Does Veeky Forums like steamed buns and dim sum?

Does Veeky Forums like steamed buns and dim sum?

Other urls found in this thread:

data.tallahassee.com/restaurant-inspections/dade/kon-chau-restaurant-of-miami/sea2314161/3316734/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhaliang
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I fucking love steamed buns. When I lived in Beijing, I ate the pork 包子 all the time. The ones with the sweet red bean paste in them weren't bad at all, didn't care for the ones filled with the black bean paste.

it's all about the cheung fun.

>I fucking love steamed buns.
Fuck yeah. They are like one of the best foods every. They are fun to make, share with friends, experiment, cook and eat.

My dream is to open a 包子 stall and just watch happy customers line up.

I'm starting to go to this Chinese restaurant nearby and it's amazing.
>huge menu of different shit
>$3.50 for 3 pieces of dim sum

And now just trying to google their menu I came across this...

data.tallahassee.com/restaurant-inspections/dade/kon-chau-restaurant-of-miami/sea2314161/3316734/

Should I keep going back...?

Ah yes, the greatest food of all time.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhaliang

The best thing about them is that you can fill them with fucking near anything.
While I never got a chance to try them, there are even buns filled with a soup or broth, and are served with a straw. You drink the majority of the liquid, then chow on the bun.
I think a small 包子 stand or truck would make some real money, seeing as they're dirt cheap to make, and are great drunk food.

Holy fuck, that is a huge amount of violations. I've worked in a lot of kitchens, and have never seen anything like that.
That being said, the Chinese aren't exactly known for their hygienic food practices. Too bad, seeing as they were once the most cleanly culture in the world.

That's why Muslim Chinese restaurants are popular. They are clean.

>Holy fuck, that is a huge amount of violations. I've worked in a lot of kitchens, and have never seen anything like that.

Thought so. The restaurant I work at is pretty filthy with people who don't really give a fuck about hygene (surprise, half of them are Chinese)

I guess it's time for me to learn how to make my own dim sum and buns at my house. Such a shame that you cannot trust most restaurants with handling food responsibly, it really is.

>muslim chinese
That isn't a thing outside of SEA, Chairman Yang

>fill them with fucking near anything.
This is so true. I have been making baozi for years now. I have never been to China but have impressed real Chinese people with the baozi I have made. I do need work on my folding/crimping technique though.

I have made them with Indian style curry, Middle Eastern kefta, spicy mustard greens other various fillings. I might break all the limits and make a "Saudi" style pork kebsa boazi with rice flour in the bun and Arab seasonings. Just cause.

>have impressed real Chinese people with the baozi I have made
They were just being nice to save your face.

They have those in LA and NYC.

Implying Chinese are not just flat out rude when it comes to you fucking something up that pisses them off.

If you're talking about those lamb face memejoints, that's not the same thing.

So true. My best friend is Chinese.

I doubt it. In my personal experience, the Chinese I've cooked for have been thrilled that I've made their street food. They love seeing white people do their cuisine.

You literally just need to google "Halal Chinese restaturant".

He was just being nice. You look suicidal.

FUCKING YEAH I LIKE STEAMED BUNS AND DIM SUM WHO WOULD NOT LIKE?

That's just shitty amchinese food that happens to be halal though

my local ethnic market has these steamed buns in the freeezer that look like theyve been there since the stone age and yet I feel I must buy them

lol the second oldest mosque in north america was made by muslim chinese and its in bumbfuck nowhere northern alberta in canada population like 150

How do you know that? You haven't tried them. That's just rude.

Don't do it. They are easy enough to make. Really no different then making something like pirogi. They are all prep time really. Cooking time is like 12-20 minutes and will make your kitchen smell good.

oh ive made them before I have steam trays and everything, just everytime I am in there I see them, always there, covered in frost, crying out to me, wanting to infect me with whatever lurks inside.

Not as gross looking as the frozen turtles nearby it

>They are easy enough to make
>will make your kitchen smell good.
This.

See

I can see how an idiot like you could not differentiate between a mosque and a restaurant, Seattle Cletus just can't stop letting his inbred genes pop out, can he?

Cletus got butthurt because his sister went out with friends tonight and he feels lonely.

Give him a break. He's a gud Christian who happens to pretend to not want to fuck his sister, 'cause, muh jesus!

Fucking yes. My in-laws are visiting this weekend. They are Chinese, the food they cook is very Chinese, and they love it when I take them to dim sum.

I actually just made 100 lamb dumpings from a 40 year old chinese cook book with 4 of my friends. I'm going to recommend making the shells in steps over a few days, it took like 5 hours. Also fried > steamed.

They're fucking delicious and I always like to eat something before I try making it myself so I can tell if I'm doing it kinda right. Definitely try the pork ones.

I looove making these but I'm fairly sure I make a crappy lazy white guy version of them.

I poach chicken breasts in bouillon broth with soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, rice wine etc and shred them with the broth reduced into a sauce, if I'm feeling fancy.
Otherwise I just buy shredded hoisin duck meat from the supermarket.
Water + self raising flour + pinch of salt for the dough, then put them together.

They're delicious and amazing and perfect for packed lunches.

steamed buns are fucking great
i love the texture of the dough that's created

Right? I ordered steam buns on a whim without looking at what it was and was surprised. That texture is amazing.

No, I hate weeb food.

I actually made a shitty steamer at home so I could have some on the cheap

All you do is fill a pot with water, place at least 3 balls of aluminium foil in the bottom and then stick a heat resistant plate on top

Steamed buns are so good. Soft, fluffy, almost like your eating a cloud. My favorite kind is taro buns but there are a lot of tasty fillings.

Anyone have a good recipe for steamed bun dough?

>tfw only restaurant in the area that served xiao long bao closed down a few years ago
>never got to try any
>probably never will

Are they really as good as everyone says?

What is the aluminum foil for

Simple good food that hipsters overly praise thus raising expectation to an unreasonable level.

I love it I need it

to hold the plate above the water, ya doof

Pretty damn good yes.

I was thinking about making a meatless version for friends who don't eat meat until easter.

Any recommendations?
Chink cabbage with the red bean paste? And maybe something more?