Redpill me on wheat bread Veeky Forums

Is it really better than white bread? And what are the best brands of wheat bread?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/the-five-to-one-fiber-rule/
daveskillerbread.com/21-whole-grains-and-seeds
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It tastes better than white bread. Don't know any brands - always went to the local bakeries back in Germany.
That shit fresh from the oven, maaan

It tastes better IMO, white bread is barely even bread at all. When it comes to bread, buy from a local bakery if at all possible.

I usually just make my own with King Arthur flour. It tastes better and whole grain flour is definitely more nutritious than white flour.

Rye

Wait, isn't white bread made from wheat?

no?

>definitely more nutritious than white flour.
whole wheat flour is simply flour with some bran mixed in. It's about the same nutritionally, but whole wheat flour has more fiber.

Wheat bread is more substantial in texture, providing better support for sandwhich fillings, and makes you feel fuller longer. It also has a pleasant nutty flavor.

>And what are the best brands of wheat bread?
Brand doesn't matter as much as what's on the nutrition label. It should be like 7-8 ingredients max, not a pharmacy list of coloring agents, dough conditioners, preservatives, added flavorings, etc. It should say 100% whole wheat or only list whole wheat as the first and only wheat ingredient (a lot of WW breads add some whole wheat then cut it with 50-80% enriched white flour filler).

Follow the 5:1 Ratio of Carbohydrates to Fiber to filter out shit WW bread. If the listed number of carbs (grams) divided by fiber amount (grams) equals 5 or less it's okay.
nutritionfacts.org/video/the-five-to-one-fiber-rule/
The example in my picture is Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains & Seeds whose ratio is 4.4 (22g carb/5g fiber)
daveskillerbread.com/21-whole-grains-and-seeds

What the hell is it then?

whole grain bread is tastier and healthier

Don't listen to that user, he's retarded. White bread is made from wheat that has had the bran and germ removed.

Whole wheat flour also contains several vitamins that white flour lacks unless it has been enriched.

>organic oat fibre

That's cheating, Dave.

You are one retarded cunt.

The ends justify the means...

In case you're not just trolling me, flour can be made from multiple layers of the wheat seed. White bread has the bran layer milled off and discarded/used for animal feed before the inner endosperm is milled into white flower

People started making white bread because white flower lasts longer. The fats in germ can go rancid, giving the bread an off flavor so it's got a shorter shelf life. What bread is nutritionally superior in ever way. Before they started fortifying bread and cereals with vitamins, people who lived on diets of mostly white bread suffered all kinds of debilitating b vitamin deficiencies

>What bread is nutritionally superior in ever way.

I don't know, what bread is nutritionally superior in "ever" way?

after 12 hours I couldn't resist

>minor typographical error
wow one, you sure wrecked that poster
how will he ever recover?

I just wasn't going to respond

You Amerifats amuse me, discussing if bread made out of white flour is better than bread out of white flour.
Both are shit, one just has less sugar in it.

pic related, I'm only buying rye bread and the only listed ingredients are rye grist, water sour dough and salt.
That's as healthy as you can get but I still wouldn't call it "healthy"

This post is bad and you should feel bad.

It's better and worse in different ways. It has more gluten (a toxin) but more fiber (not a toxin). However, you shouldn't be eating wheat in the first place so the comparison is irrelevant.

>current year
>eating bread

fatties go home please.

>gluten (a toxin)

Ok caveman Ug, I go hunt mammoth now and eat raw berries

>current year
>still think carbs are the enemy
How does it feel to fall for every fad diet ever?

Yeah, that's what my understanding was

It is postulated that, before we began farming and consuming high levels of toxins, humans regularly lived to see their 250th birthday.

>assuming abstaining from wheat implies abstaining from all carbs