Favorite Spaghetti Sauce

> inb4 I made my own from heritage tomatoes in an authentic antique fashion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HP9doLye26I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For me, its the spicy mcchicken

I mash fresh tomatoes with my unwashed feed in the middle of a dirty street, as per Italian tradition.

they all taste the fucking same anyway

I unironically prefer jarred to fresh homemade sauce.

A sauce made from high quality canned tomatoes is better than a jarred sauce because you can decide what goes into it, and make it to your own personal tastes. Plus, I enjoy cooking, especially making sauces. Obviously, a sauce made from fresh tomatoes is the option, but that just isn't viable for most people for most of the year.

My favorite is Newmans mushroom marinara

the best* option

The standard by which all are judged;

This is the best sauce I have had in a jar, without a doubt. Costs like 7-8 bucks though
Giada's and Mario Batali's sauces are actually pretty great, if overpriced
But my go-to is Prego. Emeril and Newman make a decent sauce but it's not much better than prego and are much more expensive

Marie taught me how to make the best sauce

Pretty sad desu

bait and memes aside, who here routinely makes their tomato sauces from scratch? I'm curious.

Control your autism, there really isn't that much to "go into it", you sound like one of those people who puts fucking onions in the marinara sauce
Not bad, Michael's is a bit better. Prego and Newmans are gross dude

I just buy the cheapest, blandest one and add a shitton of fresh garlic and basil, red pepper flakes, onion powder and some olive oil to it. And some pasta water too.

Low sugar content. Anything over 5-6 grams of sugar for a 1 lb. jar is just too sweet for me.

A bit pricey though at $5 a jar.

mcdonalds szechuan sauce

in all seriousness I unironically grow two heirloom tomatoes: brandywine pink and little yellow pears. i keep them about a few dozen yards apart and let a few fruits each season rot on the ground, and then i get volunteers the next season.

i blanch them, simmer with red wine, molasses, sautéed yellow onions (garden onions) and garlic, salt, black pepper, and dried red pepper flakes (also from my garden)

fuck me forgot to mention the basil and oregano also from my garden

Post a good recipe for homemade 'mato sauce!

I do, but mainly because I produce them on one of my farms so they are technically free for me. Im just used do "pasta Sundays " and usually experiment with the sauce, and at least once a month It is a variation of some tomato based sauce

If you don't' make your own spaghetti sauce, you're a little gay cuckboy. That is not opinion, it is FACT. Tomato sauce is piss-easy to make, anyone who says they "don't have time" or "can't afford to do it" or whatever their lame excuse is, is fucking WORTHLESS in the kitchen.

>thinks there's not onions in all his shitty jarred sauces

Hey brosef, here's a tip, when the ingredient list says "spices" there's fucking ONION in there.

post your spaghetti sauce recipe now

Marky Ramone's Brooklyn's own was the best.
He went out of business though
rip

>he doesn't sweat the yellow onions then process them in the cuisinart before adding to the marinara

I hope you didn't make it on a stove built by someone else.

How fucking hard is it to make a fire? You don't have TIME for it? You're a piece of shit cuck.

I make my own tomato sauces from canned tomatoes because it's easier to by a whole bunch of canned tomatoes that will go into various dishes than buying marked up jars of tomato sauce that are only good for italian pasta dishes.

I tried making sauces from scratch. The tomatoes in my area that were cost-effective to make sauce out of were too acidic and lacked flavor compared to canned varieties.

I usually get the traditional Ragu or Barilla spaghetti sauce but lately I've been thinking about trying pic related (not necessarily Classico but the four cheese sauce) are the four cheese (or cheesy in general) sauces good?

I wanted to try this too since i've got a herb garden in the works. Any basic recipes anyone can recommend?

Honestly after making tomato sauce for the first time, I legit can't stand store bought unless its being spread extremely thin on a pizza.

Even then I usually regret my laziness

tomato
salt
pepper
oregano
basil
onion
garlic
parmesan

Neato thanks user.

np. i throw a bit of brown sugar in too for sweetness.

brunoise your onion, saute with chopped garlic until translucent
add diced tomato, mix, reduce on low heat
add oregano, basil, brown sugar
puree to sauce, add cheese after cooling, salt +pepper to taste

Thanks again, i'll try hold out until i can use my own plants but i don't think i'll be able to.

pregos tomato garlic and basil

heads up GOAT sauce coming through

No.

