cooking tools which he refers to as "unitaskers".

Ashens does a review for this piece of shit

Stanley knife, putty knife and letter opener

I'm the type of guy that uses a single knife for everything... I never got that meme that you have to use 32 knives to chop up each of your 32 ingredients.

One proper knife that's properly taken care of over 32 dull as shit knives...

... The Chinese are with me on this one...

Yet another product that solves ONE problem and is useless for the rest... FORKS FTW

Think of that thing vs doing it yourself with a pan... Not only does your pan fulfill many more tasks... but i'm also 107% sure that your pan is much easier to clean (regardless of what the infomercial tells you)...

If you know someone who owns a waffle iron, ask them how often they use it...

Tbh we use our waffle iron every weekend lol

I understand the "unitasker" argument, but what do you recommend making waffles with if not a waffle iron?

Isn't a waffle just a waffle because of the pattern?

and he hates unitaskers because he is one.
all he can do is be a shitty tv personality

I really like my toaster though.

The increased surface area gets it crispier than something like a pancake.

Why would someone want a product that makes your food an unappetizing as possible

My wife bought me one of these, and it has been used precisely once to humour her.

You are a good husband.

I certainly try.