HI THERE! You still workin' on that?

HI THERE! You still workin' on that?

n-no I'm g-good

yeah I'm a slow eater, especially when I eat pussy

Yes. You gave it me my 12oz steak two mons ago and I am not a fucking savage. Go wipe a table whore and come back when my plate is visibly near bare.

>get meal
>2 minutes later
>EVERYTHING OK? HOW DOES IT TASTE!?

That doesn't particularly bother me. They're simply being attentive. As opposed to places where you have to flag somebody down when something is wrong.

still working on your resume, shit kunt?

>Work in a bar
>grab someone's empty glass
>"Hey I'm still drinking that!"
>they lift the glass to their face, invert it and a quarter cube of melted ice dribbles down the inside of the glass, a drop at most left inside that barely touches their lips
>"There, now you can have it"

You're a cuck if you don't smash the glass over their head

it's not genuine, they're hoping that by annoying you every 5 minutes and feigning concern you'll leave a tip.

They're hoping to catch any issues you have with the food early to avoid you making a scene.

You mean that cute barista didn't really like me?

Of course it's not genuine. The point is that they do it.

Being attentive is good. The "still working on that" phrase specifically is super annoying during a meal because it saps away the enjoyment in a half-insult half-implying the meal is something to endure.

>be server
>decide table looks satisfied, decide not to bother them two minutes after I give them food
>inevitably, thirty seconds later
>they're waving me down like crazy
>or yelling across the room for me
>"can I please have extra salad dressing"
>or, instead
>somehow in thirty seconds their beer has gone from 2/3 full to completely empty
>they're pissed at me because I didn't notice this in thirty seconds

by pretending they care about your fucking meal (the chef doesn't care, the management doesn't and sure as shit on a sunday your waiter doesn't either) but everyone wants a piece of whats in your wallet. tips pay the bills so next time your waiter won't jump off your bone about the quality of your meal, see what happens when you don't tip over 10%, with cash.

legitimate concerns get heard, all you have to say is "waiter excuse me my meal tastes like wet shit!" and 4-5 of them will convene on you like vultures to roadkill. they'll do ANYTHING to fix your problem not because they hope your dining experience is good but because they want your hot gooey gratuity jizz.

and if you're the kind of sperg who makes a scene because suddenly the restaurant made that most grievous mistake of not acknowledging you as the center of the universe, stay home and order take out.

>waiter this food isnt right
>ok let me go fix it for you
>BUT EVERYBODY ELSE'S FOOD IS GOING TO BE COLD BY THE TIME I GET MINE

waiters, how do you deal with this shit?

maybe the problem is youre ulta cynical and think nobody cares about everything

maybe you're hopelessly naive and think somebody cares about your turgid experience at Applebees chain restaurant #210

never forget, it's a business. unless you've landed yourself a wholesome mom'n'pop joint, don't expect ANYONE to give a flying FUCK about your dining experience. they want your money, and if by feigning interest they get a return customer all the better.

Welcome to Capitalism shitstain, now get in line and kowtow the status quo!

You do realize waitresses make more money than most bachelor level jobs as long as they don't work in a shit hole, right?

>Lmao I have tits and delivered food, thanks for the 20$ tip!

>wholesome mom'n'pop joint
And just what makes them so special? They're in it for the money too

not every restaurant is applebees user, we were talking about service in general, you need to chill

>what is sarcasm

>being too autistic to get the point

how proud your parents must be

Anytime a server comes up to me without food or the bill I just walk out.
Can't wait for these assholes to be replaced by robots.

this is some grade A irony

Lol, what a retarded autist you are

>NEETlords in charge of dining etiquette

this thread gon be gud

just imagine saying that, oh my god

I fucking hate the way he eats.

>order the screaming ring of pain hellfire insanity burger
>it's a burger with franks hot sauce and some pickled banana peppers on it
>waitress happens by halfway through meal
>"haha so how's the burger? HOT enough for ya? ;-)"

You walk out of a lot of restaurants, then huh? Good fucking riddance to you.

You're fucking retarded. I work in a local restaurant and people do care how your food is because satisfied customers are likely to come back. If we didn't care, we would be out of business. Happy customers are good customers. Not everyone is literally autistic like you, user. Maybe you will find happiness one day.

This

I would fuck him up if i ever saw him in person

>that floppy soggy front corner
disgusting

>when the server does their job

Only bad restaurants with shitty staff who need to figuratively suck dick for tips.

