Putting the Loo in Vindaloo

Going to get Indian food tonight.
Tips or recommendations? Please advise.

Also Indian food general I guess.

If you don't know anything about indian food, order a chicken tikka masala. Plain rice, plain naan, some poppadoms.

Skip the rice, skip the naan. Khamiri Roti (fried puff roti) is superior in every way.

The beef/lamb/chicken curry dishes are good but imo shahi paneer is great. Its cheese curds in butter sauce and it will kill your arteries. Worth it.

Also fried pakora is a nice app. Seriously tho fuck naan.

ck hates indian food?

I sure hope not. Butter chicken is my go to dish.

I'm never able to recreate it at home though.

don't skip the rice, dump said rice in the leftover gravy from your curry

Veeky Forums is racist as fuck due to /pol/ leaks.

>>>/tumblr/

This. It's what poppadoms are for. Eat the meat from the curry along with rice, then dump rice into the curry and mix until a nice stuck-together mixture. Then scoop up with carefully-snapped poppadoms and eat. Delicious.

found the Poo-In-The-Loo lover

>eating indian """"""food"""""""
>ever

found the ranch dressing loving sister fucker

In any other food, the amount of lipids and flour employed in Indian dishes would earn it the discerning title of "hobo munch".
But since the food tastes exotic and most people don't have it often enough, people pretend it's one of the pinnacles of culinary arts.

As a casual gan of Indian food I can conform, love me some Tikka Masala. To the point it's stopped me from trying new things from Indian places.

Saag Ponir is also pretty great.

Name one bad thing about either of those?

I'll wait

Enjoy your fecal contamination, OP. Just tell yourself it's the spices when you get violent diarrhea.

Flour? In curry? You must be eating at some real shitholes user.

Khamiri Roti is neither easy to come across nor necessarily fried. I'm not a fan of naan or rice either, the former being too rubbery and the latter being boring. My go to is normal roti. Or if you can get it roomali roti. As for favorite paneer dish it's a toss up between palak paneer and kadhai paneer.

>Congratulations! Chef Mahbub has invited you to eat at the authentic Indian style VIP section.

Good to get the pol shitposts out of the way early.

Any post about India is a shitpost.

seriously
anyway my go to order is chicken jalfrazie and veg samosas but sometimes i just want a goat biryani nawmean

I'm a filthy gommunist but I have to say, check and mate

Only coprophiliacs eat Indian food, desu.

POO

Where in my post did you find the word curry?

>due to being on Veeky Forums
ftfy

Found the reddit tourist that thinks Veeky Forums was ever not racist.

Dals, the staple of Indian cuisine, is one of the healthiest dishes ever. Even the rich meat dishes are high I'm fibre and vegetables. The go to bread is a roti which is made out of whole wheat and pretty high in fibre too. High in fats I'll give you but that's only to make up for the fact that Indian cuisine is like 50% vegetarian.

The interest boards weren't but how would you know given that you spent most of your time on b and v back then.

>Butter chicken
plebeian

The non-entry level boards like /out/, Veeky Forums etc. still aren't because they are adult hobbies that require money and genuine interest. Boards like /tv/, Veeky Forums, /v/ etc. have broad and extremely entry level topics bringing in heavier traffic which inevitably leads to more discourse than in niche boards.

>implying /b/ or /v/ was as bad as they are now
Only a redditor attacks other Veeky Forums boards because you don't understand that people have several interests that overlap and are allowed to use multiple boards. Cry more you sissy brained faggot.

Found the redditor who doesn't realize Veeky Forums racism is post-ironic shitposting

>palak paneer
now this dude fucks.

ranch is disgusting
sisterfucking is cool tho

that isnt even indian curry lel

>I'm never able to recreate it at home though

It's just some tomatoes, heavy cream, spices (mustard seeds, cumin seeds, etc) Tumeric, clarified butter, masala of your choice.

Also:
>ALL THOSE FATS
No wonder it's your go to

I love Indian food, but I had that dishes like OP's pic have the texture of feces.

I haven't had a hot vindaloo in fucking years.
When I lived in Brighton there was an Indian takeaway that I could see from my bedroom window, and every single time told them to make my vindaloo hotter... and fuck me they did, every single time.
That was like 8 years ago... since then every single vindaloo has been mild as fuck, I have to add 800,000 scoville sauce to every single curry to get even a bit of heat.

This is a very uninformed post after the first two ingredients. There are no mustard seeds in butter chicken. You use cumin, coriander, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Black and red pepper for heat. Turmeric. Aromatics are onion, ginger and garlic. Tomatoes for volume. Cream. And finish with dried roasted and crushed fenugreek leaves.

I have no idea what masala of your choice is supposed to mean.
You're right about all those fats though. Oil, butter and cream are all added at different stages.

>defending your culture from street shitters and Muhammad worshipers
>racism

Choose one, /tumblr/reddit/instagram

Look at these disgusting peasants

They're doing that as a form of penance.

Penance for some dead aunty, user-saar? Fucking cultists.

really? did not know

(ignorant white boi)

Oh man! Never had Indian before???

You need to get you some of the following. I like to order them in this order.

Chicken mkani with biryani. Then an order of Alma mater (peas and potatoes in a tomato gravy). And finish with alahu akbar (fried potatoes with cure dipping sauce).

The people that work there will look at you funny, like "look at this white boy, ordering the tasting menu" but what will come out of the kitchen will be lit as senpai.

Yes, they are cultists for doing that. Not people you'd ever want to associate with. But let's not misrepresent that act as something that is commonplace. There's plenty of shit about India that's abhorrent and commonplace without resorting to pictures of people praying to toilets, dead bodies in the Ganges and that.

Pack lots of toilet paper and hand sanitizer and don't eat any street food set up near open air toilets