The reason dumb guidos put onion in the sauce is the same reason they put sugar or ketchup in there. January tomatoes taste like ass and lack sugars. It's because they are stupid fucks who don't know anything about food, and they think "I made it from scratch in January" is something to brag about instead of just a red flag that you're a fucking moron who shouldn't be allowed near sharp objects or fire without adult supervision.

They saw a Martin Scorcese movie where Al Pacino put onions in the sauce while he was in prison or some shit, and they took that as gospel.

Stop pretending your "Made it from Scratch" is in any way better than shit from a jar.

No. No they fucking don't you pleb. A lot of them vary on sugar content, and sweet sauce is fucking disgusting.

Also canned spaghetti sauce is barbaric.

ITT: idiots that buy jarred sauce that sits around in UV light for months

This really is a terrible board.

I get the same brand only the garlic shit because it's moderately priced. Ragu and Prego taste like they dump sugar into it.

Mushroom prego sauce with a tiny bit crushed garlic if I just want some good old fashioned spaghett

low sodium paesana. prego traditional is truly disgusting.

My nigga

>Typical gayboy analogy

>this much posturing

Why don't you just admit you have fucking shit taste and can't cook, instead of trying to justify your shit taste and inability by posting some convoluted FUCK of an excuse. Onions are god food, and they are in your shitty jarred sauces..

I came here to post this. You are an enlighten and educated man.

I fucking swear by those cans. usually go two cans of that with plus an extra standard jar of sauce to make that good cush dank gravy with browned sausages and homemade meatballs.

Made a big pot just yesterday actually.

I make mine from complete scratch 9 out of 10 times....the store bought stuff isn't bad to be honest, I just hate how fucking sweet it is...

If those weren't so expensive I'd eat a can a day. Don't know how you can make a tomato taste like that. Then you get to drink all the juice after

>They saw a Martin Scorcese movie where Al Pacino put onions in the sauce while he was in prison or some shit, and they took that as gospel.
This was the weirdest part of your incoherent rant.

>canned sauce sweet

They use the shittiest out of season tomatoes so they have to add a fuckton of sugar and sodium to have it taste like anything at all.

All corporate canned marinara sauce is absolute garbage. But they sell because we're some of the laziest fucks on earth when it comes to cooking.

this, if not prepared this way you CANNOT call it tomato sauce.

Nigga you can't post shit like that without posting a recipe, I think it's a law or something.

>mommy mommy I can boil tomatoes in a pan!
This is how retarded you sound

>Trying to make fun of user for being a child while using "mommy.."
Maximum ironing. You're either twelve or an idiot furthermore, your ranting and shitty insults don't change the fact he's right. If you're going to get mad at people who can cook, why are you on ck?

Yo. Made a nice sausage and roasted veggie ragu last week. The process is so simple I don't get why most folks dont do it.

Thanks for proving you're a complete retard in the kitchen. Go back to nuking your tender and stfu.

This

Seriously, what is it about steak and spaghetti sauce that makes people so obnoxious and opinionated?

Is it because this is the first thing people usually try when they venture past the "I put sriracha in my maruchan" level of cookery?

If you are going to go jar... Newmans own basil is the best I've found in a jar.

>says the tardy who prefers jarred sugar sauce to homemade.

Your opinions are worthless. No one cares about them anymore.

"Prefer" is a pretty strong word. They're essentially the same quality level and therefore it's a preference based on logic. It makes no fucking difference unless you think Prego garbage is normal. The only time I bother making it in a pan is when I want scarpetta-style with insane amounts of basil.

Well, thanks for declaring yourself stupid as shit.

See you in the steak thread!

Since you're asking a legitimate question I'll ignore the yet another child tier insult. People get work up about it because they're basic cooking skills that anyone can learn and people just refuse to because they think people who cook food properly are obnoxious. Also, a lot of people can very easily distinguish between premade shit (like sauces) and even the most half assed of homemade stuff. Sure it's just easier to buy a jar of pasta sauce and I'm sure every here does it, but the time investment to make your own is so minimal you may learn and do it.

>canned tomatoes are not "premade shit" but jarred sauce is
I realize you're trying to "help", but you should try to learn more about how canning works.

