Pretentious Artisian Chocolate Bars Thread

After research and trying out chocolate bars it seems that undisputidly Amedei Porcelana is considered the best chocolate bar and a gold standard benchmark.

What are some other artisan chocolate bars that are on par with porcelana?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/12/23/460819387/are-you-a-sucker-if-you-like-mast-brothers-chocolate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hersheys, the best chocolate bar.

Hershey's™

How can a chocolate bar be pretentious? If it seems too fancy/precious/expensive then it's not pretentious, it's just not for you.

An inanimate object can never be pretentious. Only a person can be.

Person drinks $$$$memewine because he likes the taste? Not pretentious.

Person drinks $$$$memewine because she wants to show off to other people? Pretentious.

why would you do this when there are so many "good enough" chocolate bars out there for far less?

That's what I was thinking. That expensive bar of chocolate from some prestige producer isn't the least bit pretentious to someone who appreciates good things and has the money to spend on them.

I think poorfags use the word pretentious to describe luxury items with price tags that they balk at, failing to realize these products aren't for them in the first place.

OP here

The word pretentious refers to the thread not the chocolate bar.

Used the word pretentious to weed out the peasants like these

Pacari, single origin heaven

I'm perfectly fine with Lindt, so maybe you can explain what the difference with the other 30% of the ingredients or technique of approach are to make the difference of price worthwhile? Or is the quality of the cocoa just that much better?

I used to live by this company called MAST chocolates and one of the workers gifted me a smoke-flavored bar. It was fine, but never got eaten past the first bite and sat in my fridge til i moved out a year later. Friends would come over and browse for fridge goodies and comment on it(keep in mind i also worked in food industry so most of my friends were also in food) and no one ever asked to try it lmao

Wispa or Twirl are best. Galaxy is second place.

Fazer

Videri Chocolate from North Carolina is god-tier. They paired up with a local distiller to make a chocolate liqueur that is fucking divine in a Brandy Alexander.

>I think poorfags use the word pretentious to describe luxury items with price tags that they balk at, failing to realize these products aren't for them in the first place.

It applies sometimes. Like with Starbucks or Jim Beam.

There's a difference between something being expensive and something being good. You're just being pretentious.

>MAST

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/12/23/460819387/are-you-a-sucker-if-you-like-mast-brothers-chocolate

>There's a difference between something being expensive and something being good.
No shit. But almost always the cheapest consumer goods aren't very good, especially when it comes to luxury products. Chocolate is a great example. Cheap chocolate is awful.

Lint chocolate bar is like $2. Just how much better is the $10 ones?

A $2 chocolate bar isn't cheap. A $0.50 one is.

Where do you buy your chocolate bars where it's $0.50? What brand? You're talking about the cheapest of the cheaps, here. Of course it will taste like shit. The majority of people will not be buying that. They will buy from Hershey, Mars, and Lint. Of course Hershey is legitimately disgusting but the other two ain't so bad.

>Where do you buy your chocolate bars where it's $0.50?
I don't buy cheap chocolate.

>>You're talking about the cheapest of the cheaps, here
Yes.

>>They will buy from Hershey, Mars, and Lint
In my area Mars and Hershey are the standard cheap stuff. Lindt is the expensive foreign import which is far superior to the other two. At least double the price too. (Not that I'm complaining...it's well worth it)

Pricing of luxury goods is not linear. Is a six series BMW four times better than a Hyundai? Nope. Is a Maserati eight times better? Not at all, but that's how they're priced. With luxury goods scarcity is part of the price, which often doubles for every little increase in quality. So I would expect a $10 chocolate bar to be noticeably better than a $2 one, and if it wasn't I'd feel like I'd been taken. But would I expect it to be five times better? Absolutely not, because that's not how pricing works. It costs five times as much because there's only so much top quality chocolate to go around, and it's priced at what those who want it are willing to pay.

White chocolate flavored with rose and bits of strawberry

10 bucks on Amazon.

Omnom chocolate from Iceland is very good especially the Madagascar 66%

Vosges chocolate from Chicago is tasty as well with unique fusion of flavors such as bacon and curry.

I have yet to try Amadei but I have only heard good things about it

Not really too pretentious, but I really like Theo bars. I live in Seattle, so the factory is nearby.

Dick Taylor Chocolate

Porcelana is probably the priciest bar there is to get for $25 or so. But it is so worth it