Good restaurants have their staff actually doing their job and not hounding the customers.

revolting

Seriously, even the best waiters are a fucking pain to deal with and I will never understand why I tip the person who carries my food instead of the one who prepares it. And no I'm not bad with people I just find waiters a waste of time and get no joy from their feigned servility

What's it like having down's syndrome, user? I bet your family despises you.
>serving staff doing their jobs
>hounding

Their job is to carry food to my table and tell me how much it cost.

Anything beyond that is sucking dick in an attempt to get free money out of me.

You aren't obligated to leave a tip. If you don't want to, fucking don't.
A server's job isn't siply to bring your food and your bill. Customer satisfaction is indeed a thing. Have you never once gotten the wrong order or decide you want some more bbq sauce for your fucking tendies? Do you want to have to flag a server down, as opposed to them coming to check to make sure you're satisfied with your meal?
I'm not even a server. I'm a cook. Why don't you just stay at home and eat? Or solely go to fast food establishments?

Doesn't the menu tell you how much it costs?

shut the fuck up and bring me my beer, bitch

or the food actually is shitty like the burger undercooked or something

take the hit and flip your table. customers are stupid, more at 11

>Have you never once gotten the wrong order
That's the server fucking their job up in the first place, yet one more reason to replace them with robots.

>decide you want some more bbq sauce for your fucking tendies?
Why would I order something from the menu if its not what I want?

> Do you want to have to flag a server down, as opposed to them coming to check to make sure you're satisfied with your meal?
They never "come to check to make sure", they hover incessantly and interrupt me while I've got my mouth full and are desperately pretending to be friendly in the hopes that I'll just give them 35% of the bill for free for no reason

If I'm not satisfied I'll tell your damned manager and leave. I don't need you to plot out a graph of my satisfaction over time sampled every thirty seconds.

>That's the server fucking their job up in the first place, yet one more reason to replace them with robots.
Not always, moron. If your food isn't cooked correctly, that has nothing to do with the servers.

>Why would I order something from the menu if its not what I want?
Your reading comprehension is fucking abysmal.

>They never "come to check to make sure", they hover incessantly and interrupt me while I've got my mouth full and are desperately pretending to be friendly in the hopes that I'll just give them 35% of the bill for free for no reason
Again, customer satisfaction. If you're not happy, you have less of a chance of coming back. Restaurants thrive on repeat and return customers.

>If I'm not satisfied I'll tell your damned manager and leave.
And as soon as you do leave, the manager, the cooks, and your server laugh at your retardation.

Yeah but when I'm done I'm gonna work on that ass of yours

One of the reason why I hate eating at restaurant with waitstaff service is that they are always hovering. I prefer the kind of restaurants that has sitting spaces but you pick up your tray at the serving counter.

boi

>seeing people leave with half their food on the plate still

It's such a waste, I'd even eat their leftovers if I could. Are these people just stupidly wealthy and don't care to eat all of their food?

I work in a place where people will order bar drinks, take a sip, then pay and leave. It baffles me

Just early I had 2 tall mugs of Dos Equis and despite being beyond full I drank every drop of it. This ain't sprite, drink your shit asshole

>if your food isn't cooked correctly that has nothing to do with the servers
So you can't be arsed to take responsibility for anything yet you still want to be tipped. For what, carrying a plate and filling up a glass?

It's something that happens in the Midwest US that I didn't notice until I went there. As if my plate is a fucking construction site and my mouth is the debris pile.

I'm from the Mountain West and they usually ask who'd like their plate taken away towards the end of a meal. Coincidentally we have the lowest obesity rate in the country between Montana and Colorado.

It's customary to cross your silverware and place your napkin, normally. Not sure why this never caught on in most parts of the US.

because the rest of america isnt filled with GAYS

Go back to your waffle cave, Gilgamor.

I went to this restaurant that I was a regular in. The food was poorly made and didn't taste good at all.

I left more than 60% of the food uneaten and just left. It was a bit passive aggressive but the point came through, obvious because next time so went to the restaurant, one of the servers asked me if everything was ok/alright.

wow, yeah wouldn't want to waste any Dos Equis jeez some people's kids shaking my head to be honest with ya family
(stay plebeian, my friend)

I was at a chain, not a full bar, the selection was already pretty slim.

faggot

A lot of people that have their shit fucked up are less likely to tip well, or at all even if the server had no part in it.

I've worked at Pizza places, if someone's stuff is fucked up you have to do the same shit and most likely you're not getting a tip even if they're happy with their stuff, and especially not when somethings fucked up with their food.

