Thoughts on my new AUGYMER?

Thoughts on my new AUGYMER?

The fuck is that electrical plug there for

It's quite dirty for being new

Looks comfortable. I'm over the asian blades after ~7 years of professional use. I been eyeballing the Wusthof Classic Ikon for some time now.

This the classic ikon.

should be against the law to use it on such a shit ass cutting board

Whereas I'm about to stop using my 10" classic Wusthof in favor of a decent ~7" Santoku.

>dat pattern-welded steel
Could use another fold or two but it still looks damn sexy.

Sorry not a lot of counter space in this little house it goes to my coffee grinder

I know it's a shitty little farberware cutting board

Man, I don't like pattern welds. I think they're ugly. I like the look of genuine layered steel, like on some carbon steel knives, but I just don't see the aesthetic in this. Whatever, just my preference.

Agreed, i'd much rather see a subtle shift in real layered steel than this pattern weld crap.

>layered steel
>not differentially hardened steel
pleb as fuck, enjoy your shitty honkasumi

>no bolster

I'll allow it.

That pattern weld isn't particularly attractive though.

eh

we don't all have $1000+ to spend on a Honyaki blade.

It's a german knife, why would it have a french bolster? I hate bolsters. They're good for opening cans, but I often use the sharp heel of a german or japanese knife for small work.

>It's a german knife, why would it have a french bolster?

You tell me senpai

That's a french knife made by germans, ya mong.

Things made in Germany are German, princess.

Both of these are german made knives, but which one is based on a german design?

Both, obviously.
They were designed by German companies.

Sorry, which one is based on a TRADITIONAL german design.

Again, both.
Germany has a longstanding tradition of fine cutlery.

>$30 on amazon
Well shit. May as well. I've been looking for a line knife I can abuse.

See this guy gets it

I want a knife that cuts through a butternut squash as it cuts through a banana. What do I get?

A wetstone.

>according to Germans, this is a knife

supeliol japarese steeru forudeido oba kyu-sen taimu

Quality knife mein negro.
Five years professional use on this one of mine.
Its basically my workhorse knife

looks like a gimmicky csgo knife. i see you with that in a kitchen i lose all respect for you.

Will a wetstone really get you there?

Yuss
A tri stone can turn the dullest of knives into sashimi grade in about twelve minutes

lol, maybe a 3" opinel

Have you ever cut a butternut squash?

Good thing you dont work in a kitchen.

Lol yes. Thats how a vast majority of pro's sharpen their knives.

yes

>dullest of knives... 12 minutes
You haven't sharpened very many abused blades, then. Grinding out a lot of material by hand can take a long time even with a coarse grit and decades of practice. Don't set people's expectations too high.

also
>sashimi grade
I know what you mean, but it hurts.

I have never even seen a pro cut through a butternut squash that easily, though

I mean, a butternut is a very tough vegetable to cut through and doing it safely is some knife-work 101 shit. I doubt youll ever see a knife just glide through that shit. Youd have to have a retardedly expensive blade on literally its first cut with its first edge to achieve that.

I don't know what it is, but some butternut are ridiculously tough. All of them have a hard skin, but some just make even sharp knives stick like they're made from some kind of anti-stab material.

Free electricity when cutting potatoes.

Why did you not char the chiles, remove their skin, and then remove the seeds and membranes?

Yeah when we were on our fall menu we had a butternut squash soup (that had some jalapeno thrown in there which was really good) that I was tasked with breaking down 10 of the bastards like 3 times a week. Plus 2 more for cubing and charring for a different dish, but I used a mandolin for breaking those down. Id straight up hit my chefs knife on the stone lightly each time before I started that and it still was a massive pain in the ass.

Nigga pls

Noice knoifes

Oh shit

Now THAT'S a pattern weld!

All I've ever known is santoku, how hard would the switch be to chefs knife?

>paying for the bladed jew
just cut your ingredients with a piece of broken glass or a sharpened piece of plastic like a real man

Not hard. It rolls different and requires a little getting used to (because they're typically longer) but if you're already solid with a santoku it should be an easy transition.

Also you should be proficient at both, it's like leveling up in an RPG.

I almost never rock chop, can't really do it very well

you sound like a try hard faggot it's just decent professional knife that's not outrageously priced no more no less

unless your knife is a square then it's the easiest thing in the world, it's how most children learn to first use a knife not like an idiot.
Fuck even if the knife was square it'd still be easy, you'd just gouge your chopping board.

Well the issue is that I have to move the ingredient instead of the knife. I fuck that up every time, so as a home cook I just never really bothered correcting it, since I get good results without it

I have mild issues if the thing is really long, but the answer to that is to chop like a long stick of celery into three pieces before doing it

Victorinox. Yay or nay?

depends how poor you are
perfectly functional

Nay. Literally worse than kiwi.