Chefs from Buffalo NY

top kek

youtube.com/watch?v=HP9doLye26I

I used to eat the canned but after making my own I cant go back. the canned sauces are too sugary.

i use can of crushed tomatoes along iwth can of tomato paste

I'm not the same user you're arguing with about the canned tomatoes but even they would be better to start with and add to than a premade jar of pasta sauce mate. Using fresh tomatoes being the best is just a given.

why not just read the ingredients instead of complaining about "the canned sauces"? it's not some huge mystery what's inside. the words are right there on the label.

Do they can them by putting unnecessary amounts of added sugar in it?

>Using fresh tomatoes being the best is just a given.
user. Learn about seasons.
Do you read the ingredients when you buy stuff, ever? Are your eyes broken?

Holy fuck I'm going in circles
>Using canned
>Not using fresh
>Fresh is best when it's applicable
>Omg seasons, not using canned
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bertolli and Newman's

>Career chefs using dried herbs/spices
Good video user but shit this irks me for some reason.

I make OMG FROM SCRATCH SO HARD when it's like august. The rest of the year, I use jars, because that's how seasons work. And the miracle of jars is that they have labels with words. You should check some time. Ask an adult to read it for you if you need help.

Are you autistic? It's funny you write the adult helping me to read remark when you're sperging out at me for essentially agreeing with you. No more replies for you shitposter.

Top fucking Kek

You must be someone else. You were earlier going REEE JARS BAD BECAUSE PRE-MADE HAS COOTIES

Canned tomatoes are NOT AT ALL like jarred sauce. I have a can of Hunts organic crushed tomatoes right here. The ingredients are as follows " tomatoes, tomato puree, salt, citric acid". And I can give you the nutrition values if you want as well. Now go read your label of shitty jarred sauce. I'm guessing there's more than 4 ingredients in it. Canned vegetables are NOT the same as canned/jarred premade sauces or meals. Totally different animals, other than they both use a specific type of preservation method.

Tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt.

>citric acid

I like how you're trying to be a snob about this. Citric acid, in your food. For what purpose?

in my defense I just thought that was a pretty good intro. If you watch other stuff he has on the channel he does use fresh herbs and even has videos on how to make your own herb garden.

Point well taken, though

At this point, steak threads and pasta sauce threads should be banned.....just brings out the same 3 or 4 autist having their circle jerk fight every few days

Arrabbiata >>>>>> Marinara

Why the fuck would you make sauce when you can just use ketchup

Oh man, definitely not having a go at you, because it's still almost exactly what I'm looking for it's a minor thing I can can pretty much work out what "italian herbs" will be. Thanks for posting it.

citric acid is basically fucking lemon juice. It's an acid preservative (of color and flavor), and completely natural. If you don't know that by now, you're hopeless.

And what brand would that be? Unless you list the brand and "flavor", I'm going to assume you're lying. Also, who the fuck doesn't want control over how much seasoning and oil is in their sauce? How much of a pussy are you that you can't make a sauce yourself with those ingredients?

>Ketchup
>Not using BBQ sauce for an authentic Italian cuisine experience
Fucking plebs in this thread.

I put it on pizza too.

I only make tomato sauce when the farmers market sells tomatos. During the winter I always buy tomato sauce.

Citric acid is added to canned goods like tomato sauce to bring the PH below 4.6 where the bacteria that causes botulism can't survive and multiply.

>guys, I need lemon juice in my sauce because I use sub-standard tomatoes!
Ok
A brown guy at the farmer's market, I assume he's hmong or something along those lines. I'm not sure what you mean by "what flavor"? It's fucking spaghetti sauce, not toothpaste. Is this a white trash thing? I'm starting to see the picture here - you live in a food desert and "pre-made sauce" to you means some kind of scary thing with HFCS and "natural and artificial flavors", perhaps made by Mondelez or Cargill. I'm very sorry about that, but please try to understand that things get in a jar because someone puts them in there. Same as with your can of magical tomatoes. In the same way that you found a can that happened to contain tomatoes, tomato paste(?! why both? what does the 'tomato paste' have?) and citric acid, and for reasons that are beyond the scope of this discussion, found that acceptable, you can also find a can that contains tomatoes and the ingredients for spaghetti sauce.

bullshit.
they use canned san marzano tomatoes in italy at any place with really great tomato sauce... it's just the way to get the sauce just right.