Why don't plebs like white wine?

Why don't plebs like white wine?

Some folks in backwater places see drinking wine as unmanly, and white wine doubly so, because at least some reds can go well with "manly" foods like grilled red meat.

But there's also the matter of likeability. Even cheap Merlot from Chile can be enjoyable with a burger or tacos. Or at an art opening with cheese. Cheap whites are tougher to like. And the ones that are easy to like (Vinho Verde, off-dry Riesling, Pinot Grigio) tend to have at least a little residual sugar. And it's been fashionable for decades now to dismiss wines with residual sugar as pleb-tier. So someone just getting into wine is alot more likely to find reds they like in their price range than whites. I used to make the joke, "I like white wine just fine. My problem is the whites I like I can't afford." Now that I know a lot more about wine this is no longer true. I probably drink white as often as red these days, depending on what I'm eating. But that wasn't the case when I first started getting into wine.

Gin & juice senpai

Doesn't feel right drinking white wine like wine, because it's so flavourless. Doesn't feel right drinking it like water, because it's still wine, and you feel dirty swigging it.

I have literally never had a cheap merlot from anywhere in south america that didn't taste like ass. The best cheap merlots are right bank bordeaux from no-name producers. Sure they tend to be blended but so is pretty much everything even the so-called "varietal wines" that people assume are made from one grape.

Yes, sauvignon blanc from NZ is lovely. Especially Cloudy Bay.

I also like Sevyl Blanc, Chenin Blanc, Rioja Blanco, Rieslings of all types dry or sweet and my FAVORITE guilty pleasure wine Trockenbeerenauslese, which has more of an amber hue but white none the less.

wine people pls help

>I have literally never had a cheap merlot from anywhere in south america that didn't taste like ass.
On its own I agree. But with overkill foods like pizza, burgers, tacos, chili and the like those cheap Merlots taste fine. The power of grease (and sometimes spice) cuts through their excessive jammy-ness. A more restrained cheap Bordeaux would be blown out by these kinds of foods.

White wine is for gays and women. Red wine is for gentlemen enjoying their steaks

> But with overkill foods like pizza, burgers, tacos, chili and the like those cheap Merlots taste fine
Tbh I'd rather just a cheap touriga nacional or some such thing. South america gets no love from me, other than torrontes

>South america gets no love from me
I get that. They really tend toward overkill with the fruit. But I'll drink them with foods that are just as overkilled.

.. but i do. when i am out of everclear, its my nr. 1 choice

Lots of people don't like the sour tinge some white wines have. Some are only enjoyable at the right temperature without the chill the sour tinge becomes overwhelming.

Personally I find it hard to pick out a good white wine, because some Savignion Blancs are pretty nice while others are too citrus imo. And honestly perhaps I've had some others before but I never remember the name, thus I always end up picking the same shit that I don't prefer.

What about a gentleman enjoying his pork loin? Or his sea bass?

>White wine is for gays and women
Is it 1982 and you just read Real Men Don't Eat Quiche?

>not liking white wine

What else would I drink while I sit on my patio on a summer day in my Hamptons estate

Whispering Angel rose, maybe?

Americans have awful taste in wine

I like white and can't stand any red. Does this make me patrician, OP?

Chad pls go

Love both white and red wine

Red tends to be drier and have less sugar content, white tends to be easier to drink

If you want to get buzzed/drunk, wine is a much better option than beer if you don't want all those extra carbs and calories. Fairly cheap too

>If you want to get buzzed/drunk, wine is a much better option than beer if you don't want all those extra carbs and calories.
are you just pretending to be retarded?

>Americans have awful taste
fixed, you had some unnecessary words

>this obsessed
wew

Because good white wines are harder to find and usually more expensive. But I do love white wine, especially aged Sauternes.

i just cook with it, i dont 'drink' it but ill take a swig while im cooking for the fuck of it

Not a Chad. Just been in the business, so I know what they drink.

Do you have some kind of bot that alerts you anytime "americans" gets posted?