The reason people jump on that shit is because they don't want you to go and tell people that you went to this restaurant one time and your shit was fucked up, and then they it took them 40 minutes for them to get you the proper food after the wrong shit came out.

I'd pay like $45 to sniff her ass after her shift was up. Would desperate waitresses be down for this? How would one propose this offer? I'm not asking for a blowjob or anything. Seems like easy money to me, if I were a waitress I'd do it.

That would be a time bomb. I worked at an IHOP in the summer, near a pre-release center in high school. You're in between women who would let you do it for $10 and girls who would send your ass straight to jail for the asking.

Oh and, they usually aren't that desperate.

I'll warn you to be nice. They're all more likely to call the police over that. If they don't, the other patrons will.

>in between women

kek

I don't tip unless if I'm actually impressed with the waiter/waitress, and even then, it's not more than a few dollars. But bringing out my food and checking on me twice doesn't warrant a tip. It's just doing your job. If they were really keeping on top of shit and being friendly/thoughtful, then yeah they get more than a few dollars of a tip.

In my state, USDL requires employers to make up the difference so they make at least minimum wage

>So why the fuck am I even tipping to begin with? Why the fuck are half of us even tipping to begin with? I'm just lost on this.

Autism strikes again

More like
>finish water before food is there
>waitress doesn't notice for 9 minutes, 7 minutes after getting food

No tip bitch

>Not answering not as hot as you :^)

Stop trying to force customer turnover. I've paid and I'm going to sit here until I feel like moving.

>Not answering "hot f-f-f-for you"

enjoy being permavirgins

Judging from what people say about waiting staff I don't understand why yanks eat out so often.
>Interrupting the table just to ask you 'if everythings good'
>asking if they can take plates away
>expecting a huge tip for being a nuisance

maybe it's cultural but it seems so backward to me.

you've had the time to taste your food and they're asking if there's any issues with it.

you must be one of those useless servers that think they are entitled to free money just for coming to work

you're literally only mad because you're too much of a pussy not to tip or you're too much of a pussy not to tip without feeling like an asshole.

I can fucking smell the fedora on you, I can just see you shoveling food into your mouth alone while you scroll the trending shit on Reddit when the cute waitress bebops over to you and asks how everything is. You shrivel up under your $20 hat from Spencer's and your chair wallet rattles against the chair, you murmur a 'fine' praying for the pretty girl to leave. You then return to reddit, but you're feeling extra edgy now, so you invade our shit and pretend to be a tough cuck who hates restaurant staff because you're too much of a pussy to actually interact with human beings. You want a price and just your food? Stick to Taco Bell.

You're a faggot, kill yourself.

Wow look at this pissed off faggot, not even the same guy but holy fuck you just called him a redditor with a fedora, you are epic for the win, dude.

His points are all valid, waiters should shut the fuck up and get fucked already, they don't like you and they don't give a fuck about you, all they want is that sweet sweet free money at the end of your meal like the leeches they are.

His points were on the money, bitch. You're precisely why I never tip. Waiters and waitresses are insufferable.

As a barista, I want customers to like what I make, that involves asking questions and recommending drinks based on taste and value. Customers like to hear that shit, because otherwise they just go to Dunkin Donuts and get stuff they dont like and have to tolerate. You dont go to a restaurant to "tolerate" food, if thats the case go cook what you want at home and tip yourself the few bucks you save.

As a customer, Ill ask differences between entrees, or how sweet/spicy it is. A bad waiter that you dont tip much is someone who tells you everything is good, or that is really popular. A good waiter you DO tip is someone who can give honest opinions about your choices so you dont blow 45$ for you and your girlfriend and ruin a date night.

And thats just one aspect of good service that isnt "part of the job." Theres an art to how much you interrupt, what you give for free, what you anticipate people will need.

Yes, TGI Fridays is below minimum wage high school entry level waitresses, but if you go to a nicer place you can expect to see what the job is actually about and the difference between not caring or not having the experience.

>Try to flag a waitress for check
>Fail
>Raise wallet
>They notice but give me a hateful look

What did I do wrong lads? Is it just the french?

>2 minutes later they're asking if everything is OK
>realize 5 minutes into your meal you're running out of sauce
>waitress never checks on you again until it's too late

You don't flag people down in other countries, you just make eye contact and they'll come over. Usually works in the US too.

I'm not from the US.

Many restaurants are too busy for waiters to notice eye contact, at least imho

>What did I do wrong lads?
gut says you're ugly as sin

>tumblr
>youtuber gif
>theatrical cynicism
>thinking apathy is an inherent feature of capitalism

which flyover community college are you from