There's a thunderstorm rolling in here...

There's a thunderstorm rolling in here. Don't have much in the cabinets but I've got some buttermilk so I'll make scones.

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/scones-recipe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does anyone else think gin is a drink for old white trash women? I imagine someone's grandma in a trailer park getting drunk on cheap gin in front of last year's reality TV show anytime I drink it.

Cutting the butter in sucks. It always bends up my pastry cutter. Is it just because my pastry cutter is cheap or does this happen to everyone?

Adding buttermilk and vanilla

I probably overworked the dough. I'm no baker.

I've got some cinnamon chips leftover from Christmas, blueberries and a lemon, and some pecans.

What do I do with the rest of the lemon? I never can think of anything and just throw them away/squeeze it into some water.

Nice roll out.

Let's see how you partition those fuckers.

Thanks
It wasn't the right shape so the scones are all skinny and long
But they're triangular. So it's okay.

Fuck the lemon residue. Concentrate on your baking.

Very poorly.

Oh well. Brushed with buttermilk, into the oven they go. It works the same as cream right?

I'll make a glaze while it bakes. It always just looks like semen until you add anything to it.

good luck on your scones

I made some recently (alton brown recipe) and now I feel like making more ... I think I fuck up incorporating the butter though, because when I watch it bake, a fuckton just seems to melt out

That's weird. I don't ever have butter leaking out of mine. Are you using cold butter and milk/cream/buttermilk?

yes and yes. I use a pastry cutter too, and work it to a shaggy dough, looser than what you did.

they still taste great don't get me wrong, but I just feel like that isn't supposed to happen

Yeah I don't think it's supposed to happen either. Got pics or a link to that recipe?

foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/scones-recipe

might get into these tonight just to use up my dried blueberries

Ugly shape but they taste fine! A little tough, I definitely overworked the dough.

That's pretty similar to my recipe, except the shortening. Maybe the first time was just a fluke

oh, I also just use butter only, due to a typical lack of shortening sitting around

possibly the culprit

mine seems a little sturdier than that one.
i enjoy your commentary.

>ugly shape

I don't think so. They didn't rise as much as you might have wanted, but that happens to me too sometimes with southern biscuits. All in all, damn nice job. If your queen turns up her nose to them, shove an entire scone into that bitches face.

gin really divides drinkers. seems like people either really like it or really dislike it in my experience