I've acquired a piece of chorizo...

I've acquired a piece of chorizo. I don't really want to cook anything this afternoon so I am thinking about slicing it up and eating it cold with ketchup. It this a good plan?

Sounds wretched.

Not unless you want to fucking die

Mexican or spanish? Either way, dont put ketchup on it.
I would stew some beans or something, or use it in sofrito to make literally anything else

Eggs

Gumbo.

This is a good idea. I think I will save it to have with my eggs tomorrow morning.

I should fucking hope that it's Spanish. Mexican is raw. If OP ate that cold it would be a very bad idea.

This as well. Can confirm mexican is raw.

This or arroz a la valenciana

bomp

gross, cut it into slices, throw it in a frying pan and douse it with tabasco sauce just after you throw it in. cook out the sweet tasting shit, throw it on bread and some bbq sauce and there you go

>ketchup
No don't do that

Don't do this either. Waste of a good ingredient, Mexican chorizo must be absolutely shit tier if this is how it's ate.

Here's what you do man, get a ciabatta or a panini, some mozzarella and some baby leaf spinach. Get a small pan and turn on the heat, don't put any oil in, the oils from the chorizo will be enough, slice up the chorizo and when the pan is hot, turn the heat down a bit and add the chorizo slices. Cook it on both sides for about 5 minutes or so then add the torn mozzarella. Toast the bread lightly and steam the spinach. Put the mozzarella and chorizo on the bread, top with cracked black pepper and the spinach and drizzle with some oil.

That's certainly not how the Mexican stuff is usually cooked. It's a soft raw sausage--the idea of cutting it into slices is absurd. It would be like cutting an uncooked Bratwurst into slices.

Generally speaking, the casing is cut open and the meat is fried in a loose state. It renders out quite a lot of fat which you then use to cook the other parts of your meal.

Make paella if you have the time and ingredients, otherwise get some good spanish cheese and eat it with a nice loaf of bread

PAELLA DOESNT HAVE CHORIZO IN IT

Then why do so many recipes for it include chorizo?

Or is this another one of those opinionated shitfests like beans vs. no beans in chili, or whether or not it's OK to combine meat and seafood in gumbo?

eat it with a good quality rye bread

pretty much
the only difference is the opinionated ones are old world Spaniard traditionalists
chili con carne and gumbo are American and are therefore pretty anything-goes by comparison

This. Spanish (and Portuguese) chorizo is like a dry salami. A little bit of it is added to some cooked dishes, but just as often it's eaten like a salami.

Mexican chorizo is a totally different thing. It's not cured and must be cooked before eating.

Because the two countries share a language they often use the same word to refer to totally different dishes. In Spain a torta is an egg dish similar to a frittata, in Mexico it's a kind of sandwich. In Mexico horchata is a rice milk drink, whereas in Spain it's nut milk.

>Spain
>nut milk

I don't think I'd use that as your flagship promotion of Spanish cuisine.

Spanish cuisine is my shout for best in the world. There are few places in the world that can rival San Sebastian for food.

Put it on a home made pizza instead of pepperoni and tell us how it is.

I dont know, most non spanish cooks like to add chorizo to paellas, even ramsey or oliver but chorizo is something you just dont use on a paella

Its true. Horchata here is made from "Chufa", which is pic related nut

Yeah, I'm not going to disagree. My argument was "nut milk" won't be a good promotion theme.

I like to mix chorizo with roasted brussels sprouts.

You need to google "macarrones con chorizo", A noncito. Easy, quick and delicious.

That's a gnarly-looking chorizo.
We have raw chorizo in Spain aswell; it usually goes on the barbie.

Just do it some scrambled eggs user.
Quick and easy
Or order pizza and toss it on top with extra cheese.
Or do it in pasta.
But cold with ketchup? There are betters ways to show your incompetence, sonny boy

Try to eat the chorizo as a sandwich with avocado and olive oil.