All pathetic single men. Only cash, no chit-chat

>All pathetic single men. Only cash, no chit-chat.

>2017
>carrying cash
ISHYGDDT

Why would I use cash when my Amex gives me 3% back on groceries?

Doing anything but paying cash, in the year of our Lord 2017...

Da Gmen just luv u...

cash doesn't track your spending habits.
cash is infinitely more flexible when you need to bribe someone or haggle.
cash makes things much simpler when you're out with friends and need to split a bill.

>cash doesn't track your spending habits.
Don't care.
>cash is infinitely more flexible when you need to bribe someone or haggle.
Things I never do.
>cash makes things much simpler when you're out with friends and need to split a bill.
Restaurant does it for me. Otherwise we just take turns.

>being an establishment in 2017
>not being able to run multiple cards

also
>giving a fuck that amex tracks your grocery spending habits and sells it to advertisers. ignore most ads anyway, occasionally get a good coupon to use on something you'd buy anyway. win win.
>being a chump that needs to bribe anyone (unless you're a politician/dealing with one, that's understandable. amex isn't offering 3% cash back on bribes tho)

>cash doesn't track your spending habits
can't pay online in cash, buddy
>bribe someone
uh, ok
>haggle
nobody haggles at the fucking grocery store you geriatric oaf
>out with friends and need to split a bill
what kind of run-down place can't split a fucking bill for you or do separate checks
the convenience of the modern bank card is the product of 50 years of technological progress, show some fucking appreciation

>>cash doesn't track your spending habits
>can't pay online in cash, buddy

Yes indeed. You clearly need a different service for that, but not carrying cash with you is just plain nuts.

>>bribe someone
>uh, ok
It doesn't have to be a literal bribe in the criminal sense. I used the term very broadly. Maybe you want to get one of your buddies to do something for you when you're too lazy or otherwise occupied:
>hey bro, can I give you this $20 go to go grab me a 12-pack of beer? You can keep the change
or
>hey, I heard you guys were going to . Can I give you a few bucks to grab me an order of fries?

>>nobody haggles at the fucking grocery store you geriatric oaf

Of course not. But you have the cash on hand so that when you do visit somewhere that you can haggle you have it ready to go. Pawn shop, craigslist seller, garage sales, public fairs/shows, flea markets, etc.

>>what kind of run-down place can't split a fucking bill for you or do separate checks
Nowhere. But it's much faster to give your buddy your share of the meal in cash than it is for the waiter/waitress to figure it out. And if you're dealing with a lot of people going out to eat together dealing with bill-splitting can be a big pain in the ass.

After this episode I started following that logic.
It's true more often than not. Also, never go in the express line unless there's only one person in front of you.

>not carrying cash with you is just plain nuts
I use cash maybe 2-3 times a year.

Try getting outside your parent's basement and you'll see that cash is extremely useful.

>>>bribe someone
>>uh, ok
>It doesn't have to be a literal bribe in the criminal sense. I used the term very broadly. Maybe you want to get one of your buddies to do something for you when you're too lazy or otherwise occupied:
>>hey bro, can I give you this $20 go to go grab me a 12-pack of beer? You can keep the change
>or
>>hey, I heard you guys were going to . Can I give you a few bucks to grab me an order of fries?

>Pawn shop, craigslist seller, garage sales, public fairs/shows, flea markets, etc.

Was going to say that these places don't accept cards but then I remembered this:

>be me, walking into grocery store
>hey mista...but some Girl Scout cookies?
> heh! I don't have any cash
>I accept credit card

Damn 12 year old girl

me second in line

I live on my own and have for over a decade. It's utterly pointless. All of the examples you gave are things my friends and I just don't do.

>All of the examples you gave are things my friends and I just don't do.

That's why I said you need to get out more often. Your activities must be extremely limited if you don't encounter uses for cash.

>craigslist seller
if you show up to a sell when we have agreed on a price and you try and pull that "oh sorry, I took out X less than we agreed on" you bet your cheep ass I'm walking away with my shit or pointing you to the closes atm

>extremely limited
Not really. It's just that pretty much everyone takes credit cards now.

Restaurants? Credit card.
Movies? Credit card
Driving range? Credit card.
Shops? Credit card.
Breweries? Credit card.
Even parking meters take credit cards now.

The only thing that really comes to mind that you still need cash for is clubs, but I hate clubs.

>you bet your cheep ass I'm walking away with my shit or pointing you to the closes atm

Fair enough. I wouldn't agree on a price sight-unseen anyway.

And who said anything about trying to short-change anyone? I'm the one advocating you carry extra cash, remember? I've often gone to visit a craigslist seller to buy one item only to see that they have other things I also want when I'm there. Having extra cash lets me make offers on other things above and beyond the one I came for.

Which amex is that?
>restaurants can't split a bill
This was true in like 2003

I hardly run into it anywhere these days

You're either old as fuck and set in your ways, or you live in some flyover shit hole

What about craigslist? Garage sales? Food stands/stalls? Farmer's markets? Drug dealers? Tips? Emergencies?

Speaking of the latter:
About a month ago I was driving home from DFW airport at 2 AM on a Sunday. Had a tire blow out about 80 miles south of the city. Needless to say there aren't too many tire shops open at 2 AM on a Sunday. AAA tows me to the nearest one....the Mexican owner can barely speak English and for damn sure didn't accept a credit card. You bet your ass I was glad I had cash in my wallet otherwise I'd be stuck sleeping in my car overnight rather than getting back on the road.

>>restaurants can't split a bill

I didn't say they couldn't split one, user. I said it makes things simpler.

I've often gone out to eat with several friends. Inevetiably at the end of the meal there's a big discussion with the waitress/waiter about which appetizer goes on which person's bill, etc. I just slap a $20 on the table and I'm done well before everyone else has even figured out who is paying for what.

OFC a restaurant can split a bill. But why bother with doing that when it's faster for all involved to work it out with cash instead?

All the money I get is from Plasma donations so I'm kind of forced to use a the plasma debit card.

>What about craigslist? Garage sales? Drug dealers? Farmer's markets?
Don't do and don't care to do.
>Food stands/stalls? Tips?
Take credit cards
>Emergencies?
I've yet to encounter an emergency situation where a credit card didn't work.

>What about craigslist? Garage sales?
What about them? Nobody said ban cash, fag
>Food stands/stalls
Credit card
>Farmer's markets?
The meat and cheese places take cards because average purchase is $20+
>Drug dealers?
Nobody said ban cash, fag
>Tips?
Goes on the card
>Emergencies?
I have 4 $100 bills that I generally leave in my desk drawer, occasionally I take it with me if I'm going somewhere completely awful (anywhere in the midwest, for example). When I go on a bike ride over 20 miles I'll carry a few $20s just in case of something unusual like a broken chain or a destroyed wheel, but so far I haven't run into that problem and I ride about 10k miles a year

From your list of very important items (drugs, craigslist, etc) you sound kind of like you live on the fringes of respectable society. Might want to look into bitcoin

Phone systens down
No power
Cards are worthless
Tramsactions easily solved with a calculator and giving you change sans tax

you cant track my purchases merchant