What are the best uncommon pies to make?

What are the best uncommon pies to make?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HYLgHPbJkg4
pillsbury.com/recipes/cheeseburger-pot-pie/c6046b8d-2fa6-4c72-92a4-94362ccbd3d6
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Blueberry

Strawberry rhubarb

I never see blueberry pie anywhere???? Whyyyyyy

Meat pies, aside from chicken pot pie, are tragically uncommon in the US.
youtu.be/HYLgHPbJkg4

Boston cream, key lime, custard pie.
Gooseberry. Quince.

That's a shame, chicken pies are shithouse.

Traditionally, yes. They got old when I was a child. But you can spice it up to make it acceptable. Try a cajun variety.

Poontang pie.

Slather it up.

>blueberry pie
>uncommon
Ummm.... blueberry pie is pretty common. It's also delicious and easy to make.

The word is the blueberry and peach crops were both fucked this year due to a late freeze.

Thankfully you can use frozen blueberries to make blueberry pie. Fresh is better, but frozen isn't an issue like it is in some baked goods.

My mom used to make a beef meat pie called cheeseburger pie. It duplicated the flavor of a bite of a cheeseburger with all the condiments on it, truly an achievement in American cuisine. All the recipes I can find online use Bisquick, but my mom always used actual pie shells. Her recipe used ground beef, eggs, sharp cheddar, ketchup, Worchestershire, mustard, tomatoes, and pickle relish.

Stargazy Pie, obv.

Crawfish pie isn't all that common out of my state

That actually sounds pretty good. Do you know if she adds anything to the mix (like cornstarch or flour) to keep it from being a gloppy mess when you cut into it, or are the eggs enough of a binder?

Pheasant pie

The eggs are the main binder. There's. It a huge amount of the various sauces, and the tomatoes are cut into slices and put on top of the mixture so they don't add a lot of gooeyness either. Additional cheddar goes on top of them, and then you can either bake it as an open pie or top it off with dough. I believe the beef is browned with seasoning and diced onion before being mixed with the other ingredients. It's been a couple years since I made it myself and I lost the recipe. This one seems to be the closest I've found, yet it lacks the eggs, mustard, and Worchestershire.

pillsbury.com/recipes/cheeseburger-pot-pie/c6046b8d-2fa6-4c72-92a4-94362ccbd3d6

Oh, that's a bad typo. Meant to say there isn't a huge amount of the various sauces.

Shoofly pie (Basically molasses in a pie crust)
Have it with some black coffee in the morning

My favorite uncommon pies are either regional or from my grandmother's generation.
>Marionberry pie
>Lemon Chess Pie
>Crawfish Pie
>Fish Pie
>Oyster Pie
>Agarita Pie
>Green Tomato Pie
>Cactus Pear Pie
>Buttermilk Pie
>Mustang Grape Pie
>Blackberry Pie (not uncommon, but something I grew up with)
>Fresh Strawberry Pie (the kind with fresh berries in a pastry shell with a strawberry glaze on top, usually served with a dollop of whipped cream. One of my childhood favorites)
and honorable mention goes to
>Peach Cobbler (which isn't really pie, but it's a traditional dessert where I'm from, and there's whole contests related to it)

My fuckin nigga

Easy as fuck too

If you buy premade crust doughs, the only thing that takes any time at all is cutting butter into the crumb

Wild elderberry pie. My great grandmother used to go up into the mountains to pick them and come back to make the most delectable jams and pies out of them. You have to beat the bears to them though

beef and stout pies.

Ohhh that sounds really cool.
Pie + coffee is a winner's breakfast

My gf comes from a hunting family and she loves to cook, so I eat a lot of hare pie. And though not really a pie, and I have no idea how she prepares it, but her beaver is delicious. I could her beaver all night.

apple and cheddar pie

I wish steak and kidney pie was a thing in America.

I miss Britbong food.

There's a market near me that sells British pub-style meat pies and they are incredible, it's the only one I've ever found though