I want to eat these 3 times a week

I want to eat these 3 times a week.

Whats your favorite way to eat them? Only thing I've done is a roll with mustard.

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/sherried-sardine-toast-recipe
youtube.com/watch?v=hr3M3BxbsTU
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Love this brand BTW and these are the only sardines I eat. I just have them on a cracker with mustard here. I always want to try it in a salad but then I'm too lazy.

I like these. Eat them with some Trappey's hot sauce on crackers.

>King Oscar
good shit, but too expensive for poverty food such as sardines

tastes like salted shit

no thanks

I love the Oscar King's Sardines. TM

I eat them out the can with a fork or a knife

Heat up a bowl of sticky rice
Add cold water
Chop up some pickle chunks
Fill spoon with rice
Put sardine on
Put pickle on
Eat

WHY ARE THEY SO EXPENSIVE

Is there any place in Australia where I can buy CHEAP sardines that aren't inedible homebrand bullsiht?

Toast some bread, apply cream cheese, apply deenz, profit.

"Do you have King Oscar in a can? Better let him out!"

I like to make a pasta sauce with one can, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and parsley.

Dammit I can never find the boneless ones.

I make do with pic related on pieces of naan with raw onions, pickles and pepper.

On toast with butter and pickled red onion

atop a caesar salad. Broiled in the can and eaten with easy eggs and hot sauce.

Plebeian fag taste

WA HA WA HA

GOAT sardine brand coming through. I'm partial to the ones with roasted piquillo peppers, but the regular ones are also great. I find that sardines go great with any kind of salad greens, and are a great way to use kale. Here's what I usually do
>take some asian chili oil like the happy grandma spicy chili crisp stuff
>mix it with some of the oil the fish are packed in
>heat in pan over medium heat
>saute shredded carrots and strips of red bell peppers in oil mixture until soft
>add garlic and saute for an additional minute, or until fragrant
>add sardines
>break down with spoon in pan
>when the sardines have broken down sufficiently, add some lemon or lime juice
>reduce until slightly thickened
Now, what kinds of greens you have will determine what you do next
If you have just one type of green like kale or spinach or chard or whatever:
>cut it up and add it to the pan with a bunch of salt
>cook until wilted, combining with other ingredients
>transfer to plate and top with some fresh carrots and bell peppers, some lemon juice, and a little bit more chili oil
If you have more delicate greens or a blend of greens:
>place sardine and vegetable mixture on bed of greens
>top with fresh carrot and bell pepper, some lemon juice, some more chili oil, and a good pinch of salt
wa la, you have a high protein, high micronutrient meal that is both delicious and filling

bumping for more sardine recipes

Get some sharp cheddar
Get some crackers
Get hot sauce of choice

Eat them atop of cheese a cracker with a splash of hot sauce

on crusty bread with sliced tomato

matiz is alright, but I prefer this tbqh

AB's technique is pretty damn good

foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/sherried-sardine-toast-recipe

Coles has a brand of sardines that are under a dollar a tin. I can't remember the name of the brand right now but they have a light yellow papery wrapping. They aren't as cheap as the coles home brand sardines but they taste so, so much better. Home brand sardines are like 65c a tin and taste like shit. These sardines are like 85c a tin and taste great. King Oscars are like $2 a tin and taste fantastic.

I can't find them in the South. They're pretty god damn good though.

Haven't made this in a while, but holy hell it's good

Those look incredible.

I don't have much experience, but I came across Chef John's Pasta con le Sarde and I've been meaning to try it out
youtube.com/watch?v=hr3M3BxbsTU

Straight out of the can.

My grandfather used to make me sardine sandwiches when I was a kid. Just some bread, butter, salt and pepper on the sardines and then microwaved to be lukewarm. I remember eating a lot of salmon and tuna back then too and happily ate the bones. Damn now I want a sardine sandwich.

>all these pleb sardines

King Oscar is GOAT. My local grocery store carries it in stock and it is fucking delicious.

I like spicy foods, so I will generally get the ones with jalapenos in them.

I like to eat them solo with crackers. Sometimes I'll add a sharp cheddar cheese. I can see them being great with a spicy mustard or in a salad.

Also - for those on the fence about sardines and/or if you are hesitant because of previous experiences (I was the same way) - you need to buy the right brand. Look for King Oscar or listen to other recommendations on here (I can only speak for King Oscar). I was amazed at how good these sardines were. Plus they are very healthy - high protein, low calorie, high omega 3.

I'm not terribly picky when it comes to brands and I like trying new ones I see here and there. I like these a lot though.

Favorite way to eat sardines is the first way I ever saw it done. On top of a pretzel.

>fish she is very small
excellent

I can never find King Oscars with jalapeƱos. Life is suffering.

mash them up in a big bowl of white rice with toasted seaweed crumbles, and a little mayo

I'm gonna try the harder cheese idea since it's been mentioned several times

That feel

General hypothetical, how much would you pay to support an American sardine catching and canning company (provided you are a burger)?

What products would you want, and how much per can would you shell out?

>tfw no packs that have a can of sardines, crackers, sauce, and a refreshing beverage powder all in one

>options for varieties of cracker, from saltines to rusks; whole fish, brisling, kippers, headless and gutted; and a napkin printed with the serialized adventures of the company's plucky mascot

this brand is $2+ a can at my local supermarket
fucking why

where do you live? I see plenty where I live

I mix them into some avocado with a little greek seasoning and chopped jalapeno, serve on toast for breakfast.

I live right outside of Washington DC. I see the brand a bunch and always go for the ones in olive oil. There are also some other varieties but I have never seen the jalapeƱo one.

Stop masturbating

>tfw want to like sardines but can't get over the smell and texture even with the tomato sauce on them or crackers
Feels bad man, I was really looking forward to it.