What does cilantro taste like?

What does cilantro taste like?

I have that gene where it just tastes like dish soap.

Some kind user, please let me live vicariously through your description.

Uh, what?

What's not to get?

The second sentence. What on earth does that mean.

tastes like fresh cut grass. a lot of laundry scents sort of mimic the smell so consider drinking laundry detergent

fuck cilantro

google it, even though it's common knowledge.

The US would've been so much better off with Jeb. Fuck Trump

It tastes a bit like soap but if you add it to the right food stuffs (currys) your brain eventually registers it less and it's not only tolerable but nice. Once the novelty of a food is gone your brain doesn't register the flavour with such a strong imprint. It's something that retarded internet experts always fail to notice.

Does it smell like soap too? If not, it tastes like it smells.

It tastes like feminine parsley.

So like a soaped up transsexual woman's love log?

slow and steady friend

this is pretty accurate

Cilantro always has a soap quality to it, it's just that you lack the ability to taste the other flavors it also has. Taste is not something I can really describe verbally without a direct comparison to something similar though, so I can't really help you.

Tastes like coriander

It has a very soapy taste, yes...

But then again, you usually mix it up with something spicy (eg. in a curry). Just use with moderation, or your dish will taste like soap.

Fresh basil is much the same to work with... On its own, it has this very soapy/perfumey taste and smell, but add it to eg. a good bolognese sauce, the soapy/perfumey taste disappears, and is taken over by something else (tomato and garlic taste)

is this a meme
cilantro definitely tastes nothing like soap to me
like I get what OP is saying, I know about the genetic side but like is there some middleground

like do some people taste in-between or what, this shit tastes and has never tasted like soap to me, I eat a lot of cilantro though

No, there's no real in-between.

It's like parsley mixed with lemongrass.

You know what it tastes like, you just don't like it. The genetics theory for disliking coriander only proposes that some people are more sensitive to the soapy taste, but everyone else tastes that too, they just don't find it as aversive - kind of like how some people can't appreciate strong flavors like olives and blue cheese.

>only 2 years until the primaries start again
we're all gonna make it brehs

Olives and blue cheese don't taste like literal dish soap though. Unless you're telling me you don't mind chugging that?

let them meme

Parsley with a sprinkling of lime. I just tried it. Exact same flavor.

Just a tangy herb flavor, think bay leaves but more sour and less complex.