Anybody here old enough to 'member these?

Anybody here old enough to 'member these?

Veeky Forums related nostalgia thread

Star trek mcdonalds crossover?

Is that a Mc Donalds ashtray?

I also remenber those trashcans with a sand box over them for you to use as ashtray, did they ever have those in the Mc Donalds of the US?

Yes. Now youre going way back.

Yeah it is, and I remember the trashcans too. I'm Canadian but I assumed in the 90s US McDs had those tin ashtrays too

don't they still have those all over the place?

>Yes. Now youre going way back.
Not that far back, I was born in 1990.

I guess they just did not throw those away here in Brazil until they passed a state law making it illegal to smoke indoors on public spaces.

>Yeah it is, and I remember the trashcans too. I'm Canadian but I assumed in the 90s US McDs had those tin ashtrays too
I don't know when they had those, im guessing they had them way before us and got them replaced before as well.

>don't they still have those all over the place?
No because now there are many countries and states and cities that pass laws making smoking in public spaces illegal, so you can't smoke inside the restaurant no more.

Yes, I remember, but for some reason I thought the McD trays were golden. Maybe that was the BK ashtray I'm confusing it with. Too old to know.

Not sure how it is in Brazil, but as a 39 year old, I remember smoking in Canadian McDs in the 90s. They probably changed their corporate policy world wide in the mid 90s. That's when I remember they banned smoking in their restaurants here.

They were always silver, as far as I remember. The closest BK to me was too far to hang out in, in those days. I lived right beside a McDs

Wow this is so weird to think about. How about smoking on airplanes? I remember growing up with it and just thinking it was a part of life.

>I thought the McD trays were golden
same here
flimsy foilpaper like crap

Ive been in a couple office buildings that still have little sand ashtrays in the elevator banks.

You bet I do. Always had at least a certain amount of fucking ash cemented into them with dried soda. Repulsive.

you can still smoke on airplanes but federal marshals will be taking custody of you when the plane lands

Remember how they used to emphasize the plane WILL crash if you leave your cellphone on?
Now they encourage you to use their shitty wifi.

It's almost like some giant corporation is trying to make money off the squirming masses of working people

i'm old enough to remember getting a small coke, cheeseburger, and fries for less than 2 dollars.

beef tallow fried fries.

They're outside of business in a few places and I live in. Commiefornia

McDonalds?

When did smoking sections in restaurants go away? Suddenly, there just weren't any

Not even that long ago, you could get a mcdouble, small fry, and a large drink and it was like $3. McDonalds really went to shit when they did away with the dollar menu.

Many places made smoking in public spaces illegal altogether. My state did, and honestly I'm glad.

after The Running Man starring Arnold Schwarzeneger

everybody wanted to max their cardio after they saw the movie

Some time in the late 90s.

It's a shame. There was this one restaurant I used to go to. It was dark, dreary, and half the seating area was a completely empty smoking section. Then the anti smoking laws passed and now it's a loud, family restaurant with crazy decorations everywhere.

Hmm, so strange, it seems like technology changes in small ways over time.

I do remember when you would come home smelling like smoke no matter where you went or whether you smoked or not. I don't miss it at all.

It must have happened later than that in the south. I remember there being smoking sections in Mississippi until at the latest 2005

No joke. 'Member """smoking sections?""" Like, who the hell thought "oh yeah, just separate the smokers from the rest of the restaurant by about five feet, that should do it."

>family heads out to another state for vacation
>get into a waffle house
>it's fucking filled with smoke
>waitress has the nerve to ask "smoking or non-smoking"

Thank god for those non smoking laws

I actually don't remember McDonald's ever allowing smoking. I also almost never ate there when I was young it was almost always brought home.

I do remember Burger King having allowing smoking though. My dad was a heavy smoker and we went there and ate in more often than McDonald's.