Wedding registry

So I'm getting married in November and my fiance and I are working on our registry. We've got pots and pans covered (stainless pampered chef). I know, pampered chef... But my mom is getting them for half price so it's not really a decision. They're plenty good for us.

These are the knives I'm planning to register for: pamperedchef.com/shop/Cookware/Cookware/Stainless Steel 6-Piece Set/2951

Good choice? Thoughts?

Also, what else should I be registering for that we might be forgetting? Gonna go for all-clad measuring cups and spoons.

Pic related, the knife set.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0009RUZ86/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491360629&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=ZWILLING J.A. Henckels&dpPl=1&dpID=41+eUS9XXpL&ref=plSrch
m.costco.com/KitchenAid-6-quart-Professional-Bowl-lift-Stand-Mixer.product.100304199.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck... Wrong link.

Here's the knives:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0009RUZ86/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491360629&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=ZWILLING J.A. Henckels&dpPl=1&dpID=41+eUS9XXpL&ref=plSrch

Veeky Forums might shit all over these, but i do have a few of them myself.

theyre pretty darn good.

They're good for the average person, if cooking is a serious hobby you'll end up spending more, but henkels, specifically the German ones are still good knives.

Get some global knives SAI

Yeah they're the German made variety. Pots and pans may be made in China but I won't have that for my knives.

Cooking isn't a SERIOUS hobby but I'd like a fairly decent set and I imagine I'll do it more when I have the wife to cook for.

>Cooking isn't a SERIOUS hobby but I'd like a fairly decent set and I imagine I'll do it more when I have the wife to cook for.
Are you not already living together? What?

I wish. They're sexy as hell

No. She wants to wait until we're married.

So you can find out once you've already tied the knot that you can't fucking stand living under the same roof?

I mean I guess everyone approaches relationships differently but that seems very dumb.

We've been together 6 years and basically lived together in undergrad. We know each other's bad habits, it's all good. Part of it is her parents.

But on the thread topic... Any kitchen suggestions that you've found invaluable?

Small appliances come to mind. They do cost a "bit" more, so depending on the shop, registering can be a bitch (e.g., if you only have enough for half a blender, the money is tied to that shop, and nothing else has interest)

Hope you have a good lawyer for when she divorces you bro. Marriage is not worth it for men anymore. Say goodbye to your money, possessions, friends, and happiness. Come join the MGTOW movement when you regain you senses.

You know you can just date a woman without marrying her right?

Well, YOU probably can't, but I mean the royal you.

Date a woman? And risk being victim of a false rape charge? No thanks. It's masturbation only for me, friend.

I like /pol/ sometimes too... But I came here for advice on handy stuff you guys have in your kitchen.

I'm sorry you've been with cunts.

I don't think he's been with anyone user.

Shit. I forgot abou a blender. Thanks.

I think we'll also go for a Cuisinart food processor.

I'm not worried about the money. Our families are huge and while no one is 1% rich or anything we're all quite comfortable.

Get a kitchenaid.

Honestly a ton of people in my area have Henkels, they're pretty decent knives, but I never really like their handles. They feel like shit in my hand, and I'd rather use a shitty comfortable knife than a nice one I hate handling

Also have this issue with Cutco, not that they're nice, but everybody in my area that doesn't have henkles has Cutco, fuckin figure that out.

That's a brand dude, not a thing.

Though he likely means a stand mixer, big bowl and get a swivel head, not the raise and lower bullshit. Glad he mentioned it, really shoot for one of those, they're expensive.

Already got one. Professional 600.

This one in black:
m.costco.com/KitchenAid-6-quart-Professional-Bowl-lift-Stand-Mixer.product.100304199.html

>That's a brand dude, not a thing.
You know exactly what I mean, though.

Whole I do like the swivel head models, the bowl lift ones have better attachments. And bigger bowls.

A nice quality rice cooker with soaking settings and stuff might be good if you make a lot of rice and want an option for the less rich family members?

While*

Phoneposting

I've never used one. Are they really better than just using a pot on the stove?

Better? Nah, the result is the same. More convenient? Sure.

