Best MRE?

For no particular reason, what's the best MRE and where do I buy them?

Asking for a friend.

Chili mac, desu.
I'm in the USAF

this right here, MREStar is decent brand, too.

I dig the spaghetti and meatballs.

The one with the nicest hiss.

PEANUT BUTTER

Nice!

In my opinion, the Pork Rib is the best.

Chili mac is the overall best, first user is right, people have their personal preferences as to "best" but chili mac is the least disliked, which is a special victory in itself.

If you want military surplus MREs, use Craigslist or as a last resort eBay.

If you want civilian, pick up Sopakco meals from The Epicenter or XMREs.

Keep in mind that if you want to try a specific entree your best bet is ordering the entree only. Most MREs are sold in case quantity, and you can't just pick which variety you want.

Let's get this on a tray

Oh wow yeah, that's totally foul.
>takes another bite

>Better eat some of this fifty year old bread

hm it's not that bad

>that video where he asks retards to stop freaking out that hes "destroying history" by eating old crackers, saying he has duplicates and they can calm the fuck down

mm! hah. yeah, that's rancid. wow. that's pretty bad. it's almost a metallic sort of rancid, sweet feel to it.

I'll sell you a bunch for $3.50 plus shipping. Not even joking, I have a few hundred that I hoard.

[email protected]

>Destroying history
>Everything inside just rust
>And just DECADENT

>This is the best X I've ever had

>This chocolate from the times of Christ is just starting to bloom, wow!

Link to that video? i dont think ive ever seen him angry before.

Its the civil war hardtack video, I believe

Shelf stable bread always looks terrible even if perfectly fresh. You can see why most ration kits include crackers instead.

Discussing which US-made MRE is best is like discussing which McDonald burger is most gourmet.

Get any MRE from France, Poland, Italy, Sweden - or pretty much any EU country, and it will blow US MRE out of the water.

The lock code reads April 1963
Nice hiss
Let's get this out onto a tray
Nice
Mmmmmmm
Huh
I can definitely taste hickory and rust undertones
Not bad
Now let's take a look at those cigarettes
Woah
Really decent on the dry pull
Modern day smokes just don't taste like this
I usually don't allow myself to smoke a cigarette unless it's at least 50 years old

>Get any MRE from France, Poland, Italy, Sweden - or pretty much any EU country

But those countries don't have MREs.

France has "Ration de Combat Individuelle Rechauffable", or RCIR.

Poland has the Racja żywnościowa typu wojskowego "W" aka "Type W"

Italy uses "Razione Viveri Speciale da Combattimento"

MRE is specifically American.

You're such a fucking sperg. MRE is just the catchall term for all these type meals. Nobody cares if they have different names because they're the same thing.

Oh it's you again. How's your autistic sperging treating you?

>Poland has the Racja żywnościowa typu wojskowego "W" aka "Type W"

Surely you mean "Rodzaj W"? Get it together user.

>MRE is just the catchall term for all these type meals

But that's wrong you fool. "Individual Rations" would be the catchall term. MRE is the American version.

I'll bet you refer to all cola as "coke" too?

Yes, an inability to process non-specific informal language is a classic symptom of autism. For example, if someone says "You're a special snowflake" it does not mean that they think you are literally a microscopic ice-water crystal.

I can process it just fine. I simply feel the need to point out people's error. I realize it's probably not going to get me anywhere, but perhaps I can stamp out a small amount of stupidity.

>I can process it just fine

Yet here you are.

japanese and SK mres are pretty good, usually have a healthy portion of rice and some okay meat products. They're lacking in sweets though, usually you just get generic rock candy.

>Sweden
>MRÄ
>Måltider Redo att Ätas
>Meals Ready to Eat
Literal, word by word translation

So apparently it's not legal to buy US MREs. Why not? It could be an easy profit center for the armed forces.

Is it legal to buy MREs from other countries?

>Why not
they'd be stolen
>It could be an easy profit center for the armed forces.
they get anything they want already, the market of stupid weirdos who want MREs is beyond insignificant

All MREs are made under government contract. In other words, they are literally government property. However, if the gov't were to give out MREs (disaster relief, for example) then it would be legal to resell them on the 2ndard market.

>> It could be an easy profit center for the armed forces
The armed forces don't make MREs. They are manufactured by private companies who sell them to the gov't. Those same companies also make food for the civilian market already. MREs for the gov't are just part of their business; they are already making other packaged foods for other markets.

>>legal to buy foreign
I would assume that as long as they weren't stolen goods there would be no reason why you couldn't buy them.

>the market of stupid weirdos who want MREs is beyond insignificant

I thought Alex Jones had a pretty large audience.

I bought a box of MRE's (I think pack B) when I was 19 just to see if I could live off of them. Most of the food is pretty edible. I never opened the egg-based dishes though. Something about reheated eggs in a pouch sounded like too much. Sadly the tastiest stuff in them were the giant crackers and cheese whiz, lemon poppy-seed muffin and other pastries.

I was told by a friend that soldiers usually trade all their MRE bits for things they want. They even have their own recipes using different contents from different MRE's. I tried some of them with mixed results...

taco MRE means fun factor.

sausage and gravy or the meatball and marinara are my favorites.

shaped pork patty is very good too. I like pouring the pork juices into the rice, it's 10/10.

it's 100% legal to buy MREs, shareblue.

I meant military MREs, not civilian ones you fat shitlord.

You sound like a nigger.

It's prohibited for government officials to sell or trade MREs for profit but there are no civilian laws against buying or selling government MREs. There are also plants that produce nearly identical MREs for both the military and the civilian market.

I'm not a nigger, but I am 6'4" with a 9 inch cock

Why are you so eager to tell other men about your cock, faggot?

Veeky Forums is mostly women, faggot.

Mexican Style Chicken Stew. Asian Style Beef Strips. Southwest Beef and Black Beans. Those are my three faves with Beef Taco, Rib Shaped Pork Patty, and Jalapeño Beef Patty being right behind it. Honorable mention to Spaghetti and Beef Sauce for being a guilty trashy pleasure. Oh yeah. And fuck any MRE with Peanut Butter and Jelly over Cheese Spread.

>Veeky Forums is mostly women
Cease this meme unless you're going to prove it somehow. I know there's women here but I doubt they're the majority of this shithole board.

Then how do I have hundreds in my closet and why are they sold on ebay and amazon.

I eat a lot of mres on my mountain rescue team and I always stick to the vegetarian ones. Same amount of calories, flavor is acceptable, and they don't give me the shits like meat mres do

Becase everyone knows what you're talking about...

>I realize it's probably not going to get me anywhere, but perhaps I can stamp out a small amount of stupidity.

then put a boot to your own head and shut up faggot. everyone here will keep using MRE as a general term for any ration, and theres nothing you can do about it.

I don't get what you're trying to say. The people in that chain of replies obviously all know what they're talking about. And even if you didn't googling "Civil War Hardtack review" is enough to find the video