American BBQ general

ITT: American BBQ

Just got a 22.5" WSM.

What am I in for?

that looks weird buy tasty.

Just practicing trussing with slipnots, heh-heh.

Why is this called "american" bbq?

We do that same shit home in canada.

You boys smell that? Smells GUD!

because we can actually raise livestock here

North Carolina barbecue is the best I've ever tried. Pulled pork with tangy vinegar sauce, slaw, and hush puppies. Served either on a plate like pic related or on a bun for maximum comf.

Because American BBQ has been perfected and leafs will never make it as good as us. Enjoy your syrup and gravy fries.

That looks delicious.

Texas is the only state with real BBQ. Get your vinegary ass out of here.

I've never been to Texas, what do ya'll have down there?

Um I disagree. American BBQ means any form of BBQ there may be different variants not just texas, shill.

the best brisket in the world
your wrong. you want vinegar you might as well go up to yankeeland. heard the pansies like the weather getting warmer, you'd fit right in.

It's one of the best charcoal smokers, but, in my experience charcoal smokers always seem to be just enough of a pain in the ass that I rarely use them. If you're starting out, I'd recommend one of those cheap propane smokers tthat's basically just a steel box, a burner and a wood chip holder.

But now that you've got it, you should definitely hit up youtube for videos on how to use it. Charcoal is a bit tricky in that you have to restrict the airflow to keep the temp low, but not so low that it'll go out.

Also, don't bother with those super-long smokes for brisket and pulled pork. Just run it through one cycle and then finish it in the oven.

Finally, don't use mesquite.

okay tex don't get your assless chaps in a twist

That Salt Lick? Burnt ends there are so damn good. Meat candy.

don't ya want to smoke for awhile to get a signature smoke ring on the meat.

ones like these... they're really good.

oh shit son, lived 20 minutes away from Allen and Son's BBQ and can attest, this is the greatest form of pork known to man. I always enjoyed how greasy the joint was to eat in, too.

I lived in West Texas for a bit and enjoyed pulling up to a BBQ, getting out my wax paper and ordering from the grill spread. I like how yall do grilled peppers and brisket.

>Texas is the only state with real BBQ

A true BBQ fan appreciates any good BBQ, be it brisket, pork, chicken, ribs, whatever, it's all good.

Alligator meat is fucking good.

Not that user, but yes, you do.

However, after your meat gets to about 147 or so, you don't get much more out of the smoke, so you can go ahead and stick it in the oven.

I agree. tried it at the MN state fair once. it was deep fried and all.

Who here /kansascity/? I fucking love Gates, it's the only majority-black place I ever willingly visit.

is that pic - related? if so, how much does that meal cost?

I got that pic from Google but it is from the restaurant I am talking about. I know you can get a huge plate with 4 ribs, brisket, ham and fries for $21. You can get sandwiches with beef, ham, turkey or pork for $7-12 and they have generous portions of meat. They also have sausage and chicken. Pic related is a catering plate they serve, also from Google.

Their barbecue sauce is the best barbecue sauce I have ever tasted. All of their meat is outstanding. The ribs and ham are my favorite. Their fries and onion rings are pretty good and they have little pies that are pretty solid too. Service is fucking terrible (every employee at every location is black so big surprise). They are lucky the food is so good because they are so slow and inefficient.