The ability to hold rice in ideal serving conditions for hours is super handy, means you don't have to worry about tight timing of meal prep.

Pure convenience item though, it doesn't offer any advantage over a pot on the stove in terms of actual food output.

They're pretty much pointless if you're white
Asians use them because we eat rice multiple times a day

Good to know
Idk I'd like to make more rice dishes so maybe it'd be a good instigator.

I've stopped giving knives to people as gifts. It makes me furious (internally) when I see the knifes not even 2 months later and they're dull, chipped, rusted, and whatever else.

If you end up getting decent knives, please take care of them.

Rice dishes? Not just straight up rice? A rice cooker excels at making steamed rice. If you eat steamed rice every day like clockwork, you want a rice cooker. When I said asian I meant east asian, and southeast asian.

Not making steamed rice? Making stuff that south asians, southwest asians, and middle easterners do with rice? You may want to read some rice dish recipes. Things like briyani, pilafs, and so on, tend to involve stuff like dry roasting, frying, and other steps that are really best done on a stovetop.

There's a reason why Iran and India are not major manufacturers of rice cookers. They do it differently.

I feel your pain. Her parents used to cut on glass cutting boards until I finally screeched enough about it and they stopped. Their knives are pretty much useless at this point. I'm going to sharpen them one of these days.

I guess a rice cooker is out...

I appreciate it. You just saved us a product we wouldn't make much use of.

Peugeot pepper grinder. I'm not kidding, look it up. They're insanely nice, but pick one of the bigger ones because the small ones will actually run out kinda fast.

Fuck wedding registries. They're a cute way of saying "Help us celebrate our new lives together by giving us a bunch of free shit"

That's not even enough - these asshole couples want to give you a LIST of what to buy them, as if you're at a kid's party and you were supposed to be the one that bought the Yellow Megaman.

You're not entitled to anything just because you want to start a life together but don't have the money for it. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on OP.

Just like you're not entitled to things for your birthday, or Christmas, or any other arbitrary holiday.

It's almost like gift giving rituals are consensual social structures, you edgy faggot.

It doesn't matter. At my wedding, I specifically said not to bring gifts and that their attendance was enough on the invitation. We were both very well into our careers and had plenty of nice toys.Half the people still brought gifts.

The end result was half the people at the wedding feeling like shit because they didn't bring anything, and the people that brought gifts being judgemental cunts.

Take my advice, just don't say anything about gifts and let people do as they will so at least any shame doled out is within reason and not your own fault for telling them not to bring shit.

>gift giving rituals

No, they're a capitalist merchant scheme, enforced through social guilt trips, to get you to buy a shitload of worthless crap no one wants or needs.

I thought the Jews were commies now? Can't keep up with the /pol/ zeitgeist anymore :(

Stop being an attention whore, kys

So what I'm getting from this is that you don't think you will ever be married, get shitty birthday and Christmas presents and are super butthurt about it.

Don't worry user, I am sure it will all work out one day.

Ask for a nice end grain butcher block cutting board (if you have the counter space). An enamel dutch oven (le creuset). A vitamix. Heavy duty baking sheets that won't warp or rust. These are "for life" type items so as a significant event gift, make a lot of sense

Unless you're well off enough to afford it all on your own then just put kitchen towels (can't ever have enough of those desu) on your registry.

I'm getting married in October, this is relevant to my interests.

The current /pol/ zeitgeist holds that you're the commie jew because you were confused by and asked about their obsession with commie jews

You can never go wrong with a good kettle and toaster user.
I had a wishing well for my wedding and the very moment we could we went off and bought a decent kettle and toaster.

Grats on being engaged user. Wedding registries are really great for getting things you might want but not actually purchase yourself. Also don't be afraid to add more expensive things even if you dont think anyone would pay it. Relatives are surprisingly willing and generous about wedding gifts. Le crueset, kitchen mixer, fancy vacuum, or even just some unitaskers that you think will be fun to have, waffle iron, maybe an indoor grill or an immersion blender,

Also that knife set is a very decent set. I had a similar set Henckels are perfectly fine especially if you're more of a casual cook