Finnfag posting here

Finnfag posting here.

What does Veeky Forums think about Finnish foods? I personally like meat pies, Karelian stew and Karelian pastries the most out of all the original Finnish foods that exist.

mammi :DDDDD

I've only eaten one thing from Finland. Her name was Aliina.

My Finnogolian roommate always gobbled down canned fish which smelled like it was from 1850.
Also he couldn't cook for shit so I have no I idea about Finnish cuisine.
What would be a dish thats accessible for central europeans?
I live in Germany so it would be hard for me to get exotic rotten fish ingredients.

When I think of finland I think of people dressed in drab clothing inside a small log cabin all huddled around the fire eating lutefish and potatoes while not saying a word to each other.

I see you guys have cabbage rolls

I've lived in Finland for about half of a year and I haven't come across anything that has really stuck out as really bad

>finnish foods
Snow and frozen russians?

OP, you have some explaining to do....

It's what he eats when he runs out of sand nigger dick. Gotta get his daily dick

>fish cock
>does not contain cock

>varusteleka

Lihapiirakka with 2 nakkia inside it is bomb and the pinnacle of hot dogs

I went to the Fazer HQ in Helsinki today and the food was great, Finland easily has the best food from all the nordic countries

What the fuck is up with Nordic countries and fermented fish? I've had the displeasure of being within 6 feet of someone who tried Lutefisk and it was honestly one of the single worst experiences of my entire life. Smelled like death, looked fucking repulsive; who in their fucking right mind would willingly consume something like that? Same shit with surstromming or whoever you spell it.

Does Spurdoland have their own vile variation of this garbage? Please tell me no.

Lutefisk is cool, what you really want to avoid is Surströmming. That shit's fucking vile, and that's from a Swede.

>What does Veeky Forums think about Finnish foods?
I don't think about finish foods at all.
Saying that, I was in finland once, and had this super fucking nice beetroot salad thing. It was like yogurt or mayo mixed in with thin strips of beetroot. No idea what its called, but it was super nice.

>What the fuck is up with Nordic countries and fermented fish?

Seriously? Fish was one of the few readily available foods in that area. Fermenting is a common means of preserving food, especially from the days before refrigerators were invented. It makes perfect sense that people from Nordic countries fermented fish to preserve it. They also smoked it, dried it, salted it....

punajuurisalaatti

I've had pasties before (awesome) how do your so called meat pies differ Finn bro

Post pic of aliina

Just salt it? Why do you need to ferment it in order to preserve it? Why would you deliberately make something intensely off-putting when you can just....not, and get the same result of being able to eat it in the future?

What's that stuff in the yellow and blue box you have? I thought it was Maemmi, but I was wrong.

>Why do you need to ferment it in order to preserve it?

It's one of many methods that got used. Fermentation has the benefit of being cheaper than salting, not needing multiple soakings in clean water to get a usable meal out of your preserved fish, and changing the taste as well.

>>make something intensely off-putting
It may be off-putting to you, but that doesn't mean it's off-putting to everyone. Many cultures worldwide use fermented fish products to this very day as a condiment. Ever had Worcestershire sauce? Yeah, that's made from fermented fish.

Fermentation produces savory tasting compounds (like naturally occuring MSG). It tastes good, though you're correct that the smell can sometimes be off-putting. It's no different than Asian fish sauce though: smells awful, but tastes nothing like it smells.

>What the fuck is up with Nordic countries and fermented fish?
Fermentation is controlled rotting. It's a preservation technique in comparison to uncontrolled rotting.

>I've had the displeasure of being within 6 feet of someone who tried Lutefisk and it was honestly one of the single worst experiences of my entire life.

Lutefisk isn't fermented, it's dried but the fat goes rancid and has to be removed with lye.

I remember once being in a class where the professor brought in some dried fish from Iceland. It looked like fish jerky. I took a small taste and for the next day my body oozed fish odor.

Meatpie in Pic. can cast a bit of light to your question about the differences, but I do not really know are the "finnish" meat pies actually from finland or did they originate from somewhere else like our eastern neighbor. All I really know that there are majorly round ones (pic. Related) and these large half-circle shaped ones they serve at these proper grills which are real good. My favourite one of those is with cheese, a hotdog or sausage, pickles and ketchup, but you can pretty much stuff those things with anything else that suits your preference and it will be tasty.

It's called "kalakukko" and is basically fish and possibly carrot covered up in rye bread dough and baked in a oven. (I beleive so atleast) Most likely an Finnish invention, the product naming in english was not just thought out well...

Oh. Huh. So nothing at all like a pasty then

Does anyone remember me and my glorius finnish school food pics threads?

>body oozed fish odor

Wow, I'll wager the Finnish lesbians were crawling all over you.

russian here, thank you very much for this being a thing

It was some time ago, before smartphones. I hardly remember what she looked like. I remember she tasted kinda fishy, tho.

All this talk of fish is putting me off my dinner

and those as well. That beautiful crystallic sugar shell and the sweet fire inside. Consume with hot black tea to ignore the shabby chocolate part, and it's 10 out of 10

Yes but that's because you're an idiot

never had finnish food but I'd try it
viddu :DDD :D

These are God tier.

Spotted the finncuck

I thought Finns got all their sustenance from Spurdo memes

Hunfag here.
I made karjalanpiirakka on the previous spring, and is was surprisingly good, not as bland as it looks. Saved other Karelian recipes too, but haven't tried them yet.

Remember to make egg butter (?) to go with karjalanpiirakka

I did that too.